Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of y’all will never be happy

That's a bit unfair to say. Not everyone is going to like a relatively unthemed coaster, if that's what it ends up being. That doesn't make anyone unhappy.

Now if someone is equally as unhappy with Potter as with this coaster, then yes; they are just unhappy people. But I would think the large majority that would prefer this to not be as barebones and "thrill only" also think Potter will be fantastic.

Like I said- if they found a way to theme a mountain to this ride, then sign me up. But just a big metal fast coaster- say Hulk 2.0 but with more foliage? Meh. It's "ok". I would hope Universal was past that, but so be it. I don't hate it, I don't love it, and it's better than nothing.
I would've preferred a dark ride or gyro simulator (gasp) that used DC as the queue. But when you F up like they did with F&F by not making it a coaster/physical attraction, you overcompensate, I suppose.

Anyone have an IOA map so we can see where JO can expand with future attractions?

Outside of the Raptor Project and the River Adventure overhaul, there isn't exactly much they can do. Especially, as they seem potentially keen to be keeping Camp Jurassic if the trademarks prove anything.

Kong and Potter, took the remaining expansion pads that isn't Toon Lagoon. And considering how the Raptor Project is turning out, I would doubt they could feasibly connect Toon Lagoon with the land, and not isolating Reign of Kong in the process.

Outside of the Raptor Project and the River Adventure overhaul, there isn't exactly much they can do. Especially, as they seem potentially keen to be keeping Camp Jurassic if the trademarks prove anything.

Kong and Potter, took the remaining expansion pads that isn't Toon Lagoon. And considering how the Raptor Project is turning out, I would doubt they could feasibly connect Toon Lagoon with the land, and not isolating Reign of Kong in the process.
I’m in the camp that doesn’t care if they do more in Site B. If Beijing’s JW ride is great I want it here, period.

I’m in the camp that doesn’t care if they do more in Site B. If Beijing’s JW ride is great I want it here, period.

Why can't other places have things unique to themself?

Osaka, Hollywood, Singapore, and presumably Beijing, will all be parks with things exclusive and unique to themselves, that separate themselves from the pack.

Orlando, is no different in it's own way. And it's something that can help allow the parks to have their own senses of identity.

If Jurassic World's Gyrosphere attraction in Beijing is great, then that's great.

Sometimes, we don't need to have everything. Even Disney, knows this well.

I would've preferred a dark ride or gyro simulator (gasp) that used DC as the queue. But when you F up like they did with F&F by not making it a coaster/physical attraction, you overcompensate, I suppose.

Then people would be complaining about ripping out all the trees for a big box show building.

I see Jurassic park land I very limited in terms of adding few newer attractions to its land other than the new planned coaster. Reign of Kong could’ve been used for JP expansion yes. Since Kong is staying put for good I am thinking JP could possibly retheme reign of Kong into a future JW attraction. That’s my only suggestion of adding another JP attraction. Keep Reign Of Kong building but feature JW Dino’s with mossasur, I-Rex. I know universal won’t be that stupid and do that. But in terms of expanding JP what else is their to do? I’d rather have potter than kong right now tbh.

I see Jurassic park land I very limited in terms of adding few newer attractions to its land other than the new planned coaster. Reign of Kong could’ve been used for JP expansion yes. Since Kong is staying put for good I am thinking JP could possibly retheme reign of Kong into a future JW attraction. That’s my only suggestion of adding another JP attraction. Keep Reign Of Kong building but feature JW Dinis with mossasur, I-Rex.

They're not retheming Reign of Kong to Jurassic World.

Why can't other places have things unique to themself?

Osaka, Hollywood, Singapore, and presumably Beijing, will all be parks with things exclusive and unique to themselves, that separate themselves from the pack.

Orlando, is no different in it's own way. And it's something that can help allow the parks to have their own senses of identity.

If Jurassic World's Gyrosphere attraction in Beijing is great, then that's great.

Sometimes, we don't need to have everything. Even Disney, knows this well.
I’m just going by how everything big Universal seems to do recently ends up in Orlando.

Ok fine but they missed out here with JP expanding.

Considering the original plans for Kong from what I gathered..

