Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Artwork

Just finished this sculpt. Always had an affinity for the T-70. Definitely planning on printing this one out.

T-70 Final.jpg

Also, Unrelated to the above. A Mickey Christmas Carol door knocker I sculpted and printed which is now currently adorning my front door lol. (not in love with the paint job though, will probably redo it for next year)...

GoofyKnocker.JPG
57C5BD2A-DFB1-49DC-B0CE-A8A0B7B212B9.JPEG

Attachments

• T-70 Final.jpg
    T-70 Final.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 5
Just finished this sculpt. Always had an affinity for the T-70. Definitely planning on printing this one out.

View attachment 8467

Also, Unrelated to the above. A Mickey Christmas Carol door knocker I sculpted and printed which is now currently adorning my front door lol. (not in love with the paint job though, will probably redo it for next year)...

View attachment 8469
View attachment 8468
Nice! Before I scrolled down I thought the knocker should be bronzed. Glad to see you agree.

Last edited:

View attachment 8467

View attachment 8469
View attachment 8468
Fantastic sculpts. I always wanted an articulated figure of the T-70.

I was just recently dreaming of owning a bunch of tiny models for several Universal RVs and I'm glad I stumbled into this thread to see there are some people who feel a similar way! Your JPRA vehicle from the last page is stunning. Did you ever get that printed? If not, would you be willing to share the file? I own a (low-end but still decent) SLS 3D printer and would be happy to do a test print for you as long as you let me print one for myself to paint up.

Big comic book fan as well so the SCOOP would be my next favorite ride vehicle I'd love to have a model of. The one in the Japan guest relations building is so pretty. A rotating body would be awesome, hah!

Ah nice to know there's someone out there who likes 3D modeling AND theme parks.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I improved them a bit ? I've gotta go back and do a rough measurement again. Tangentially to what you said, this Gringotts design needs the chassis because it feels naked.

View attachment 7302

What program did you use to add the coloring? Inventor feels limited on the texture/color options. I used Inventor for this. I've been trying to get used to Inventor for a while now because most of the companies where I want to work at uses Inventor a bit and I just love modeling in my spare time. My first modeling project was surprisingly successful.

Anyways, love that JP vehicle! That among the Transformers ride vehicle and Gringotts facade is something I've been wanting to do for a long time but I can't find the time. Forbidden Journey's ride vehicle would be a DREAM to do but alas far too complicated for me.

I have roughly finished Kong but unfortunately the 3D printed version came back really bad.

View attachment 7299 View attachment 7300 View attachment 7301 View attachment 7303
Again, fantastic models. So glad there are people modeling these RVs! What did the Kong RV print turn out like? I know you said it wasn't great but I'd still be interested in seeing it. And as I said to ChrisM, if you want a test print of anything and are willing to share the model, I'd be happy to do one for you if I can keep one for myself.
The Gringotts vehicle was looking very nice. Did you ever finish up the chassis on that?

What software did you use to model the heads ChrisM?

I used Pixelogic’s Zbrush for these particular projects. Still learning the program, but I really enjoy it for the organic sculpting and modeling latitude it provides. It's basically digital clay. Much removed from the various CAD software I am proficient with.

Nice! Before I scrolled down I thought the knocker should be bronzed. Glad to see you agree.

Lol. Yes, glad we are on the same page! ;)

Fantastic sculpts. I always wanted an articulated figure of the T-70.

I was just recently dreaming of owning a bunch of tiny models for several Universal RVs and I'm glad I stumbled into this thread to see there are some people who feel a similar way! Your JPRA vehicle from the last page is stunning. Did you ever get that printed? If not, would you be willing to share the file? I own a (low-end but still decent) SLS 3D printer and would be happy to do a test print for you as long as you let me print one for myself to paint up.

Thank you AustinT, No I haven't printed the JPRA vehicle yet (I get side tracked very easily lol). However I am well underway on the T-70 bust full size print. Will post pics soon.

As far as releasing the models, I am definitely considering it. *For non commercial use. But I am still thinking about the right platform to do so.

And for the Spider-man RV, I began that one after JPRA, but as I mentioned before, I get side tracked easily. I do plan on circling back to it shortly. For now, here is a screen shot of the bench in progress lol.

SMRV_VC1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you AustinT, No I haven't printed the JPRA vehicle yet (I get side tracked very easily lol). However I am well underway on the T-70 bust full size print. Will post pics soon.

As far as releasing the models, I am definitely considering it. *For non commercial use. But I am still thinking about the right platform to do so.

And for the Spider-man RV, I began that one after JPRA, but as I mentioned before, I get side tracked easily. I do plan on circling back to it shortly. For now, here is a screen shot of the bench in progress lol.

View attachment 8485
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing more of the T-70 when you've got it posted.

The Spidey RV bench looks great so I can't wait to see the whole RV when done also. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure.

