Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 631 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
....no room...

Huh? You're saying Reign of Kong couldn't have fit into the entirety of Poseidon + Sinbads + the Bazaar area?

LC is basically the size of DC plot + Hogsmeade. They could've put 2 Kongs there with room to spare.

Edited to add:
Anybody else feel that Lost Continent should of been Skull Island? Would of made sense and given JP a lot more room for expansion.

I'd much prefer LC for Zelda. I can't think of a better IP for the area. HTTYD would also work, but Zelda would be the best. It's a great transition between Seuss and Potter too.

If I'm playing roller coaster tycoon and could've put skull island somewhere else, I would've taken out TL theatre and part of dudley (cya dudley) and put it there. Turned Popeyes into a creepy raft ride with a bunch of bugs/creatures from Skull Island, and made the whole area forest-like.

Then use the current Kong spot w/ the rest of Dudley to make my new JP attraction. If that's where the coaster goes, or a Kauai Mountain coaster, etc, so be it and then a gyrosphere simulator attraction can go to Triceratops encounter.

Granted, you'd have a never ending and sprawling jungle area at that point, so it'd feel like JP/Kong would never end, but that's the coolest part of the park anyway; so the more the better.
It wouldve never happened though because if the choice is an expansion spot or removing attractions, you're going to almost always side with expansion spot.

Last edited:
It’s just weird that Kong:Skull Island came out after Reign Of Kong was built it was based on Peter Jackson’s 05 film. And the movie was Universal so they had to put it their. But I think it’s a bad idea whoever said to include Kong in the JP land. Keep Kong as a seperate land please. What I am saying is Kong will continue to appear in future movies this isn’t the end of us seeing him. He could pop up at a end credits scene for Godzilla 2 who knows. Then the battle begins with Godzilla vs Kong in 2020. You really think that would be a terrible attraction having guests experience an all out epic clash between 2 iconic monsters? It sounds dumb to have Kong in 2 parks but boy this would be worth it if done without screens lol.

... You really think that would be a terrible attraction having guests experience an all out epic clash between 2 iconic monsters? It sounds dumb to have Kong in 2 parks but boy this would be worth it if done without screens lol.

Out of interest, how could you have “an all out epic clash” between Kong vs Godzilla ‘without’ screens? :)

Reactions: HPFred and Andysol
I think Kong vs Godzilla ride could work if it had a escape from gringotts technology combining screens with physical sets again I am just a little bummed about Reign Of Kong we could’ve saw more in my opinion if it had more space it would’ve been cool to see the ride go to New York City after Skull Island. New York City is still a big part of King Kong like his second home.

I will but will I be more impressed with this ride over Kongfrontation? I miss riding the movies. Universal has distanced itself away from their famous slogan. Watching the movies is their new slogan sorry.

You will not find a bigger fan of Kongfrontation than me. It was one of my favorite attractions of all time, and I miss it a tremendous amount.

Reign of Kong is great. It's not Kongfrontation, but it's a worthy heir. Yes, there are screens aplenty, but the queue is fabulous, the first couple of scenes in the ride set a strong mood, the sets are detailed, the personalities of the drivers add some fun variation, the musical score is terrific, and the Kong AA is among the best I've ever seen. It's one of the best rides at Universal.

Give it a chance, and you just may be surprised by its quality.

You will not find a bigger fan of Kongfrontation than me. It was one of my favorite attractions of all time, and I miss it a tremendous amount.

Reign of Kong is great. It's not Kongfrontation, but it's a worthy heir. Yes, there are screens aplenty, but the queue is fabulous, the first couple of scenes in the ride set a strong mood, the sets are detailed, the personalities of the drivers add some fun variation, the musical score is terrific, and the Kong AA is among the best I've ever seen. It's one of the best rides at Universal.

Give it a chance, and you just may be surprised by its quality.
:thumbsup:

Ok ok but here is my other problem with the newer kong out since Universal cannot use him in that version what happens next? Theirs no guarantee that Toho will allow Godzilla into Universal’s fourth gate either. Kong is still current and Godzilla is current with new films I mean. If they succeed why not WB, Legendary and Universal Parks team up? You think it’s dumb to have 2 Kong’s in both Universal Orlando Parks? If that fails theirs always a chance of adding more Kong from Peter Jackson’s film but make it New York City style when they go to NYC later on in the film. I guess Kong doesn’t have very many enemies like Godzilla that’s why Godzilla should get more attention in the fourth gate.

Sorry for double posting but i guess it sounds dumb to make a 100ft tall Kong AA and a very very tall Godzilla AA. People think I’m criticizing kong I just don’t understand why he can’t be used again since he is appearing more on screen in cinema. Heck potter will have 3 lands but their are from WB. Seem dumb to have a universal kong and a WB kong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry all I’m trying to say if that the MonsterVerse succeeds make a lot of money from KOTM and GVK next year let’s say this MonsterVerse continues on seeing more Kong & Godzilla making more solo films for both monsters. They will still be in the spotlight. Just saying I know they don’t have the rights to WB & Legendary but Legendary was once home to Universal and they can all 3 have another deal. You never know. Just saying Kong has a new skull Island now their is plenty of space over at the new gate where we can see KONG’s new enemies come to life. Just saying more Kong solo films give us hope for him appearing in theme park form again. Here’s an article on Kong and his evolution at Universal Orlando even him currently right now at WB.
KONGFRONTATION: The Reigning King of Universal's Lost Legends | Theme Park Tourist

Last edited:
Sorry all I’m trying to say if that the MonsterVerse succeeds make a lot of money from KOTM and GVK next year let’s say this MonsterVerse continues on seeing more Kong & Godzilla making more solo films for both monsters. They will still be in the spotlight. Just saying I know they don’t have the rights to WB & Legendary but Legendary was once home to Universal and they can all 3 have another deal. You never know. Just saying Kong has a new skull Island now their is plenty of space over at the new gate where we can see KONG’s new enemies come to life. Just saying more Kong solo films give us hope for him appearing in theme park form again. Here’s an article on Kong and his evolution at Universal Orlando even him currently right now at WB.
KONGFRONTATION: The Reigning King of Universal's Lost Legends | Theme Park Tourist
Kongfrontation was a snooze fest

I'm too young to remember Kongfrontation properly. Honestly, I might only have ever seen the original backlot version in Hollywood. I know 8 year old me thought it was cool at the time. 22 year old me was also happy with Reign of Kong.

Reactions: Mike S
Kongfrontation was a snooze fest
giphy.gif

At least Godzilla would come to the fourth gate but getting Toho to agree with it will be difficult then will come his classic enemies and that’s where Kong could come into play but it looks like Kong v Godzilla will be a city like battle. Kong could always come back in New York City style. They didn’t explore that in Reign Of Kong. Maybe add Peter Jackson’s version in the new park. Also why is Kong in ready player one?