Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 466 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this parks has lands with SNW, How To Train Your Dragon, Shrek, Trolls, KFP, and Classic Monsters and you’re disappointed then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s a strong line up with a ton of theming elements and opportunity for great ride ideas.

While not "disappointed," I do think that exact lineup is a little animation-heavy for my taste. Which is probably why I'm a bigger proponent of Fantastic Beasts showing up in addition than most others here are.

Are we thinking any live shows at all?

I would definitely be in favor of the HTTYD CreatureTech show. That's something that could actually get me into a theater

Trolls sing-a-long, Barney style, would probably pull in the kiddos too. I still haven't seen the movie, so I can't say I'd be in line myself though.

HTTYD, maybe WaterWorld/Zelda? Parades. Probably an original show.

I'd be all-in on WaterWorld, whether it really fits anywhere in the park or not!

Parades, I can take or leave. I recognize the appeal for some guests and the value they can bring to a park, but parades are not "real" attractions in my book. Parade time means a great time to be doing something else!

What about that puzzle theater from the patents? It could use live actors somehow.

What little could be discerned about this attraction when we first heard about it had me intrigued.

Parades (with the exception of Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's) and live action shows have not worked out too well at Universal Orlando so I hope they don't try to force the idea in the new park. Let Mickey have them...

Universal can't just give up on shows. WaterWorld is great and T2:3D was a stunt show with screenz. They've also had some strong mini and street shows, as well as some duds. Disney Magic isn't real, people made their shows. It's just a matter of Universal getting the right people to make their shows too. They do need to include cheezy general appeal jokes, but they don't need to be on the level of a county fair. They're a freaking top tier movie company, it's not impossible for them to get good scripts.

Universal can't just give up on shows. WaterWorld is great and T2:3D was a stunt show with screenz. They've also had some strong mini and street shows, as well as some duds. Disney Magic isn't real, people made their shows. It's just a matter of Universal getting the right people to make their shows too. They do need to include cheezy general appeal jokes, but they don't need to be on the level of a county fair. They're a freaking top tier movie company, it's not impossible for them to get good scripts.
They're on a good streak. The lagoon show is excellent. The new Macy's Parade is excellent, better than Mickey's Christmas Parade plus better floats. . The upgraded Grinchmas show is as good, if not better, than any stage show at WDW.

If they can recreate the magic that is the Hollywood Horror Makeup show in the new park it will be enough for me. Such effortless talent to adapt and present the show is rare today. Script rules all with little room for improv.

No clue, TBH. I guess I could see them bringing a version of the touring HTTYD AA/Puppet show in. Maybe something Trolls? Who knows.

Considering their record with live action shows lately, I wouldn't be expecting more than 1.

UO A&D department weakness is high quality and lengthy stage shows. HHN great, Nighttime show, pretty darn good...They really need to pull some of their English speaking art directors from Japan to Florida for street entertainment and stage shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.