Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
(double post sorry)
now that i think about it, i'll kill for a horrors of blumhouse style creepypasta house. have stories like the sleep experiment, noend house, and the goatman.

Reactions: rageofthegods
...noend house...

I know, I know, I'm a broken record, but...

The other ones would be fun to see. Anansi Goatman could have short little middle section, maybe set in the woods with a short, Ash-style trailer in the middle with the "voices" coming in. Campfire, forest trail, some AWiL style "coyotes," and then a stilt-walker to round it off.

Sleep Experiment is mostly underground.

Beyond that...Maybe something like Expressionless and the Rake to round things out?

Beyond that...Maybe something like Expressionless and the Rake to round things out?
maybe mini transition rooms for shorter creepypastas, like the bathroom from "persuaded", a small lab room with living in the sunlight playing from" the harbinger experiment", a cave from "ted the caver", etc etc. there's so much potential with this maze.

maybe mini transition rooms for shorter creepypastas, like the bathroom from "persuaded", a small lab room with living in the sunlight playing from" the harbinger experiment", a cave from "ted the caver", etc etc. there's so much potential with this maze.

The No-End House / eyeless Jack dining room could have a plate of actual pasta in creepy-shapes on the table.

Reactions: hhnlover
The No-End House / eyeless Jack dining room could have a plate of actual pasta in creepy-shapes on the table.
hqdefault.jpg

Late on giving it a watch, but I finally saw Hell Fest. What an awful movie, but I still enjoyed it anyway. If it had a single freakin' ounce of blood, it'd be worth recommending. Anyway, I feel like this movie gets a whole lot right about Haunts, but at the same time, so much wrong. The way characters talk about it seems like they have first hand knowledge. But when they go into the mazes, they're all alone just wandering around like it's a museum. It was especially annoying how they bounced from one prop in the scarezeones to the next to stop and look at it, then want to take a picture with it. I feel like the writers maybe knew Haunt, but the director didn't know how to properly portray it. One simple rewrite that would've fleshed things out a bit more and this could've been the horror-movie-at-a-haunt we've all been waiting for, but it fails to deliver the gory details. One thing I especially liked though was the idea that there wasn't just an extreme house, but an extreme zone, and you had to be transfered to that section of the park via a dark ride. Granted, there's so many logistical things for why a lot of this movie doesn't make any sense, nor accurately show how mazes work, but there's a lot of nuggets of ideas that I just wish this movie stayed in development for a tiny bit longer. It might've been done as a maze at Six Flags, but with some fleshing out, original ideas, and fresh new kills, this could be really creepy. I'd especially love it if they simply just hired "stalkers" to follow your group around all night, and a group of demon looking kids to guide you to other sections of the park would be pretty fun. I'm sad this movie failed, totally alienating the R-rated audience with weak kills, but it could've just been PG-13 by cutting out maybe 1 or 2 F-bombs and possibly found an audience. I just don't get it... sadly.

So I just finished Haunting of Hill House (late to the party, I know) and I was just wondering:

Would they put the car jump-scare with screaming Nell in the maze? I'd love to see that moment translated somehow, even if it's just in an Exorcist-style vignette, with a small "car-interior" set in a black hallway. That moment freaked me out.

Also, how would they do the Iron Staircase? It's one of the most important parts of the book and the series, so it'd be cool if we see some of that. Plus, how would they represent the changing Red Room? Just multiple rooms?

+ Poppy Hill is gonna be the Jack Torrance of this maze, isn't she? Not complaining, she's the best part of the series by a dozen country miles.

Last edited:
Just rewatched Hellraiser last night and ,assuming we do get it, that maze is going to be intense. Soooooo many potential gore scenes and creature designs. My bet is that it would go in either in the Waterworld Queue or in the Mummy Tent. Murdy please try to lock down this property.

If we do get it, the scenes in it they’ll likely include would be:

Only spoiling this for those who haven’t seen it, because if so watch it immediately. So for scenes,

- Frank’s Opening Scene with the Columns
- Ressurection Scene
- Julia’s Victims
- Skinless Frank in the Closet
- Maggot Corpses
- Hospital Corridor with The Engineer
- Frank chasing Kirsti
- Frank getting pulled apart
- Julia with her face ripped off in the bed
- Potential “original” scene in Hell with that dragon thing and the cenobites

And as far characters they could use all of the cenobites, Frank in his multiple forms, Julia, and maybe Kirsti if they wanted a victim scare.

