Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Breaking news for future speculation (probably for HHN30 and beyond)...Blumhouse is taking over the Universal Monsters franchise.

Looks like the Dark Universe is officially dead now, and in (potentially) better hands.

Blumhouse Reviving Universal Monsters Starting with Leigh Whannell's 'The Invisible Man' - Bloody Disgusting
There is a good chance they'll do something right with it! Better than the horrid Tom Cruiseification for sure, I'd imagine.

Edit- also happy to see John Depp is out too. I'm sure he would have insisted on a series of weird hats and it would have just become "Floating" Dumb Hats: The Movie

Last edited:
Breaking news for future speculation (probably for HHN30 and beyond)...Blumhouse is taking over the Universal Monsters franchise.

Looks like the Dark Universe is officially dead now, and in (potentially) better hands.

Blumhouse Reviving Universal Monsters Starting with Leigh Whannell's 'The Invisible Man' - Bloody Disgusting

I would never say that Blumhouse walks on water, but they definitely know how to make the most out of their money. Obviously, a good director is necessary, but having a production company that knows what it's doing is invaluable.

Just adding a couple more random Hill House codename connections...

Drill - I know nothing of construction but I just found out a drill crane (Crain) is a thing! And the ginormous ones are spirally like their staircase.

Onyx - the kids had a cat named Jasper, both are from the same family of gemstones

Also do we know just how much of Sabrina WB owns? Like would Netflix have any pull whatsoever with that one or no??

So hollywood is rumored to get pink floyds the wall. Is it possible we'll get it as a house to?
I mean, it could just be me having not seen the movie in few years, but I don't think there's enough scary imagery and scenes that could translate well for a house. I remember a few notable scenes, but not enough for a house.

Of course, they could also do something completely original while using the album as inspiration.

I mean, that new Detective Pikachu movie is pretty nightmarish looking.

I'm ready for it though. Ryan Reynolds alone is worth the admission price. (Except I'm AMC A-List, so I have nothing to lose except my own time.)

I feel like we need some locations to pair with these code names...whenever @Legacy and @OrlandoVillian are ready to take pity on us...

Does anyone know when the update will come that Sunshine Frights talked about?
So it's nothing exciting... it was just an update to say there's shirts from HHN28 you can still buy.
"Did you miss out on getting a #HorrorInk shirt from #HHN28? Well you can now purchase these two shirts in the MIB gift shop."

Pretty disappointed that's all it was, he really made it seem important.