Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm real curious to A) see the pricing for a day pass and B) see how the handle APs. I'm guessing they'll branch out and have three levels now, or just grandfather in the 2-Park and 3-Park passes into out current bracket.

As a whole, I'm cool with paying more to get more. Unless it's $200 a year more, and then I start to flake. An extra $100 wouldn't be unreasonable in my book.

My guess is new APs will be either 3 park (USF, IOA, FW) or 4 parks (add in VB)

I'm real curious to A) see the pricing for a day pass and B) see how the handle APs. I'm guessing they'll branch out and have three levels now, or just grandfather in the 2-Park and 3-Park passes into out current bracket.

As a whole, I'm cool with paying more to get more. Unless it's $200 a year more, and then I start to flake. An extra $100 wouldn't be unreasonable in my book.

I'm guessing that the day passes will start at $120.

I’m hoping that Universal thinks about adding 1 or 2 more worlds again I want it to be as big as IOA and USF or bigger. I hope FW will be as big as Cedar Point in size. It’s a longshot but again we all don’t know what’s coming this is speculation talk not official talk.

I’m hoping that Universal thinks about adding 1 or 2 more worlds again I want it to be as big as IOA and USF or bigger. I hope FW will be as big as Cedar Point in size. It’s a longshot but again we all don’t know what’s coming this is speculation talk not official talk.

FW will be as big as IoA and USF. It will be in no way, shape, or form as big as Cedar Point

4 Worlds does not mean it's smaller than 6 Islands or 5 Cities, a zone and a showcase... Quantity means nothing if you switch to an unknown unit of measure. All we have now is a footprint and it's enough for a good sized themepark. Obviously included in there is service areas and spaces for expansions, but Universal is not looking to disappoint here.

Yeah im okay with 4 lands

Ninendo

MK
Yoshi
Dk coaster
tons of other stuff

Dreamworks
Kong Fu Panda beatiful Vietnam area with tasty noodles.
HTTYD flying dark ride thingy
Shrek castle thingy with swamp boat ride
tons of other stuff

Monsterverse
classic monsters
Dracula castle with tower of terror dark ride type thingy
creature from black lagoon boat ride
frankenstein horror make up type show

a fourth land???

nah im okay with those 3 actually. fourth land can be whatever im already gonna pay 130 to get into this park

I think it's all marketing speak that will confuse everyone no matter what.

But the park is going to be good, so whatever

Worst case scenario, If they're putting a ton of rides into a world, the public could be expecting the worlds to be a single park and thinking that the park name is a full resort consisting of 4 parks but whatever, that's on them and not Universal.

I would think the general public will just look at the park as a single entity. Amount of worlds, lands, whatever is secondary to them. Certain IP's will draw more attention than others but number of sections of the park, 4, 5 or 6, is not of paramount importance.

I would think the general public will just look at the park as a single entity. Amount of worlds, lands, whatever is secondary to them. Certain IP's will draw more attention than others but number of sections of the park, 4, 5 or 6, is not of paramount importance.

I agree. Number of total attractions in the park in general is more important of a value consideration people will look at as opposed to number of lands.

I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head how many "lands" USF has, but I know every attraction it has.

I agree. Number of total attractions in the park in general is more important of a value consideration people will look at as opposed to number of lands.

I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head how many "lands" USF has, but I know every attraction it has.

The only risk I see with fewer lands is how people react to them. If somebody doesn’t like Nintendo, DreamWorks or Monsters, they might not have any desire to visit.

I think Nintendo and DreamWorks will please everybody regardless of their views on the IPs but you need to get people through the gate.

I can see a generation of people of older folks who might be put off by the selection even if they’ll have a great time.

I’d rather not see most of the fourth gate park being just focused on Nintendo I love video games and want them to come to life in theme park form. I just want their to be a variety of worlds. That’s just me. To it it will be a shame just seeing 4 worlds. I’m not saying I am already saying that The 4th Universal Gate will be a shame. But I want to see more Universal based properties in this park. Universal get back to its roots.

I’d rather not see most of the fourth gate park being just focused on Nintendo I love video games and want them to come to life in theme park form. I just want their to be a variety of worlds. That’s just me. To it it will be a shame just seeing 4 worlds. I’m not saying I am already saying that The 4th Universal Gate will be a shame. But I want to see more Universal based properties in this park. Universal get back to its roots.

The park will not be focused on Nintendo. Literally half of it will be Universal properties.

The park will not be focused on Nintendo. Literally half of it will be Universal properties.
Good that’s what I want I mean we haven’t been hearing much from Universal monsters being a front runner like Nintendo and dreamworks though. I just miss the whole Universal Studios feel like it was in the 90’s when their properties focused on Universal Films. I know Universal doesn’t have a massive film library so their’s really not much they can do with expanding their studio presence at a fourth gate. I think classic Monsters would be good step in the right direction to get Universal back to being just Universal and how great they are at making their movies into rides again. I think once Potter came to USF and IOA people felt that Universal was distancing theirselves away from their own in house properties. But then came F&F Supercharged which was a huge blow it could’ve been better the only plus to that attraction was no glasses required. I mean Universal does have other films like Pitch Perfect, Mamma Mia, Jason Bourne which is going in USF most likely. Besides Universal owned IP’s I still am sad lord of the rings and Star Trek aren’t coming those 2 would definitely draw in a lot of crowds. I hope seeing them at a fifth park is still a possibility later much later.

Good that’s what I want I mean we haven’t been hearing much from Universal monsters being a front runner like Nintendo and dreamworks though. I just miss the whole Universal Studios feel like it was in the 90’s when their properties focused on Universal Films. I know Universal doesn’t have a massive film library so their’s really not much they can do with expanding their studio presence at a fourth gate. I think classic Monsters would be good step in the right direction to get Universal back to being just Universal and how great they are at making their movies into rides again. I think once Potter came to USF and IOA people felt that Universal was distancing theirselves away from their own in house properties. But then came F&F Supercharged which was a huge blow it could’ve been better the only plus to that attraction was no glasses required. I mean Universal does have other films like Pitch Perfect, Mamma Mia, Jason Bourne which is going in USF most likely. Besides Universal owned IP’s I still am sad lord of the rings and Star Trek aren’t coming those 2 would definitely draw in a lot of crowds. I hope seeing them at a fifth park is still a possibility later much later.

I mean, keep in mind, DreamWorks IS Universal now. I included that as a Universal property

Status
Not open for further replies.