Reactions: hhnlover
Just rewatched Hellraiser last night and ,assuming we do get it, that maze is going to be intense. Soooooo many potential gore scenes and creature designs. My bet is that it would go in either in the Waterworld Queue or in the Mummy Tent. Murdy please try to lock down this property.

If we do get it, the scenes in it they’ll likely include would be:

Only spoiling this for those who haven’t seen it, because if so watch it immediately. So for scenes,

- Frank’s Opening Scene with the Columns
- Ressurection Scene
- Julia’s Victims
- Skinless Frank in the Closet
- Maggot Corpses
- Hospital Corridor with The Engineer
- Frank chasing Kirsti
- Frank getting pulled apart
- Julia with her face ripped off in the bed
- Potential “original” scene in Hell with that dragon thing and the cenobites

And as far characters they could use all of the cenobites, Frank in his multiple forms, Julia, and maybe Kirsti if they wanted a victim scare.
And also...
- Kirsty's Dream Sequence
- (Possibly) Frank killing a Mannequin or getting the life out of Julia.
- The Chatterer with the Wedding Gown on.
- The Creature from the Hospital that chases Kirsty at the end for a door scare.
- The Original Hallways like I stated a few pages back possibly with images of Frank's victims or a representation of going into Hell.
I can also see then reusing this set possibly for the Ending or in some capacity to represent Hell that was used for Black Sabbath 3D, then Clowns 3D, then This is the End 3D just without the 3D.
20181223_104320.jpg

And also...
- Kirsty's Dream Sequence
- (Possibly) Frank killing a Mannequin or getting the life out of Julia.
- The Chatterer with the Wedding Gown on.
- The Creature from the Hospital that chases Kirsty at the end for a door scare.
- The Original Hallways like I stated a few pages back possibly with images of Frank's victims or a representation of going into Hell.
I can also see then reusing this set possibly for the Ending or in some capacity to represent Hell that was used for Black Sabbath 3D, then Clowns 3D, then This is the End 3D just without the 3D.
View attachment 8567

TOTALLY forgot about the dream. That scene was so creepy and would probably be the closest we’ll get to a David Lynch esque scene this year.

I could definitely see Murdy reusing that set piece for the obligatory Hell scene. Hopefully this is a passion project for Murdy since it has a ton of potential if we get it. As does Haunting of Hill House

I’m looking forward to Hellraiser but at the same time I’m trying to be prepared to be disappointed after TrT was such a letdown. I have to think it will be mostly black walls.

I’m looking forward to Hellraiser but at the same time I’m trying to be prepared to be disappointed after TrT was such a letdown. I have to think it will be mostly black walls.

I’m less worried about Hellraiser being like that and more so the potential for a Happy Death Day house. Knowing Murdy and judging off The First Purge that house is gonna get blackwalled to death

Just watched Killer Klowns again and assuming we get it it could be a stellar maze. There's tons of things they can do that could make a great maze.
- The facade would be the Circus tent and would have a couple of scenes before exiting out of the tent. (Possibly even having the Brothers out in front with the Ice Cream Truck as the Password maze with them giving you a card)
Screenshot_20181215-085509_YouTube.jpg
20181223_140455.jpg
- Going through the woods with a Klown with a balloon dog scare and then the Crescent Cove sign leading to the town with a Klown Scare. And then seeing the cars with the Cotton Candy inside.
20181223_140811.jpg
- The Puppet Show scene with a Klown coming out of the Thing and scaring you.
- The Graffiti area with the Knock My Block Off Scene possibly a Scare from people running away or something similar like someone warning you. With the Klown with the Boxing Gloves as a scare.
- A Scare similar to the Train from 2014 AWIL but with a Klown on his Vehicle
- Then the Shadow Puppet Scene with a Projection of the Shadows and then possibly a Klown scare. Or a Actor doing the hand gestures for the Shadows and then a Car comes at you.
- Then the Crescent Cove Police Station with the Klown holding the Police Officer similar to Michael killing the Nurse in 2016 in H2. And you see the victims in the Cages with cotton candy.
killerklownsfromouterspace03.jpg
- (Possibly the Parade Scene but I don't see it making it in)
- Debbie's House as a Facade where you have the Puppets in the bathroom attacking you and then a Klown Scare where you see Debbie in a Ball. (Have it be like TrT where you go left and enter the house from the side).
killerklownsfromouterspace07.jpg
- Then the Death by Pies Scene with a Klown Scare and you enter the Carnival Facade.
20181223_141133.jpg
- The Finale being inside the Tent with Klown Scares from everywhere and then Klownzilla as the end.
It would work pretty well in Waterworld IMO. But I think Killer Klowns could make a pretty stellar maze if it happens and if they try.

