Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I talked about this with Justyn, and it makes me..very concerned. More-so, in what this may mean in his outlook towards of the events quality going forward, as for all intent's and purposes..Universal Monsters was his Opus.

Where else do you go? I get the fears more than prior, that because of the amount of capital and money, it may not be worth the stamina and energy for him to muster something like that. And it boils down to a problem I have more with Hollywood's A&D, than it does to anything else.

..that, is more that I am increasingly concerned for the future of the event, in the current state it is in.

I talked about this with Justyn, and it makes me..very concerned. More-so, in what this may mean in his outlook towards of the events quality going forward, as for all intent's and purposes..Universal Monsters was his Opus.

Where else do you go? I get the fears more than prior, that because of the amount of capital and money, it may not be worth the stamina and energy for him to muster something like that. And it boils down to a problem I have more with Hollywood's A&D, than it does to anything else.

..that, is more that I am increasingly concerned for the future of the event, in the current state it is in.
Don’t think u quite understand your post (Maybe I do?) Are you saying that because Monsters was so good, what’s the point in Murdy wanting to go on?

I’m concerned about the quality as much as you are, but I don’t think that reason is my main concern. It’s more of the ugly budget situations that keep plaguing the event. It shows with the black walls. I really hope they get it down pat this year.

Don’t think u quite understand your post (Maybe I do?) Are you saying that because Monsters was so good, what’s the point in Murdy wanting to go on?

I’m concerned about the quality as much as you are, but I don’t think that reason is my main concern. It’s more of the ugly budget situations that keep plaguing the event. It shows with the black walls. I really hope they get it down pat this year.

I meant more, that because of how important Universal Monsters was for Murdy, for a lot of reasons, that he may not try to top that going forward.

I was probably..more confusing than anything, but hopefully that sums it up somewhat.

I was talking with a friend about it. But a lot of these reminds me of Hellraiser in a way.

Phantasmagoric faces which Phantasmagoric means "Having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination". And with the whole Wraith Like Creatures. And the faces which could be related to that.

It also means "form of horror theatre that used one or more magic lanterns to project frightening images such as skeletons, demons, and ghosts onto walls, smoke" which reminds me of Exorcist with Pazuzu on the wall with that whether what you have seen is actually real or not. To make you feel like Regan. Possibly something similar to Hellraiser flashing images of Demons and Creatures (Original or from the film) to make you feel like you going into Hell. Or possibly images of Frank's victims as transitions back to the same room where you see him get more and more skin added to him. Or possibly as a original ending.

Additionally the whole "X" being Clive Barker and the whole thing about having a Ace up your Sleeve absolutely could refer to Hellraiser. Just my opinion but I do think it's Hellraiser.

Last edited:
I was talking with a friend about it. But a lot of these reminds me of Hellraiser in a way.

Phantasmagoric faces which Phantasmagoric means "Having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination". And with the whole Wraith Like Creatures. And the faces which could be related to that.

It also means "form of horror theatre that used one or more magic lanterns to project frightening images such as skeletons, demons, and ghosts onto walls, smoke" which reminds me of Exorcist with Pazuzu on the wall with that whether what you have seen is actually real or not. To make you feel like Regan. Possibly something similar to Hellraiser flashing images of Demons and Creatures (Original or from the film) to make you feel like you going into Hell. Or possibly images of Frank's victims as transitions back to the same room where you see him get more and more skin added to him. Or possibly as a original ending.

Additionally the whole "X" being Clive Barker and the whole thing about having a Ace up your Sleeve absolutely could refer to Hellraiser.

I was honestly thinking "Hellraiser" when he said "It was Hell!" lol. Though you're right, that could've just been misdirection; that "phantasmagoric" and "ace up your sleeve" talk really reinforces it.

Though something about the way he phrased it makes me think it might be something else. Like, he said that the idea just sort of "came to him" and that he made a call to see if it was possible. I almost feel like it could be some really unexpected property that we haven't been talking about (Phantasm, Rosemary's Baby, etc.) because if it was highly requested / Murdy mentioned it frequently, why would he say it just popped in his head, and why would he imply that he had to make a phone call to get the property?

