Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Lack of Announcements Thread

I'm glad the defense force is here to let us know everything UOR is doing is correct. In my opinion they aren't.

If what they're doing is leading to continued near capacity at their resorts (for which they continue to open more), and year over year attendance grown in their parks, then explain to us what they're doing wrong.

I could see an argument being made that they are making bad choices if they were losing attendance in their resorts and parks, but the opposite is true.

If what they're doing is leading to continued near capacity at their resorts (for which they continue to open more), and year over year attendance grown in their parks, then explain to us what they're doing wrong.

I could see an argument being made that they are making bad choices if they were losing attendance in their resorts and parks, but the opposite is true.
This exactly. Fanboy whining is all it is.

You're calling ME the fanboy...lol.

Universal should be announcing and hyping a project that opens in six months.
I wasn't speaking directly to you, but if the shoe fits...

There's not a single thing Universal "should" do as long as their metrics are growing at a rate that they're comfortable with. What part of that is hard for you to grasp?

What's absurd is your failure to grasp that launching an ad campaign when they clearly don't need to is wasteful. Just admit that you're mad they're not giving you something you feel entitled to and move on.

I wasn't speaking directly to you, but if the shoe fits...

There's not a single thing Universal "should" do as long as their metrics are growing at a rate that they're comfortable with. What part of that is hard for you to grasp?

What's absurd is your failure to grasp that launching an ad campaign when they clearly don't need to is wasteful. Just admit that you're mad they're not giving you something you feel entitled to and move on.

I honestly don't care if they release a commercial or not, I'm not entitled to anything. That doesn't mean it's not a mistake so close to opening. There is nothing "wasteful" about promotion in the theme park business. They have held their cards long enough.

PS - This is the "LACK" of announcements thread? Right? Are we not supposed to discuss this?

Last edited:
I honestly don't care if they release a commercial or not, I'm not entitled to anything. That doesn't mean it's not a mistake so close to opening. There is nothing "wasteful" about promotion in the theme park business. They have held their cards long enough.

Where did you say you got your MBA from again? They'll play their cards when they're ready. Spending money they don't have to is the TEXTBOOK definition of wasteful, as is debating with fanboys. We're done here. Be well.

Where did you say you got your MBA from again? They'll play their cards when they're ready. Spending money they don't have to is the TEXTBOOK definition of wasteful, as is debating with fanboys. We're done here. Be well.

FSU.

Posting an announcement on social media costs VERY Little.

You can disagree with the discussion all you want, but this rude conduct and name-calling needs to stop now.

I disagree that "fanboy" rises to the level of name-calling, but I respect your authority.

Ya'll made Ryan bring out the bold italics...you should all be ashamed
I was appropriately cowed. Because I understand his next step is to find you and kick you in the jimmies, and as an old man, I can't take those kinds of shots anymore.

You're calling ME the fanboy...lol.

Universal should be announcing and hyping a project that opens in six months.

It's not whining, it's realistic. Saying "they don't need too, because they are already too popular, or it's not worth it because Star Wars Blah blah" is absurd.

The thing is, you haven't provided any specific reasons as to why they should announce info/details earlier than they currently do other than saying it's a mistake that they don't. Why?

Myself and others have provided many reasons as to why they likely hold their official/detailed announcements until quite late:
- Past drops in attendance as people hold off their vacation plans waiting for the announced items (and what Disney also has experienced and are currently experiencing)
- current methodology sees continued high resort occupancy and with year over year park attendance growth
- a potential that they are not logistically prepared to handle large spikes in attendance that earlier and more mass marketing would likely produce

I haven't seen anyone articulate an argument as to why they should market their new attractions earlier and more heavily.

The thing is, you haven't provided any specific reasons as to why they should announce info/details earlier than they currently do other than saying it's a mistake that they don't. Why?

Myself and others have provided many reasons as to why they likely hold their official/detailed announcements until quite late:
- Past drops in attendance as people hold off their vacation plans waiting for the announced items (and what Disney also has experienced and are currently experiencing)
- current methodology sees continued high resort occupancy and with year over year park attendance growth
- a potential that they are not logistically prepared to handle large spikes in attendance that earlier and more mass marketing would likely produce

I haven't seen anyone articulate an argument as to why they should market their new attractions earlier and more heavily.

I actually have in this thread, 'll summarize.
- Only 6-7 Months from opening. (Most folks that are planning on going before the ride opens, are not going to change their plans at this point). To say they will have this huge attendance problem if they announce the ride now is silly.
- Missing the December/January travel booking season. Probably their biggest error.
- Cost to announce something on social media, is literately nothing. They don't need to start paying for a huge marketing push if they don't want to.
- Disney announcing new info on a weekly basis, and coming out with a ton of new attractions in the next 5 years. That have actually been announced.
- Having the upper-hand since SWL won't open until Fall/Winter, when Potter is supposed to open this summer. if there is a time to capitalize "before SWL" this is it.
- Lack of ANY real details at all. Just one Promotional photo, that was more of a teaser.
- Failure to provide any other info on all the other projects that are in the works.

Soooo, tomorrow maybe Universal releases something juicy?

They like posting big news on Thursdays. Next Thursday is the day before Rock the Universe, so if not tomorrow, I wouldn't expect something big for another few weeks.