Last edited:
Anyone think we’ll probably get that scrapped original from last year to show up this year? If so then it seems the speculated lineup would be:

- Scrapped Original from 2018
- Hellraiser
- Stranger Things 2
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Something Blumhouse
- Classic Universal Monsters 2.0
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- The Walking Dead

And since Orlando is speculated to move up to 12 houses maybe we get a 9th house?

Anyone think we’ll probably get that scrapped original from last year to show up this year? If so then it seems the speculated lineup would be:

- Scrapped Original from 2018
- Hellraiser
- Stranger Things 2
- The Haunting of Hill House
- Something Blumhouse
- Classic Universal Monsters 2.0
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space
- The Walking Dead

And since Orlando is speculated to move up to 12 houses maybe we get a 9th house?
I feel like the "Something Blumhouse" is likely going to be Happy Death Day 2, but I hope (Yes I know it's been done 3 times already) it's Halloween 2018.

I feel like the "Something Blumhouse" is likely going to be Happy Death Day 2, but I hope (Yes I know it's been done 3 times already) it's Halloween 2018.
Most likely won't be Halloween 2018 due to Miramax.

But I am thinking it will be HDD2.

Or Blumhouse 3. Seeing as though Murdy said he has read 2 scripts for this year (1 being HDD2 and the other could be any of the 3 Horror Films Blumhouse has planned for next year being Us, The Gallows 2, and a Untitled film for October) and seeing as though Jason Blum wants more at the event.

https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2018/09/10/jason-blum-on-halloween-sequels-scream-and-blumhouse-at-halloween-horror-nights/amp/?usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ==&_js_v=a2&_gsa=1#referrer=https://www.google.com&share=https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2018/09/10/jason-blum-on-halloween-sequels-scream-and-blumhouse-at-halloween-horror-nights/

"JB: When it comes to being more involved, we have more and more properties that we’re doing here at Halloween Horror Nights because I’m always pleased with the result. I’ll be honest; we’d like to do more.

ST: More than you’re already doing?

JB: Absolutely. This will be the second Horrors of Blumhouse we’ve we had at Halloween Horror Nights, and I would say we have three and a half properties that we’re doing with that this year. That’s very cool.

ST: You mention the trust you have with John and his creative team and the Blumhouse IPs. Which drives that trust more? Is it your relationship or the things you want to see come to life?

JB: On what ends up here at Halloween Horror Nights? I trust John to choose anything from our catalog of IPs. We give him our scripts super early, and we give him cuts of our movies super early and based on both of those things he decides what’s what. A lot of the maze, for example, The First Purge maze where we are, there’s two or three parts of the maze that aren’t even in the movie. They were in the original scripts, but they didn’t end in the finished product for whatever reason, and I think that’s kind of cool. There’s an excellent mannequin scene that never went up in the movie, but it’s in the maze, and it works perfectly here, and in a whole new way. It’s exciting to see those parts of the script come to life again.

ST: So how ambitious are your plans for Halloween Horror Nights moving forward? Do you have ideas for things to do here over the next few years?

JB: We do, absolutely. Sometimes, for me, when we buy a script or when we’re producing a movie I think to myself how it might be great to bring it to Halloween Horror Nights. However, it wouldn’t be good if it were just forced on John. If John doesn’t think it’s going to work, then I would never push it because I trust his instincts about what this will work much more than I trust my own."

So if they really wanted more at the event I would imagine they would do Blumhouse 3 (With 2 or 3 Properties including HDD2 and another one/two of Blumhouse's 2019 Releases), The Purge possibly as a Zone somewhere, and Crypt TV as Tram.

Last edited:
Blumhouse 3 with Happy Death Day 2U, Us, and The Gallows seems like a solid follow up to last year’s surprisingly good maze. The first 2 are bound to be hits in 2019 and The Gallows can be the Unfriended of this year