Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 465 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do want to point out that if this is to be one of the biggest Universal parks ever built...then this park probably will have so many expansion pads as its like this will become the flagship park. It may start out with 4 worlds doesn't mean after ten years after opening there will only be 4 worlds.

I guess the idea of adding a DC universe to the fourth gate sounds bad but Universal could really do something special if they worked out a deal with WB. I just don’t think the theming Six Flags does with DC isn’t really all too impressive. No offense to SF parks. The DC cinematic universe is kind of in a tough spot film wise too. But aquaman was amazing. Just think if Uni could make multiple worlds on different superheroes. Just a Dream I guess.

I do want to point out that if this is to be one of the biggest Universal parks ever built...then this park probably will have so many expansion pads as its like this will become the flagship park. It may start out with 4 worlds doesn't mean after ten years after opening there will only be 4 worlds.
So your saying Universal has room to expand to more than 4 worlds after the park opens but later in like 10 or 15 years like your saying?

A Fantastic Beasts land, much less a sizable one at that, just seems crazy to me. No one loves these movies, most people are either indifferent or actively dislike them. I do not believe there is some massive audience excited to step into the world of these films, as much as Universal wishes it were to be so Fantastic Beasts is not Harry Potter.

Even if the Fantastic Beasts franchise fails, this land will still have as much impact as an original land. Not to mention some of Universal's greatest attractions (WaterWorld, Michael Bay's Transformers, MSHI at the time) were based on failed franchises.

Reactions: truejonas
Yes obviously WB is panicking that one of the three legs they have built they're next decade on is proving to be so unstable, and DC is only now starting to find it footing, so lets hope for their sake that those LEGO movies keep doing well. But on Universal's side I'm picturing the Fantastic Worlds commercials/billboards... Mario, A Trained Dragon, Dracula, and Newt Scamander, it just seems off.

And I really wish Ministry of Magic was replacing Fear Factor instead, I'm sure what ever Universal comes up with will be neat, but it will be tough to be as pumped to go on a Ministry ride that doesn't feature Dolores Umbridge, Lucius Malfoy, or Arthur Weasely. You could make, say, a Fantastic Beasts-era Gringotts Ride but people wouldn't like it as much as the one we have now because it wouldn't have the characters we love.

Again I'm not doubting Universal's ability to make great attractions and beautiful lands and I am really interested to see what they do with a new park, but in this particular case it's difficult to be excited ahead of time when they are about not just a property you don't like, but a twisted and ruined version of a property you adore.

I agree. FB MoM won't be the same for me. If the MoM "ride" took place around the Hall of Prophecy/VoldemortVDumbledore scenario, THAT would be an awesome experience.

If the MoM is what goes into FB instead of something like a journey through Newt's suitcase it would be extremely disappointing.

I agree. FB MoM won't be the same for me. If the MoM "ride" took place around the Hall of Prophecy/VoldemortVDumbledore scenario, THAT would be an awesome experience.

If the MoM is what goes into FB instead of something like a journey through Newt's suitcase it would be extremely disappointing.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get two rides in this land. So you won't have to worry about that, most likely.

Fantastic Beasts is a hell of a successful failure if thats the category its in now. The land will be a big success no matter what they do with it. And if they feel FB doesnt hold the same value at that time they can always label it simply as a Wizarding World with the Ministry and facades from any setting they like such as 1920's new york or similar as a backdrop setting. That way they can even have attractions that relate to either Beasts or the original Potter series, or both.

Even if the Fantastic Beasts franchise fails, this land will still have as much impact as an original land. Not to mention some of Universal's greatest attractions (WaterWorld, Michael Bay's Transformers, MSHI at the time) were based on failed franchises.

I'd wouldn't call Bay's Transformers films a failed franchise. The first 4 films did huge box office. The last two have tapered off which seems to indicate that the Franchise has run its course and interest has faded.

But the attraction came out at a time when the movies were doing over a billion globally.

There will be multiple rides in the lands

I'm definitely guessing there will substantial expansion pads by DreamWorks and Nintendo, at the very least
In the past they’ve only built parks with expansion plots for rides. In case another Potter-like opportunity comes along, this time they’re setting aside expansion “worlds”. So, more like Epcot’s World Showcase with nations all separated by an empty plot big enough for more nations in between.

This way, they won’t have to close or retheme lands, just to add another land later on. A first for UO for sure.

In the past they’ve only built parks with expansion plots for rides. In case another Potter-like opportunity comes along, this time they’re setting aside expansion “worlds”. So, more like Epcot’s World Showcase with nations all separated by an empty plot big enough for more nations in between.

This way, they won’t have to close or retheme lands, just to add another land later on. A first for UO for sure.
Could we also read in this as, that what they are building is going to be build for a longer time than they did before. So the write-off time is longer and the expanses for that ride/land/world is higher but they expect it to stay long?

Could we also read in this as, that what they are building is going to be build for a longer time than they did before. So the write-off time is longer and the expanses for that ride/land/world is higher but they expect it to stay long?
I think they just want to make sure when they either product a new hit film, or get the rights to something big (like Potter, Nintendo, etc) that they can start on an expansion immediately, without tearing something down first. They're looking ahead to the future.

I'm thinking they could also break things down to "Lands within Worlds". For Super Nintendo World, They could start with essentially separate Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong Country lands possibly. Each within the "world" but separate immersive "lands" since the aesthetics are completely different. Then potentially expand to add Hyrule and Pokemon "lands".

Perhaps Dreamworks could be the same. The aesthetics of HTTYD, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda "lands" could all be different, but all encased within the Dreamworks "World"

Just throwing it out there.

I'm thinking they could also break things down to "Lands within Worlds". For Super Nintendo World, They could start with essentially separate Mushroom Kingdom and Donkey Kong Country lands possibly. Each within the "world" but separate immersive "lands" since the aesthetics are completely different. Then potentially expand to add Hyrule and Pokemon "lands".

Perhaps Dreamworks could be the same. The aesthetics of HTTYD, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda "lands" could all be different, but all encased within the Dreamworks "World"

Just throwing it out there.

Yea, that's exactly how it's going to be done. I don't think they'll market it that way, but that's how it will work, generally

Trust me, nothing about this park will be cheap. Including the ticket prices.

Hmm, I hope I'll be able to purchase park tickets through my rewards program, Air Miles (in Canada). Saves a lot of money when not having to fork out the cash for 3 people going to the parks! And don't even get me started on the exchange rate!

Just adding, will they likely change the tickets to 4-park, park to park?

If this parks has lands with SNW, How To Train Your Dragon, Shrek, Trolls, KFP, and Classic Monsters and you’re disappointed then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s a strong line up with a ton of theming elements and opportunity for great ride ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.