..we are lucky, to have an attraction like Reign of Kong.

...a thought, I would wonder how they'd handle the retheming of the water plant structure, considering how that's happening for Hollywood right now turning to colors that resemble more of what Jurassic World 1 used (blues & greys).

I've heard that there are rumors going around that there is going to be some kind of roller coaster planed for Jurassic Park. Is there any truth to these rumors or will we just have to wait to find out?

About 6 years have passed, funny how it took so long.

Looking at the layout more that @chickenlilchip has posted for Fox, and it's crazy how fun that the coaster is potentially seeming to be.

If this is 2020, then we are in for a treat; with GwaziRE; the SeaWorld Orlando project; and now this.

I'll reiterate what I've said before. I don't 'personally' like unthemed steel coasters messing up the sight lines in a real theme park. But I do understand Universal's reasoning to put this coaster in. It's a good business decision on their part. It will satisfy their thrill demographic, balance out the resort, pull in that thrill demo for attendance, and also pull in the locals for attendance. And, it's an answer to the too many screen attractions complaints of it's USF neighbor park. I'd make the same decision if I was in their position, even though I don't personally care for it. It's not personal, it's business.

What are your thoughts on the aesthetics of Hulk out of interest?

Soooo

with the years of scrapped Jurassic plans, and insiders having a good loop on what was going on, will anyone ever open up the vault of what almost was?

Check out the link their talking about a new type of flume attraction for JP/JW.
Universal Orlando Resort – Universal May Be Developing New Jurassic-Themed Flume Attraction

I could see elements like this used in a huge River Adventure redux, I know they've planned both basic new material for it as well as complete new ride makeovers.

I could see something like that in the link above being used when the boat gets knocked off track.

Does anybody else think they will eventually change the Discovery Center exterior to the Pyramid shaped building in JW? Or do you think Universal will cheap out and put a coat of blue paint and call it a day? Interior wise I’m sure that will get updated. It’s painfully outdated in there.

My hope is they don't touch its outside at all, keep the JP colors - I think JP and JW architecture and colors can live alongside one another.

What are your thoughts on the aesthetics of Hulk out of interest?
Hulk is a decent fit because of the land it's in. It's really not evident when you're walking through the immersive Port of Entry. You don't actually notice it until you turn the corner towards Marvel...and...It's barely themed look works with the Marvel comic book look building scape. And it provides kinetic energy for the front of the park.

My theory (and it’s just a theory) on why we aren’t getting the JW gyro ride is that the JW River Adventure it whatever it’ll be called will feature basically the same scenes, or at least the best scenes, so it would just be duplicating work
I would hope for that to be the case, especially in the AA department. I didn’t realize how extensive the redo actually was until I saw the recent pictures showing the construction of new buildings in USH. Looks like that’s how they’re going to fix the problem of having AA’s outside. By not having them outside.

Soooo

with the years of scrapped Jurassic plans, and insiders having a good loop on what was going on, will anyone ever open up the vault of what almost was?

I could see elements like this used in a huge River Adventure redux, I know they've planned both basic new material for it as well as complete new ride makeovers.

I could see something like that in the link above being used when the boat gets knocked off track.

River Adventure takes up pretty much as much space as it can, it's only an illusion that makes it seem it goes thru a large space.

Hulk is a decent fit because of the land it's in. It's really not evident when you're walking through the immersive Port of Entry. You don't actually notice it until you turn the corner towards Marvel...and...It's barely themed look works with the Marvel comic book look building scape. And it provides kinetic energy for the front of the park.

Once you pass Hulk it's out of the way and doesn't interfere with the rest of the land, the same thing for this coaster too.

I know they'd never do this, but it would be interesting if they made the existing Discovery Center into the decrepit looking building we saw in the JW movie, and had a separate visitor's center from JW somewhere

It’s probably the best fit for a bare steel coaster I can think of with exception of California Screamin’. I think in Beijing, theming it to Transformers will work equally well.

For this coaster, I think they will be able to blend it into the environment well, Alton Towers have been doing it since the 90s and it will add a nice dynamic looking across the lagoon from what’s going to be visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.