Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 467 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parades (with the exception of Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's) and live action shows have not worked out too well at Universal Orlando so I hope they don't try to force the idea in the new park. Let Mickey have them...
The Mardi Grass Parade is always very popular and Universal has a ton of well watched shows but almost non of them are in a theater. Although the Horror and Make-up show is really very funny and I would say the Grinch is a classic.But you are right that Universal doesn't have a Lion King (great) or everything in USH (godawful).

Reactions: truejonas
The Mardi Grass Parade is always very popular and Universal has a ton of well watched shows but almost non of them are in a theater. Although the Horror and Make-up show is really very funny and I would say the Grinch is a classic.But you are right that Universal doesn't have a Lion King (great) or everything in USH (godawful).
USH doesn't have Celestina or the three brothers/fountain of fair fortune? I think those are very well done.

I think the crowds at Universal are much more the "street show" crowds. They'll watch something they're passing by for a few minutes but the majority do not really want to sit and watch a show most of the time. I think the shorter attention spans of people in general mean that a stage show in a theme park is going to become a relic of the past at some point.

I think the crowds at Universal are much more the "street show" crowds. They'll watch something they're passing by for a few minutes but the majority do not really want to sit and watch a show most of the time. I think the shorter attention spans of people in general mean that a stage show in a theme park is going to become a relic of the past at some point.

I think if you can really wow people like Festival of the Lion King or Nemo the Musical do, they work. Which is why I think a HTTYD arena show would be the only live action show I'd spend money on, if I was them

I think if you can really wow people like Festival of the Lion King or Nemo the Musical do, they work. Which is why I think a HTTYD arena show would be the only live action show I'd spend money on, if I was them
Absolutely, but that also means committing to a big budget spectacle. You can't cut corners and cheap out on talent or content. Unfortunately most parks cheap out on shows...

Reactions: |Q|
Absolutely, but that also means committing to a big budget spectacle. You can't cut corners and cheap out on talent or content. Unfortunately most parks cheap out on shows...

Maybe. But I think the HTTYD theater show is no longer touring. Considering Uni's new relationship with CreatureTech, I figure they can buy the puppets/AAs from that if they're still around.

Grinchmas. It's only seasonal BUT it's a really excellent production, and even though I went during the very slow crowd weeks of early December, every show I went to (4 in total) were filled to capacity. And that's staged in a soundstage that's not located on the normal visitor walkways.

Reactions: Andysol
Trust me, it's more difficult to gather a crowd (even when it's hot) to stop them on their way to their next ride than trapping them in a theater (with nice seats and air conditioning).
I hope Universal will add theater shows. They are successful with the street shows and some of the theatrical productions.

Reactions: natespf
For reference, trying to think of the recent stage shows at Universal Orlando:

Universal Studios
Wild West Stunt Show - Closed
Fear Factor Live - Should be Closed and Demolished
Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue - Closed and Demolished for Fast and the Furious
T2-3D - Closed but being Transformed into Jason Bourne?
Animal Actors Live - Still Operating
A Day in the Park with Barney - Still Operating...KidZone will Never Die
Blues Brothers - Street Show?
Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees - Street Show?

Islands of Adventure
Sinbad - Closed
Toon Lagoon Theater - Never Used
Poseidon's Fury?
Frog Choir - Street Show?

I did not include parades or nighttime shows.

Universal Studios

Islands of Adventure
Sinbad - Closed
Poseidon's Fury?

Missed a bunch of USO street shows:
Ricky Ricardo Orchestra - not sure if still around
Flying Fish Market - closed
Beat Builders - possibly closed
Sing It - almost certainly closed
Food Truck Wrappers - moved to Springs
Marilyn show - ongoing

It's not for lack of trying. These things are just hard to make work.

Marilyn show - ongoing

Last time I was there two months ago both beat builders and sing it were going.

Marilyn show - ongoing

An orchestra, Studio Brass Band, though not called Ricky Ricardo anymore, still plays in front of Hello Kitty and Mels. Beat Builders was still there when I went in December. A new Sing It is still there, but it's rap type music now.

Universal Studios

Islands of Adventure
Sinbad - Closed
Poseidon's Fury?

Toon Lagoon Theater was used for the Cartoon Cirus show when the park opened (it was awful) and has been used seasonally for stunt shows.

Islands of Adventure
Sinbad - Closed
Poseidon's Fury?

Toon Lagoon Theater opened with "Pandemonium Cartoon Circus" that ran for about 2 years. After that, Matt Hoffman's BMX show ran during the summer for about seven years (I think). It's also used for cheer competitions and has had a couple of TV shows filmed there. It was used a good bit. Just not well.

You ALSO forgot the Triwizard whatever, where Durmstrang and Beaubattons perform in front of Hogwarts.

I wish Uni would get a Cirque Du Soleil show, but would that not happen since Disney is getting a new one.
I would even go so far as to have a show like "O" with the pool. I love Cirque shows i believe I have seen a lot of them. Uni creative and a Cirque show would be nice especially near the OCCC you could draw those convention people in instead of them going to Disney Springs and that could draw $$$$ to the CW2.0.
Since this Blue Sky and I have seen a lot of people want classic Uni stuff, why not do a theme restaurant and you could sit in the BttF, Jaws, Disaster, Twister themed areas.....eat dinner in a movie area, hell they could even do special character dining upcharge for the place

I’m curious as to how Universal guests will access the fourth gate without having to drive from the current Universal Orlando resort property over to the new property. I wish their was a monorail line service but will never happen. Maybe something they can think about once the expansion is all finished at the new property around the late 2020’s.

I’m curious as to how Universal guests will access the fourth gate without having to drive from the current Universal Orlando resort property over to the new property. I wish their was a monorail line service but will never happen. Maybe something they can think about once the expansion is all finished at the new property around the late 2020’s.
Buses for now. Dedicated 'bus lanes' after the new park opens. After that, who knows.

Reactions: natespf and Alicia
Something I keep in mind, is that the bus trip between resorts will be only a few minutes. With the dedicated bus lane, it should be faster to travel by bus between the two Universal properties than between any two WDW parks.

Soooo, I don't think they need anything else to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.