Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blumhouse 3 with Happy Death Day 2U, Us, and The Gallows seems like a solid follow up to last year’s surprisingly good maze. The first 2 are bound to be hits in 2019 and The Gallows can be the Unfriended of this year

Speaking of Us, it looks more and more like a viable property with each promo shot. Those cultists looks creepy.

Reactions: horrornights789
Us looks a lot more translatable than Get Out did, can’t wait to see the trailer

The living poster in a possible Blumhouse maze would be really funky to see. Like, a giant hand holding scissors? Yes please.

EDIT: It's notable that Blumhouse is set to release 3 more unannounced films next year with Universal (so, not Glass, HDD or Us). I could see one of those rounding out the maze (Spawn?!).

Last edited:
Reactions: RevFreako
The living poster in a possible Blumhouse maze would be really funky to see. Like, a giant hand holding scissors? Yes please.

EDIT: It's notable that Blumhouse is set to release 3 more unannounced films next year with Universal (so, not Glass, HDD or Us). I could see one of those rounding out the maze (Spawn?!).
They have Glass releasing on January 18th but Murdy said M. Night doesn't view his films as Horror films so won't happen.

HDD2 releases February 14th which will pretty much happen easily the most likely.

Us releasing on March 15th which the trailer comes out tommorow but by the looks of it, it could work.

A Untitled Film comes out May 31st but it will most likely be the Gallows 2 which could work in a Maze similar to Unfriended.

The Hunt comes out on September 27th and is a Social Political thriller so I don't really see it happening.

Untitled Film comes out on October 18th which I can see them wanting to promote a lot (If it turns out to be a Horror film and easy to do in a maze which it most likely will).

And then another Untitled Film comes out December 13th.

Us, Gallows, HDD (Especially), and Untitled in October have the most chance but probably only 3 of them will be in the maze (If they were to do a Blumhouse 3).

Last edited:
They have Glass releasing on January 18th but Murdy said M. Night doesn't view his films as Horror films so won't happen.

HDD2 releases February 14th which will pretty much happen easily the most likely.

Us releasing on March 15th which the trailer comes out tommorow but by the looks of it, it could work.

A Untitled Film comes out May 31st but it will most likely be the Gallows 2 which could work in a Maze similar to Unfriended.

The Hunt comes out on September 27th and is a Social Political thriller so I don't really see it happening.

Untitled Film comes out on October 18th which I can see them wanting to promote a lot (If it turns out to be a Horror film and easy to do in a maze which it most likely will).

And then another Untitled Film comes out December 13th.

Us, Gallows, HDD (Especially), and Untitled in October have the most chance but probably only 3 of them will be in the maze (If they were to do a Blumhouse 3).

Iunno about Gallows, if only because the first one was released by Warner Brothers. Maybe the sequel will be a Universals joint, but I'm not too sure how the rights would pan out in that scenario.

If I had to guess from the Wikipedia page alone, I'm guessing at least one of those untitled projects will be a movie called "Prey." Blumhouse has a bunch of completed movies that they've premiered at festivals ("Prey" among them), and the pattern is that after they get premiered, they get picked up for distribution by one of the big studios (Unfriended, Sinister Insidious, and Paranormal Activity were all released more-or-less like this). Blumhouse has a ton of movies that already premiered like this, but since none of them have been picked up so far, I count them out. Of the remaining ones, lots of them look like minimalist psychological thrillers, but a couple of them, including "Prey," seem to involve creatures of some sort. I'm only picking that one because it's premiering at Sundance (one of the bigger festivals), and the fact that it has a veteran horror director behind it (made Pirahna, Amityville: Awakening, and the 2012 Maniac)

Iunno about Gallows, if only because the first one was released by Warner Brothers. Maybe the sequel will be a Universals joint, but I'm not too sure how the rights would pan out in that scenario.
The First one is distributed by Blumhouse and Warner Bros but it's a property that I don't think WB will ever use. The Second One is distributed by Blumhouse and Lionsgate. So if anything they would just do the Second One.

