Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Was anyone surprised to hear ST was a top rated house last year? While I didn't mind it, and liked many aspects of it, I wouldn't have called it my favorite. And I thought it tested poorly at EPN. Didn't think the GP generally thought much more highly of it--despite the lines, thought most GP was fairly disappointed in it. Is my information wrong? I also wasn't a huge fan of H4, but did get a sense the GP liked it a lot, so that's not surprising to me.

Also, who the heck was the Screecher? I don't remember that icon at all.

Was anyone surprised to hear ST was a top rated house last year? While I didn't mind it, and liked many aspects of it, I wouldn't have called it my favorite. And I thought it tested poorly at EPN. Didn't think the GP generally thought much more highly of it--despite the lines, thought most GP was fairly disappointed in it. Is my information wrong? I also wasn't a huge fan of H4, but did get a sense the GP liked it a lot, so that's not surprising to me.

I'm a little surprised at how well ST did but I think it's popularity had more to do with it's success than the actual quality of the maze.

The Screecher was a cameo/character that was for 2017's Titans of Terror who was a Old School Horror TV Show Host.

xD0_cSsk_400x400.jpg

This was The Screecher, for reference

I personally loved ST, from an atmospheric standpoint, and H4. Both mazes my group and I got some very good scares and I knew that there would be limitations to their design and execution. And given that The Thing fits some of his tweet responses: "a maze with snow, 80s film/more than 20 years old" and it's a Universal IP, I really hope this year can be the year we get that maze, especially with help from Hellraiser and KKFOS as the 80's trinity for this year.

The spec lineup is changing so much and there's no leaked list to prod us. I love it.

Stranger Things 2, Hill House, Hellraiser, US and HDD2...

But that weird "property you might not think of" part is tripping me out. There's something about it.

I would probably think it would be Klowns. Considering that I have seen some people not even consider it.

Maybe. Considering what he said about Classic Monsters, I'm feeling like that maze actually might not come back now, or it'd be a much smaller affair (like, it uses a theater facade instead of the castle and gauntlet). If it doesn't come, it would open a spot for something actually unexpected to fill it up. IDK, could be.

Maybe. Considering what he said about Classic Monsters, I'm feeling like that maze actually might not come back now, or it'd be a much smaller affair (like, it uses a theater facade instead of the castle and gauntlet). If it doesn't come, it would open a spot for something actually unexpected to fill it up. IDK, could be.
If Monsters doesn't come (Which seems to be implied by Murdy) then I could Blumhouse moving back to Parisian Courtyard.

Murdy said that there will be a maze with snow this year. Is this the same one that got scrapped last year (The Thing?)?

Murdy said that there will be a maze with snow this year. Is this the same one that got scrapped last year (The Thing?)?
The Thing wasn't gonna happen last year. Murdy was saying that in Ireland it's snowing and it's perfect for what he is writing. Which he was referring to Stranger Things which at the end it is snowing.

The Thing wasn't gonna happen last year. Murdy was saying that in Ireland it's snowing and it's perfect for what he is writing. Which he was referring to Stranger Things which at the end it is snowing.
now that i think about it, snow could just mean the ash falling down in the upside down at the stranger things house this year.

Last edited:
now that i think about it, snow could just mean the ash falling down in the upside down at the stranger things season 2 house this year.
That depands on if they try to do that effect. I remember Murdy mentioned that they tried to do Snow but it didn't work/they didn't like. I would think the Snow would be for the Thing.

That depands on if they try to do that effect. I remember Murdy mentioned that they tried to do Snow but it didn't work/they didn't like. I would think the Snow would be for the Thing.
i hope it's the thing, as i'm very surprised it's taking them that long to do it.