Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn’t DL just recently introduce paid FastPasses you can book ahead of time? Max Pass I think it’s called?

Unless they’ve changed how they work, that’s not correct.

I used MaxPass when I visited in 2017. It allows you to book a FP from your phone but it only activated once you’ve entered the park.
The advantage is that you don’t need to be at the ride entrance or a terminal and you can’t book it 60 days in advance like WDW which creates a much fairer system.

This system works great for DL that has more AP visitors than tourists and probably wouldn’t work as well in WDW.

Unless they’ve changed how they work, that’s not correct.

I used MaxPass when I visited in 2017. It allows you to book a FP from your phone but it only activated once you’ve entered the park.
The advantage is that you don’t need to be at the ride entrance or a terminal and you can’t book it 60 days in advance like WDW which creates a much fairer system.

This system works great for DL that has more AP visitors than tourists and probably wouldn’t work as well in WDW.
Either way it doesn’t really change anything. It’s the same pool of FastPasses whether they’re booked early or not. Both parks will be slammed.

Reactions: twebber55
Either way it doesn’t really change anything. It’s the same pool of FastPasses whether they’re booked early or not. Both parks will be slammed.

The only real difference is that I’m sure more people will use their FP in DL if they’re already in the park.

I mean who is going to ride Star Tours once this opens? It’s like a straight to video version at that point.

I really like Star Tours. It's a fun ride, still feels fresh to me, and I love the randomization. And the interior queue areas are still great too.

Obviously the upgrade helped massively but considering it's age, it still feels fresh like you said.

I’ve heard about this randomization, but it seems like every time I ride it it’s Finn going to Jar Jars world and that’s it.

I get that a lot as well but when you get a full ride out of mostly new content, it really catches you off guard.

With the rumors of this opening a bit earlier than anticipated, I decided to take a gamble. So I just booked Disney on site hotel , which I'll split with Universal on site hotel, for mid/late November (before Thanksgiving rush) . Once word gets out of an Oct./Nov. (?) possible opening, rooms will disappear fast. Even if it doesn't get open by then, I figure I'll still have Mickey & Minnie, Disney Christmas stuff that I've never experienced before (except for Mickey's Xmas party), more time at Pandora, and the Potter coaster at Universal. So, what the hell, it's still a win win trip even if I miss GESWL. And, if it is open, it'll be a grand slam vacation....The power of watching Rogue and Star Wars back to back last night was too strong for me to resist 'The Force'. :):thumbsup:

With the rumors of this opening a bit earlier than anticipated, I decided to take a gamble. So I just booked Disney on site hotel , which I'll split with Universal on site hotel, for mid/late November (before Thanksgiving rush) . Once word gets out of an Oct./Nov. (?) possible opening, rooms will disappear fast. Even if it doesn't get open by then, I figure I'll still have Mickey & Minnie, Disney Christmas stuff that I've never experienced before (except for Mickey's Xmas party), more time at Pandora, and the Potter coaster at Universal. So, what the hell, it's still a win win trip even if I miss GESWL. And, if it is open, it'll be a grand slam vacation....The power of watching Rogue and Star Wars back to back last night was too strong for me to resist 'The Force'. :):thumbsup:
Good luck!

Worst case scenario, you'll get to enjoy Minnie and Mickey. What hotel did you go for?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Worst case scenario, you'll get to enjoy Minnie and Mickey. What hotel did you go for?
I didn't want to splurge too much. That'll be the second vacation of 2019 in Orlando and I've already booked a suite at Royal Pacific for the May vacation. The price of Disney hotels has really gone through the roof the past few years. Usually we stay at Caribbean Beach, but I don't like the vibe with Riveria there now. It kind of ruins the Island ambiance that we loved before. So we opted for Art of Animation Little Mermaid right down the street. The hotel's basically new and I like the theming. And the price wasn't bad, but still 60 day fastpass which will be the key.

No, it means you can show up to DL any weekday during school, and be at the park at opening, run back, and get on one of the SW rides with a short wait, while getting a FP for the other via MaxxPass in the queue.

That will be impossible at WDW.

Reactions: Scott W.
With Galaxy's Edge all being about Sequel Trilogy stuff, Star Tours will still be a place for Original Trilogy (and Prequel Trilogy, I guess) fans to get a bit of that fix. Even though the ride has changed since the original iteration, it still holds a lot of nostalgia for me.

And C-3PO is with you on the ride! That's still a really cool touch that neither of the upcoming Galaxy's Edge rides will replicate (read: a beloved character actually on the adventure with you).

Anecdotal evidence of talking to some people that SWGE news on blogs and websites is trafficking way higher than other content. So take that for what it's worth.

What a damn shame. Considering California is the craft beer capital of America, it would make too much sense for DL GE to get their beer from a CA brewery instead of a nasty Florida one.

DEMS FIGHTIN WORDS

With Galaxy's Edge all being about Sequel Trilogy stuff, Star Tours will still be a place for Original Trilogy (and Prequel Trilogy, I guess) fans to get a bit of that fix. Even though the ride has changed since the original iteration, it still holds a lot of nostalgia for me.

And C-3PO is with you on the ride! That's still a really cool touch that neither of the upcoming Galaxy's Edge rides will replicate (read: a beloved character actually on the adventure with you).
I've always liked Star Tours II and ride it repeatedly due to the radomization, which was a great idea. We were fortunate to be one of the first few people that got to ride it during it's first public soft opening.....That was an interesting time. When it had it's official grand opening a week later, Disney had special shaded queues winding up and down the entire Streets of America, expecting huge crowds. That crowd didn't happen. No one was in those extended queues. We actually got in the standby queue and only waited about 30 minutes to get on the ride.

I didn't want to splurge too much. That'll be the second vacation of 2019 in Orlando and I've already booked a suite at Royal Pacific for the May vacation. The price of Disney hotels has really gone through the roof the past few years. Usually we stay at Caribbean Beach, but I don't like the vibe with Riveria there now. It kind of ruins the Island ambiance that we loved before. So we opted for Art of Animation Little Mermaid right down the street. The hotel's basically new and I like the theming. And the price wasn't bad, but still 60 day fastpass which will be the key.

Great choice. I really enjoyed Pop Century and they’re pretty much the same hotel.

You get all the Disney benefits plus you’ll have easy access to the Skyliner and you’re on the edge of the Disney bubble.

How long you going for?

Reactions: Mad Dog

But, Hondo Ohnoaka! He's huge amongst the hardcore literary canon book readers. They number in the hundreds of thousands! They'll have tears in their eyes finally seeing the briefly mentioned Black Spire Outpost in real life.

The rest of us will go, "cool rock work for this generic spaceport never used in the movies", where are the rides? Where are Luke, and Leia? Oh, not here, that blows... AWESOME, there's the Falcon, can I get a photo op with Han? No? Oh, ummm. Oh, cool, Kylo Ren. Sure wish there was a Vader AA,, that would be a dream come true. Oh well, lets go to the Cantina for a drink. Wait, it's a two hour wait to get in, and it's not THE Cantina? Oh, hey, Matterhorn..."

Reactions: Disneyhead