The Plot for Prey is...
"After being put on a supposedly uninhabited island as a form of behavioral rehabilitation, a high school senior finds that he is not alone on the island, and that getting discovered could be deadly."

That's also if it gets released in October. If it gets released in December then I see it being less likely.

Last edited:
The First one is distributed by Blumhouse and Warner Bros but it's a property that I don't think WB will ever use. The Second One is distributed by Blumhouse and Lionsgate. So if anything they would just do the Second One.

The Plot for Prey is...
"After being put on a supposedly uninhabited island as a form of behavioral rehabilitation, a high school senior finds that he is not alone on the island, and that getting discovered could be deadly."

That's also if it gets released in October. If it gets released in December then I see it being less likely.

Did not know that Gallows 2 was being distributed by another company. IP law is weird, lol.

Yeah, that brings up the chances of Gallows 2 showing up a bunch, though I still think higher-ups would prefer a Uni property show up.

Did not know that Gallows 2 was being distributed by another company. IP law is weird, lol.

Yeah, that brings up the chances of Gallows 2 showing up a bunch, though I still think higher-ups would prefer a Uni property show up.
Although HDD2 and Us are the only 2 Blumhouse/Universal properties for 2019 (Unless Untitled in October is also one but Prey isn't Universal if it releases in October). So maybe since Murdy said he was reading 2 scripts he just has Blumhouse 3 be HDD 1+2 (1st Script) and Us (2nd Script).

Although HDD2 and Us are the only 2 Blumhouse/Universal properties for 2019 (Unless Untitled in October is also one but Prey isn't Universal if it releases in October). So maybe since Murdy said he was reading 2 scripts he just has Blumhouse 3 be HDD 1+2 (1st Script) and Us (2nd Script).

That might be it. It helps flesh out all the properties as well; I'm gonna assume Us and HDD 2 are more substantial than Unfriended and ToD

Although I can't find anything about Prey not being Uni if its the October release?

Although I can't find anything about Prey not being Uni if its the October release?
It's Universal (Just saw that it is) but I feel as though if it's 2 scripts then it will probably end up being 2 properties out of the 3 (HDD2, Us, Prey). Seeing how Blumhouse 2 was 2 properties and a original concept. But I feel as though they could feel a Maze up with 2 of those properties instead of 3.

Reactions: rageofthegods
So after watching Stranger Things Season 2 I decided since I did Klowns and I would see it play out I should also do how I see Stranger Things Season 2 playing out in a maze which could be incredible.
IMG_20181215_085902.jpg
- The Facade is the Arcade you enter and it is covered in the Upside Down and you look and see the Mind Flayer outside the door.
- Then you go into a neighborhood Scene with Fences like Halloween 4. Kids are saying "Trick or Treat!" and you get hit by two scares (or 1).
* Side note: What's cool is that they totally could use both Jason and Michael for Stranger Things if they wanted to.
Screenshot_20181224-150509_Show Box.jpg
Screenshot_20181224-150917_Show Box.jpg
(If not there is a Clown and Guy in a Wolf Costume as well)
Screenshot_20181224-151537_Show Box.jpg
- Then the facade for Dustin's House and you enter his room and see that Dart has escaped and ate his dog.
- After that you go through the Woods to the Bus yard where Steve is fighting the Demodogs. Have like possibly a Steve lookalike and 2 Demodogs Puppets for Scares.
- Then you go through the Pumpkin Patch to the Tunnels and possibly have Spores spray air as a Scare (Like when they sprayed Hopper and he almost passed out) possibly have a Hazmat guy/Hopper Lookalike Scare and some Demodog Scares.
- Then it leads to the Laboratory where Chaos has struck and there are Demodog Scares and then you see Bob and possibly have it similar to that one scene from TWD 2015.
Screenshot_20181224-160903_Show Box.jpg
20181224_163640.jpg
(Have Demodogs attacking Bob and have him be a live actor and have like 2 Demodogs that will scare you)
20181224_163815.jpg
- Then through the Woods to Hopper's Cabin as a facade and you come inside and the TV is playing Frankenstein and you enter the room to see a Possessed Will on the Bed choking a Mannequin of Joyce perhaps and then a Scare actor for Nancy possibly with the Rod that they place in the Fire.
- Then have the Finale be Eleven closing the Portal
* Side Note: I personally think they wouldn't use the Episode 7 scene where 11 and that Gang kidnap and try to kill that one guy. Since Episode 7 isn't really in the Main Storyline but more of a subplot.
That's personally how I see it and in SS29. Really hope that they will come up with a Solid Maze this time as I found Stranger Things in 2018 to be just okay.