Then again, those could just be carny antics.

Though something about the way he phrased it makes me think it might be something else. Like, he said that the idea just sort of "came to him" and that he made a call to see if it was possible. I almost feel like it could be some really unexpected property that we haven't been talking about (Phantasm, Rosemary's Baby, etc.) because if it was highly requested / Murdy mentioned it frequently, why would he say it just popped in his head, and why would he imply that he had to make a phone call to get the property?
I think it's more of how he would do it and that he should finally do it that popped in his head. Like the whole idea of finally doing Hellraiser at the event and how to do it and seeing if it's possible. I think he would make a phone call to get into contact with someone who knows Clive Barker. Because this is a Ace up his sleeve which absolutely implies it being Hellraiser since it's so highly requested and popular and would make sense to want to get Clive Barker on board versus some other property that is way less requested or well known. I mean he mentioned that he got a phone call back in 2016 to have a okay to do Exorcist. And I imagine the same for Shining.

I'm just guessing that with the stuff he saw in his dreams and he instantly thought Hellraiser and instead of waiting for the reboot like the dreams inspired him to put more of a effort to do it instead of waiting for the reboot and made a call to see if it's possible and it is.

Also the dates are absolutely insane.

Last edited:
I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'm kinda bummed that we most likely will never get a Slither maze. I'm not saying it's a super incredible, genre-breaking horror film, or that it's better than all the other IPs many people want, but most likely won't get (IT, Conjuring Universe, Scream). However, I re-watched a few days ago and it has a lot of potential to be a frightening maze. Granted it would be very expensive for sure, but it could've been possible since it was distributed by Universal. However, given that it bombed at the box-office and I'm not entirely sure what Murdy's opinion of James Gunn is, it most likely is never gonna come.

I know I'm in the minority when I say this, but I'm kinda bummed that we most likely will never get a Slither maze. I'm not saying it's a super incredible, genre-breaking horror film, or that it's better than all the other IPs many people want, but most likely won't get (IT, Conjuring Universe, Scream). However, I re-watched a few days ago and it has a lot of potential to be a frightening maze. Granted it would be very expensive for sure, but it could've been possible since it was distributed by Universal. However, given that it bombed at the box-office and I'm not entirely sure what Murdy's opinion of James Gunn is, it most likely is never gonna come.

I mean, Killer Klownz was a box office bomb when it was released. If Slither develops more of a cult-following in the wake of the James Gunn thing, then I wouldn't count it out.

It's gotta be Hill House, the "needs a soundstage" maze. Just for that Iron Staircase alone.

EDIT: 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark' Movie Gets Release Date

possibly...?
I would love for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark to be at HHN2019 but I just feel like it wouldn't happen. More of a Gut feeling.

But Haunting fits the criteria for SS747. Tons of characters, Bunch of Effects to have, and Huge Sets.

Especially with how long the Outline is for Maze 1 (Which the hints Al Bowlly, 1970's Carpets, and the Gag for Triplets which we have made connections to for Hill House) and how it is connected with Hill House makes sense it would be in a Soundstage.

I would imagine that it would be like if you took Crimson Peak (A very pretty and Gorgeous Maze) and put it in SS747.

now i know this is unlikely, but a movie adaptation of the russian sleep experiment is coming out next year (it will probably be released theatrically by the looks of it). are we likely to see it as a maze next year? That Crazy Disturbing "Russian Sleep Experiment" Urban Legend is Getting Its Own Horror Movie - Bloody Disgusting

I think it'll depend on who ends up distributing it. Maybe NBC can repackage it as a Channel Zero movie? Lol.

It'd be fun to see, though. Lots of repeated environments (the sleep chamber), probably, a bit like Poltergeist or Krampus.

I think it'll depend on who ends up distributing it. Maybe NBC can repackage it as a Channel Zero movie? Lol.

It'd be fun to see, though. Lots of repeated environments (the sleep chamber), probably, a bit like Poltergeist or Krampus.
if it is gonna be a house, the smells in the rooms are gonna be awful.