Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

I don't want Universal's "answer" to a Disney ride that opened in 2013. I want Universal to push the boundaries of what they do themselves and the technology out there. By trying to beat Mystic Manor it may only achieve that.

As for having a large, action packed, family friendly attraction then I do agree.

I’d actually disagree here. I’m more than fine with MoM not being some groundbreaking technology. Something on the scale of MM would be more than adequate, even with its current tech.
Everything doesn’t have to be revolutionary.

There is a reason to why Waterworld is the most popular attraction Universal has done

Ehh- Potter/Hogsmeade would like to have a conversation with you. Unless you think adding waterworld could A) save an entire park. Or B) add millionS (plural) in attendance to whatever park it goes into around the world.

Highest GSAT? Sure. Most popular? No way.

Also, there's rumors that Waterworld in Beijing won't be Waterworld in the end.

I'd like to see it in USF, but it feels like its time has past for coming here. Definitely don't want it randomly plopped down in Park 3 if it wouldn't make thematic sense

I would love WaterWorld in Orlando... but the opportunity has passed. And we used to have a "waterworld-like" show in Sinbad.

Sin-Bad was terrible. Waterworld is the most popular themepark stunt show of all time. How many times in your life are you going to have a plane launch at you and crash into water a mere 20ft or so away? The stunts are great, compelling story, and epic moments that are still unmmatched to this day...

But i still dont think itll happen in FL. But it would not be an unwelcome addition.

I would love WaterWorld in Orlando... but the opportunity has passed. And we used to have a "waterworld-like" show in Sinbad.
Waterworld is an all around better show.....Orlando had a great stunt show that they replaced...Which, ironically, is rumored to be replaced again by MoM

I'm on topic....sorta

latest

As a place the original Ministry of Magic is not that exciting imho. 2 statues and a lot of windows that get life with all the extra's in the scene. Sure the things happening in MoM are very exciting and I'm sure UC and Rowling can come up with a great story. Taking the size of the location choices need to be made between the location in the picture and the actual ride.

The thing with Ministry of Magic is that in the movies there was a few things. (Harry's trial, chase for the prophecy, the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort) In the books there are a lot more rooms the kids explored before finding the room of prophecy's and in the books there were a lot of cool things described that could be translated into a ride.

latest

As a place the original Ministry of Magic is not that exciting imho. 2 statues and a lot of windows that get life with all the extra's in the scene. Sure the things happening in MoM are very exciting and I'm sure UC and Rowling can come up with a great story. Taking the size of the location choices need to be made between the location in the picture and the actual ride.
Just imagine that as a queue line....I think being in that room would be quite interesting, and they could show us some original locations not seen in the film

Is a Ministry of Magic show out of the question?

That would be cool. I don't know how they would handle a cast though - JK is known to be pretty harsh as far as letting any on-screen representations being brought into the real world.

Now, she does seem to be letting up. If they set it before or after the events of the main HP movies, there would be a lot more freedom in story telling. But a show would be welcome, for sure.

I’m so tired of Harry Potter at this point. Haven’t even seen the Fantastic Beast films. And I was a huge potter fan back in the day. Yeah I said it, come at me.
This is not the forum where people go "at you" so if you are into that sort of thing you better move on. Maybe don't follow this tread if you don't care and focus on all the other fun stuff you are passionate about?

..Yeah I said it, come at me.

Just coming in, as I am now more-or-less seeing this..but why the "Come at me"? It seems more like you are trying to make your opinion more of a bigger deal, because you want people to go at you.

Honestly, I do think that Potter has somewhat had enough in the two park's as it is (in the Main Series format). But I wouldn't mind seeing how they'd use FB, if only to see more international countries used.

you know what I'm tired of? Fear Factor live that they keep re-opening year after year. Surely even in the interim they could make a better, more relevant show than that.

I'm..actually more surprised that they wouldn't want to keep Academy of Villians for an extended period. Unlike 2017's show, I could easily see how they could make a Cyberpunk oriented show work for a theme park setting. And with high-energy dancing, it may be more of a crowdpleaser than FFL would ever be.

Plus, maybe market it as a new invention to World's Expo, and it's a simple way to keep that section of the park relevant.

Plus, it'd be more of a temp show, if they decide to move on to MoM in the future.

I'm..actually more surprised that they wouldn't want to keep Academy of Villians for an extended period. Unlike 2017's show, I could easily see how they could make a Cyberpunk oriented show work for a theme park setting. And with high-energy dancing, it may be more of a crowdpleaser than FFL would ever be.

Oh, this would be cool. I don't know what AoV charges, but it should be easy enough to find some talented dancers in Orlando who could put on a higher caliber show.