Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned a while back there’s been leaked images in the past of the AA’s...could someone repost please?

Hi, New here, just finished reading all 28 pages. (Dear lord!) Okay so like many of you, this has been my favorite ride just about anywhere. Having said that, my observation I'd like to share:

The red scaffolding in the first section of the track past the entrance gate, that is being enclosed; notice that it drops down again. I'm wondering if they are adding a second drop hill, albeit a small one? Looks like with the height of those ceilings you could bring the track up and back down there. It's definitely curved downward and the initial arch curves around to the 1st lagoon.

Last edited:
Hi, New here, just finished reading all 28 pages. (Dear lord!) Okay so like many of you, this has been my favorite ride just about anywhere. Having said that, my observation I'd like to share:

The red scaffolding in the first section of the track past the entrance gate, that is being enclosed; notice that in drops down again. I'm wondering if they are adding a second drop hill, albeit a small one? Looks like with the height of those ceilings you could bring the track up and back down there. It's definitely curved downward and the initial arch curves around to the 1st lagoon.
Welcome to the forums!

The red scaffolding in the first section of the track past the entrance gate, that is being enclosed; notice that it drops down again. I'm wondering if they are adding a second drop hill, albeit a small one? Looks like with the height of those ceilings you could bring the track up and back down there. It's definitely curved downward and the initial arch curves around to the 1st lagoon.

Welcome...

We know for a fact the ride track will have no adjustments. This offered a faster turnaround into the remodel. My guess is to get prepared for lots of projection mapping!

My last ride on the original, was at a Kaiser Permente event in Feb of 16.

I miss JP, still do. And I remember a lot of it, but man am I excited for what JW is bringing for the table.

I still wonder exactly what’s going into that covered portion. I’m also expecting the projection mapping to be as solid as DWT’s. I still remember being blown away by the climax of it the first time.

It's photos that are in essence, confidential and behind scenes.

They're out there in the wild for those wanting, but it's ill-advised to post them on the forums, as we had a situation with those a while back.
I don’t think I was around for that, but why are such images not allowed here? I get that it’s stuff that’s not meant to be public, but would the forums also get in trouble for that?

I still wonder exactly what’s going into that covered portion. I’m also expecting the projection mapping to be as solid as DWT’s. I still remember being blown away by the climax of it the first time.

I don’t think I was around for that, but why are such images not allowed here? I get that it’s stuff that’s not meant to be public, but would the forums also get in trouble for that?

These forums have had moments where we have posted things that shouldn't of been posted.

That said, I think I remember you from YouTube; so if that's the case, welcome to IU! I can't wait to see what you have to comment on.

Universal monitors these forums...
Ohh...should have figured that since I noticed they also follow the IU Twitter. That explains things.

That said, I think I remember you from YouTube; so if that's the case, welcome to IU! I can't wait to see what you have to comment on.
Come to think if it, I think I have seen yours around elsewhere, or maybe I’m just remembering things wrong. Nice to meet you too.

IMG_6965.jpg

Bringing this bit up from the IU photo report, but it seems like they're making some form of jagged rockwork portion, with perhaps a new form of awning? Just a thought..

That said, IU just posted a new photo report; with some fantastic images by @Sydney on the current progress for Jurassic World.

Link

I'm no architecture expert, but It's hard to tell IMO. I'm willing to bet it'll be a place to throw in some projection mapping as it comes closer to completion.

Also, just to spark some more discussion, I know there's been talk about the Indominus possibly replacing the first Rex head, and then there was that curtain with an Indominus AA behind it as it replaced one of those gas tanks in the finale room, but does anyone wonder about what kind of movement they'll have?

With the newer technology, I'd also be willing to bet, be it one instance or the other (or even both) that they'll make it animated enough so it actually feels like it's out for the riders' blood and would make for a good thrill for the first time rider, especially with how the Indominus AA seems to be positioned in a way that it will try to lunge from the side and attack the riders before the T Rex appears.

If nothing else, that's one thing I'm greatly looking forward to about the ride, including projection mapping on the scale of DWT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.