Hello everyone. I want to post these pictures to get some feedback on them. The concept is for a land called Water Mania. I want to work for Universal Creative one day, so any pointers on how I can improve my concept art work would be greatly appreciated. I am only 17 and have had the dream of working for Universal since I was 10. Thanks guys!RobloxScreenShot20190331_130826470.png RobloxScreenShot20190331_130947658.png RobloxScreenShot20190331_131011001.png

Attachments

• RobloxScreenShot20190331_130826470.png
    RobloxScreenShot20190331_130826470.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 4
Hello everyone. I want to post these pictures to get some feedback on them. The concept is for a land called Water Mania. I want to work for Universal Creative one day, so any pointers on how I can improve my concept art work would be greatly appreciated. I am only 17 and have had the dream of working for Universal since I was 10. Thanks guys!View attachment 9258 View attachment 9259 View attachment 9260

These are really interesting, what programs/process are you using to create them?

I especially enjoy the first and last pieces, as they give a lot of information about your concept, which is really awesome. In terms of color, if you’re not far enough in the design process to do full color concept art (which is totally fine), I’d stick with one monochrome style. The first and last do this well, but they also give me two different vibes, as one is very warm and one is cool in color temp. I’d say whatever makes up the bulk of your piece (in this case: that awesome rockwork) should dictate the color you choose. As a designer, the rainbow in the second one, while looking cool, confuses me a little bit.

I’d love to see you throw these into photoshop and brush in some color and texture and see how it all comes together.

They look really great and way ahead of what I was making at 17 lol. Keep it up!

These are really interesting, what programs/process are you using to create them?

I especially enjoy the first and last pieces, as they give a lot of information about your concept, which is really awesome. In terms of color, if you’re not far enough in the design process to do full color concept art (which is totally fine), I’d stick with one monochrome style. The first and last do this well, but they also give me two different vibes, as one is very warm and one is cool in color temp. I’d say whatever makes up the bulk of your piece (in this case: that awesome rockwork) should dictate the color you choose. As a designer, the rainbow in the second one, while looking cool, confuses me a little bit.

I’d love to see you throw these into photoshop and brush in some color and texture and see how it all comes together.

They look really great and way ahead of what I was making at 17 lol. Keep it up!

Thank you so much for your advice. I can definitely start to learn how to fully color and texture my pieces. I use a 3d modeling service and then throw a screenshot of the model into Paint.net. It's no Photoshop, but it gets the job done. I am curious to see some of your art work and learn about some of the things you work on. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your advice. I can definitely start to learn how to fully color and texture my pieces. I use a 3d modeling service and then throw a screenshot of the model into Paint.net. It's no Photoshop, but it gets the job done. I am curious to see some of your art work and learn about some of the things you work on. Thanks again.

3D modeling is a really great skill to have. My training is in theatre design, and I can draft in 2D, but I'm trying to learn 3D drafting, too. It's so useful.

Like I said, I'm a theater designer by trade, so that's what's in my portfolio right now, but I'm trying to get into theme park design, too. For scenic design, I like to take pictures of (very rough) paper models, put them in photoshop, and then collage over them (it helps with scale). And I have s similar process with costumes, where I like to sketch on paper first. But here's some of my more recent projects!

I love collaging, because it’s an easy way to make realistic art quickly. And personally, I prefer it over more stylized concept art, but everyone finds what works for them, and what works for each project.

Last edited:
You are very talented. I never thought about taking a picture of a paper model and throwing that into photoshop. That's so cool. I am going to do some research on that. You learn something new everyday. Cool stuff man!

Thanks! Starting with paper definitely helps me out. This is a little video I made for one of my collages I did over my paper model. This was somewhat far along in my process; my first white models are much more rudimentary.

Was thinking of the future Nintendoland and ways they could add a Halloween overlay to any potential 'Pokeman' rides. I know Nintendo would never consent to this sort of manipulation of their characters, but I think it would be cool to see 'mutated', evil versions of beloved characters take over the rides. Here's what I picture an evil Pikachu animatronic might look like.pikachu m tri lpw res RGN.jpg

Beautiful work as always Violarum! Lucky kids! Have you used a Zhangjiajie reference picture for the background pillars and peaks?

Beautiful work as always Violarum! Lucky kids! Have you used a Zhangjiajie reference picture for the background pillars and peaks?

Thank you so much!!! I’m happy to say that my friend with whom I’m painting this indeed used the Zhangjiajie mountains as influence. She also has lived in China and Japan, so her composition style reads like a traditional ink painting. I’ve done all the details and silhouettes that you can see in the shot alongside her. :)

I love the traditional ink style! It really captures the surreal mist of the high altitude mountains!

Here's a misty, Flight of Passage-esque shot from my Zhangjiajie trip a few years ago:

Epic picture! God I wish I could visit them myself. And yeah for the mist we were able to use a cup gun provided by the contractor, which lends itself very well to this style.

Wow, great job! I would've loved something like that in my room when I was a kid!

Thanks hon! As would I — here’s hoping I get to do more bedroom murals like this but for regular/low-income kids instead of rich ones on vacation lol.