Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

If we were getting this in WDW along with everything else that is actually coming, I think this would be at the top of the list for me in terms of what I'd be excited for. Even over Rise of the Resistance (my expectations for which have been falling a bit recently).

When's the last time they built an E-ticket classic dark ride on this scale and of this (apparent) quality in Florida?

For those wanting the video without the JP Subtitles..

giphy.gif

My God.

I've been saving and plotting my future vacations around this. If Spring is the target, assuming Fall/Halloween 2020 is safe enough to plan for?

The only bad news is I’m going in June 2019. Guess I’ll need to book another trip in 2021.

Floored by how good this looks but then again.. I think this will be that park's first real new attraction in over 10 years when it opens so much needed/well deserved.

Be careful with 2020, the Olympics are going to jack rates up for that year.

Yeah, I don't doubt that. My friend initially wanted to go during the Olympics but I'm trying to avoid the summer. I wouldn't say it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip (hopefully), but I've been saving for the worst.

Swing and a miss.

(It’s Garner Holt)
Yeah...no. This trope that Garner Holt does all of Disney's animatronics now is flat-out not true. WDI has been spending big bucks on AA research and this is the product of that investment (as well as many more figures to come). WDI fabricates all of their advanced figures, while Garner usually handles less advanced AAs and animated props. The new A1000-series platform was specifically designed to allow WDI to create extremely advanced AAs for much less money.

Some of the recent animatronics by WDI: Wheezy (TSL), Pandora figures, Shanghai pirates figures (Jack Sparrow x 2, Hammerhead, Davy Jones), Frozen Ever After figures, 7DMT dwarfs, Ursula, Mater x 3 (from RSR), Mr. Potato Head, and that's just the ones off the top of my head.

Yeah I think now I found some place to go instead of Singapore for a few days. Just gonna stay in Tokyo and do TDL. I got to see this expansion, and the new attractions. Both Belle and the horse movements are amazing. I just hope i can deal with the spinning of the ride vehicle . But just seeing these has me excited, although could you imagine if the new (NOT YET announced HP coaster), would have these as AA's for the coaster or que). I would be Weak and melting like the Wicked Witch of the West. I'm Melting, Melting, Melting, oh what a wicked world, what a cruel cruel world. I am excited for their expansion. Why dont they bring this to DLR. Is it gonna be an exclusive to TDL for a few years until DLR or even WDW would be able to get it?

Looking at that one scene of the saucers and the AA on it's own movement base reminds me of the SLOP video concept before they supposedly lessened the ride. That's pretty much the way the second scene in SLOP looked like in an earlier rendition. Such a shame Universal probably backed off the early version.

Yeah...no. This trope that Garner Holt does all of Disney's animatronics now is flat-out not true. WDI has been spending big bucks on AA research and this is the product of that investment (as well as many more figures to come). WDI fabricates all of their advanced figures, while Garner usually handles less advanced AAs and animated props. The new A1000-series platform was specifically designed to allow WDI to create extremely advanced AAs for much less money.

Some of the recent animatronics by WDI: Wheezy (TSL), Pandora figures, Shanghai pirates figures (Jack Sparrow x 2, Hammerhead, Davy Jones), Frozen Ever After figures, 7DMT dwarfs, Ursula, Mater x 3 (from RSR), Mr. Potato Head, and that's just the ones off the top of my head.

You’re right, sorry. I remember an article not too long ago that stated they’re outsourcing all AAs to Holt but I guess either that changed or I misread/misremembered the story.

This puts all other Soarin attractions to shame. Imagineering actually gave the ride some cool theming and not just being in an airport as well as a cool background! TDL always gets the best stuff.