The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But what’s the actual ride? Loved the new Jumanji, but it’s just a generic action/humor movie. Not much of an attraction there.

Jumanji could serve well as a Dinosaur/Indy type Jeep ride, IMO.
I like it... the movie did well, it's getting another installment (apparently being released later this year), and it's a ride type that is sort of missing from Universal Orlando right now.

What if LC were to be rethemed as a 'lost temple' based video game land? Jumanji is a movie but the story is about a fictional video game. Universal could also include Zelda (rumored to replace Sindbad eventually) in the same area while keeping the theming of the area cohesive. This would allow Universal to retheme the entire land while not banking on a single franchise for it to be successful.
(There's some potential with Tomb Raider being included in this concept as well (movie produced by Warner Bros, who has been a business partner to Universal for their theme parks).... though not sure if it's popular enough.)

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
Tomb Raider Or Jumanji to replace Lost Continent what sounds better?
I guess my point is that they could all fit into the same land and still have the theming make sense... temple based video game IPs: Tomb Raider, Zelda, Jumanji... three totally different IPs (and potential ride concepts) under one unified themed land. Main reason I'm suggesting this is because honestly, I don't really foresee Zelda (the biggest rumor to replace LC) getting the entire land to itself. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I guess my point is that they could all fit into the same land and still have the theming make sense... temple based video game IPs: Tomb Raider, Zelda, Jumanji... three totally different IPs (and potential ride concepts) under one unified themed land. Main reason I'm suggesting this is because honestly, I don't really foresee Zelda (the biggest rumor to replace LC) getting the entire land to itself. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Depending on what was done with it, Poseidon's Fury could be rethemed into a cool Tomb Raider-style attraction. I don't know if they'd have us going after Lara or if she would be our guide though. Probably going after her. Musion effects might be just fine in the end fight scene. I know they've gotten a lot more advanced.

It has already been shoved out of the spotlight and downsized thanks to Potter. How much longer is it going to last?!
The Lost Continent is the only land in the park that doesn't have a huge trademark. Sure, it was lovely. But the "new" Lost Continent is not much to be proud of.

My grim question to you all is simple: When, if, and what do you think is going to happen to this themed area in the future?
Nothing yet, maybe a couple more years.......

Zelda isn’t off the table. They’re just not rushing into things right now for additional Nintendo properties until after the first land opens (at least in Japan).
To add on, Zelda was never rumored to be coming soon. The rumored plan was to keep Sindbad closed for a while without any movement. It's possible that only Pokemon was delayed or cancelled.

In addition, we have no confirmation as to why the rumored Pokemon was rumored to be delayed or cancelled. It could be that they decided on a different attraction for USF first... Or some other reason entirely.
None of those work in a theme park.
Both (Mortal Kombat and Assassin's Creed) could easily be stunt shows. Assassin's Creed might actually fit in LC. Though I still doubt it would happen... Mostly because Assassin's Creed lacks name recognition.

Reactions: truejonas