Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like the interior of Monster's Cafe, but the food is another story ... however I only tried it once... probably deserves a second chance... but I love FFB

Reactions: belloq87
I'm guessing the Illumination theater attraction from USJ swill replace Shrek. Only issue is the Shrek building is easily 2x the size of the attraction in Japan. 2 theaters? Hell, they could even split Shrek into 2 separate attractions if they wanted to.

Reactions: truejonas
Perhaps if it's Illumination Theater..maybe they can save one of the theaters as a dedicated "Event" Space? Perhaps..they could use the one that's currently used as the primary HHN location as such?

Reactions: Jwhee
Someone mentioned on here that one of the rumored lands for the fourth gate would be a classic monsters area - a revamped (no pun intended) Monster Café would be an obvious choice there.

Of all the times I've been at USF, I can honestly say I've never eaten there.

The brisket sandwich is actually great, and for my money, the best use of the dining plan.

What about they split it into a Dreamworks theater and an Illumination theater? Keep the current entrance and add one at the Hollywood service gate.

What about they split it into a Dreamworks theater and an Illumination theater? Keep the current entrance and add one at the Hollywood service gate.

I don't know the exact building schematics, but the HHN house that typically goes in one of the Shrek buildings enters from Hollywood.

That being said, not sure how much space said house typically takes up. They might not want to split the theater into two separate theater attractions for that reason. If it's going to an omnimover, well, tough love HHN, but if it's going to just be a revamped theater, I would guess it would be the same show on both sides.

That may depend though, considering how DreamWorks Theater is layed out in Hollywood on size, they may need to reconfigure a lot to make it work. The same goes, for Illumination Theater, as if i'm not mistaken; that's replacing the former Horror Make-Up in Osaka.

Reactions: truejonas
No. more. theaters.

The people want rides, that's why they go to theme parks

Oh I gotta 1000% disagree here. Everything can’t be a ride. Theaters are a nice change of pace and offer more variety. Obviously, the whole “screenz” thing hovers around here - but Shrek to DreamWorks would be a lateral move, essentially - but also an improvement.

Oh I gotta 1000% disagree here. Everything can’t be a ride. Theaters are a nice change of pace and offer more variety. Obviously, the whole “screenz” thing hovers around here - but Shrek to DreamWorks would be a lateral move, essentially - but also an improvement.

In a way, you could also say it may be more..approachable if they convert it from Shrek to DreamWorks, when you consider the runtime of both of the two. Plus, it as Brian say's, does add variety (especially if it's non-3D like Hollywood's).

Reactions: RevFreako
I still say replace Shrek with a dark ride OR use the space to improve the park entry plaza. No trading a screen-based show for another screen-based show.

Put the Dreamworks Theater in the next gate.

Ideally, I'd have DreamWorks Theater in Hollywood to replace T2 and an Illumination attraction replaces Shrek to make "Illumination Blvd" land - but I don't think that's happening.

No. more. theaters.

The people want rides, that's why they go to theme parks

Theaters are typically crowd guzzlers and can get people of all ages and sizes in the action. Going a Fallon theater route rather than those old painful theater motion chairs is not necessarily a bad thing - in moderation, if I may add.

Ideally, I'd have DreamWorks Theater in Hollywood to replace T2 and an Illumination attraction replaces Shrek to make "Illumination Blvd" land - but I don't think that's happening.

Yeah, with T2 confirmed to be turning into more of a stunt show, I doubt DreamWorks is going in there. I wouldn't be surprised if Illumination Blvd did become a thing, though. Although having the two bigger child draws right next to each other would absolutely choke that street.

Well, shows are certainly great, I think Bourne will be good...The 4D thing is out the window though...Not everything needs to be a ride, but not every alternative to a ride needs to be a 4D theater...Dreamworks theater would be a huge mistake