Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is JP would’ve expanded well in the Reign Of Kong section now since that attraction will be their for about 18+ years the chances of it leaving earlier are very low for a future JP attraction. Theirs not much they can do with expanding the land like we’ve said. Their not going to take away something from Potter.
We ARE getting a new JP attraction. The Trike plot is much bigger than people seem to understand. And this is how Universal choose to expand the land.

Well, Andy had an interesting tweet that seemed to imply the track would be white. That's actually my preference.
Related clip:

Related clip:

Yep. My hope is more I-Rex related than raptor related. The "story" of the ride, even based on the layout, ties fairly close to the climax of the first movie.

Your vehicle races off with the raptors and go through the jungle. The second launch is the "retreat" when the raptors join the I-Rex. You race along the streets of Jurassic World (ground pass), collect the T-Rex (helix), then bring everyone to the water (water pass.)

Speaking of track... what color would y’all like the track to be, and, what color do you think it’ll be?

With Hulk across the way I’d assume green is out. And with Potter I bet the natural grungy brown look is out too.
I'm not sure why, but I keep imagining this coaster having a beige track with bright orange supports. I think that color scheme would work well with the current JP land, but for JW, I think blue and grey would work exceptionally fine with the land.

Now I hope it is white, just so this clip has two meanings.

I think it would be a nice change in color...but I also fear it would pop out a bit too much. I'd rather they try to keep the DC the focus of the waterfront.

If we are going down the JW route the Discovery centre will become the much bigger JW Innovation centre anyway :grin:

I would like to take the time to post this url for anyone who wants to see how this coaster might look given the "rumored" track layout.
EDIT
This layout is not 100% accurate, reading some of the comments the creator could have missed an inversion or some track element. How does everyone feel about this given color scheme?

What are the chances we get animatronics around the ride? I could see at least some raptors in the rumoured show scene.

I genuinely think putting an Indominus Rex towards the end where the track circles a few times would make sense. It would fit the theme of the raptors hunting, tracking, and circling their target.

It could be a pretty simple AA as the ride moves so fast - but it would be a cool "ohhh no way!" way to end the ride

And then eventually if the River Adventure gets the Hollywood makeover, that tracking the Indominus story would come to its conclusion their with the climatic fight with a Tyrannosaurus.

I would like to take the time to post this url for anyone who wants to see how this coaster might look given the "rumored" track layout.
EDIT
This layout is not 100% accurate, reading some of the comments the creator could have missed an inversion or some track element. How does everyone feel about this given color scheme?

Not a bad guess but apart from getting the directional part of the layout correct, a lot of the elements are far different. Imagine something that's not so drawn out and large, and far more snappy and forceful. You'll really be able to feel the element of speed on this ride.

EDIT
Those were the colours I was thinking....And great video

Status
Not open for further replies.