Last edited:
So after watching Stranger Things Season 2 I decided since I did Klowns and I would see it play out I should also do how I see Stranger Things Season 2 playing out in a maze which could be incredible.
View attachment 8580
- The Facade is the Arcade you enter and it is covered in the Upside Down and you look and see the Mind Flayer outside the door.
- Then you go into a neighborhood Scene with Fences like Halloween 4. Kids are saying "Trick or Treat!" and you get hit by two scares (or 1).
* Side note: What's cool is that they totally could use both Jason and Michael for Stranger Things if they wanted to.
View attachment 8581
View attachment 8582
(If not there is a Clown and Guy in a Wolf Costume as well)
View attachment 8583
- Then the facade for Dustin's House and you enter his room and see that Dart has escaped and ate his dog.
- After that you go through the Woods to the Bus yard where Steve is fighting the Demodogs. Have like possibly a Steve lookalike and 2 Demodogs Puppets for Scares.
- Then you go through the Tunnels and possibly have Spores spray air as a Scare (Like when they sprayed Hopper and he almost passed out) possibly have a Hazmat guy/Hopper Lookalike Scare and some Demodog Scares.
- Then it leads to the Laboratory where Chaos has struck and there are Demodog Scares and then you see Bob and possibly have it similar to that one scene from TWD 2015.
View attachment 8584
View attachment 8585
(Have Demodogs attacking Bob and have him be a live actor and have like 2 Demodogs that will scare you)
View attachment 8587
- Then through the Woods to Hopper's Cabin as a facade and you come inside and the TV is playing Frankenstein and you enter the room to see a Possessed Will on the Bed choking a Mannequin of Joyce perhaps and then a Scare actor for Nancy possibly with the Rod that they place in the Fire.
- Then have the Finale be Eleven closing the Portal
* Side Note: I personally think they wouldn't use the Episode 7 scene where 11 and that Gang kidnap and try to kill that one guy. Since Episode 7 isn't really in the Main Storyline but more of a subplot.
That's personally how I see it and in SS29. Really hope that they will come up with a Solid Maze this time as I found Stranger Things in 2018 to be just okay.

Great job on the write up. IMO Stranger Things 2 is a lot more translatable into a maze than ST1 since it’s a lot more insane and there’s a lot more deaths and sets. And a lot of chances for reused sets like Twisty’s bus for the junkyard scene

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Yeah this could definitely be a maze.

I'm thinking a living poster with just a normal pair of hands gripping scissors spotlighted, floating in blackness...then the strobe lights activate and it turns out there's four of them!

Only one issue: It can't be in Horrors of Blumhouse, 'cause it doesn't appear to be made by Blumhouse (The logo doesn't show up)! So either it's its own maze, or it's not gonna show up, or HoB gets rebranded as Silver Screams or something like that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm dumb!

Last edited:
Remember when Murdy said he was reading two movie scripts?

Horrors of Blumhouse Vol. 3: HDD2U + Us.

There you go.

Honestly, talking with @HHNManics about it..and I would not be shocked, if next year is HDD/HDD2U and Us, alongside a revised version of that original ending from last year for Blumhouse.

Either that, or Purge Night, HDD/HDD2U and Us.