Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Heard on the radio Six Flags interested in all or some of SEAS.

That is not a good match for any of SEAS park. Major downgrade would happen.

I know this had been the general updates thread more or less, but the 5-year plan in question is coming to a close soon.

I think the other thread that was recently created and locked should be open for any discussion last the 5-years of the said plan. This thread could be for anything and everything happening before then, and the other would be for long term / far out developments.

@Brian G.

I know this had been the general updates thread more or less, but the 5-year plan in question is coming to a close soon.

I think the other thread that was recently created and locked should be open for any discussion last the 5-years of the said plan. This thread could be for anything and everything happening before then, and the other would be for long term / far out developments.

@Brian G.
I feel like this is a good SeaWorld “catch-all” thread and renaming the thread would be much easier and make more sense imo than starting from scratch unnecessarily.

I feel like this is a good SeaWorld “catch-all” thread and renaming the thread would be much easier and make more sense imo than starting from scratch unnecessarily.
I think of this thread more as concrete information or updates from permits / press releases, but there isn’t really a SWO blue sky thread. I see it as the same distinction between the “Universal Orlando Expansion” thread and the “4th Park Blue Sky” thread.

Either way, it’s your call.

I think of this thread more as concrete information or updates from permits / press releases, but there isn’t really a SWO blue sky thread. I see it as the same distinction between the “Universal Orlando Expansion” thread and the “4th Park Blue Sky” thread.

Either way, it’s your call.
I mean in the end it’s Brian’s call. I was just giving my opinion on how I see it.

While I really love the inclusion of all of the coasters and capital spending, I do really hope that SW incorporates some themeing into the attractions. I would say around 2010 was when SeaWorld was doing really cool things in terms of ride design and themeing, ie. Manta (SWO and SWSD), Verbolten, Cheetah Hunt. Great rides with great themes. For me, Mako was just okay in terms of themeing and Infinity Falls was great, but obviously had some budget cuts on the themeing.

There is just something organic about all of those rides that fit into the park so well, as opposed to just plopping down a coaster Six Flags style.

Last edited:
200.gif

;-)

I'd guess the next coaster will run out over the lake. There aren't many other places to shoehorn a coaster in around the outside of the park.
What about from behind Dolphin Cove, leading along the front-left side of the park, circling around the lighthouse near the park entrance, before heading back?

I don't wanna see yet another coaster around the lagoon, and we need more rides near Key West besides just Turtle Trek.

Either way, they're going to need to start getting creative. I'm always impressed they stuck Manta smack dab in the middle of the park like that.