Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 449 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've heard they went way over budget on fake moss and they're pulling out from doing anymore theming. What's done now is what we get, they're just going to finish the coaster and make sure it's safe.

I kid, I kid. But there were a few comments about how Disney wouldn't do that or how this ruins the whole ride. Aside from those it's okay to have an opinion either way. I've got to see it. But at the end of the day it's always had exposed tracks.

screenshot-2019-01-31-22-35-06.png

The Spike feature is pretty much on "the way out the door" as construction sites go. It's possible the last touches will be done in that area. Just sayin...

Reactions: natespf
My issue is the immediate jump to “GOD EMPORER DISNEY WOULD NEVER DO THIS!”

And then I look at Expedition Everest, whose second half is 99% unthemed helixes in a field, Slinky Dog JUST opened, etc and I just have to throw my hands up
Even worse, EE never bothered to seal the building from light. So daytime, light leaks in and you can see its just a box with girders and tracks (shades of the old Matterhorn!)

Reactions: tielo
Not surprised about the spike enclosure at all. From the last set of aerials I just couldnt see exactly how or where it would go up. Hopefully some dense tree cover all around it will be enough. Hopefully when i ride it the florida sun wont blind me for the rest of the ride either.

Well, the "spike debate" was interesting.

I think it's a good example of how isolated opinions on here can be from the real world. I'm willing to bet that 99.99999999% of people attending the park either have no clue there could have been covering or just don't care because the ride will be a lot of fun.

It's certainly fine to be disappointed that it won't be covered but outside of these forums I think it will be completely irrelevant.

Well, the "spike debate" was interesting.

I think it's a good example of how isolated opinions on here can be from the real world. I'm willing to bet that 99.99999999% of people attending the park either have no clue there could have been covering or just don't care because the ride will be a lot of fun.

It's certainly fine to be disappointed that it won't be covered but outside of these forums I think it will be completely irrelevant.

Agreed. Unless you're on a forum reading about this, you will have no idea on whether or not the ride was plussed or had cuts. Again, I'm still excited about this ride. Launches, Hagrid's Hut, blasting through the Abbey, and winding through the woods seems to be about as good as it gets.

Reactions: belloq87
I agree (and VB is the best).

I don’t like the disney comparisons or the “disney wouldn’t have done this”. They do. They should all be criticized equally. I thought the changes to Toy story, namely the lack of enclosed M&G and toy store were beyond stupid. Absolutely changed the area.

My annoyance is always with the “suck it up” crowd and the mocking “welp, the ride is ruined now” people. It’s ok to be disappointed in something being cut.
But jumping to defend the cut is so laughable. The reactions of “well disney did this to xyz” or “who cares?” attitudes are obnoxious.
It’s ok to say, “ya, it sucks, but it’s still going to be a great ride” like some people say.

Universal isn’t your wife. You don’t need to defend her honor.
Universal is more like a hooker. She’ll take your money no matter how nice or rude you are to her.

I come here for fun. Ever since F&F, the site largely hasn't been fun. It's just been a constant gnashing of teeth. Exciting things get pages upon pages of complaints. Bad things get dozens of pages upon pages of complaints. I don't care about Universal. I care that this place has become a damn miserable place.

Imagine this. My first video describing the ride was uploaded June 1st of last year. I described the ride as best I could based on existing rumors and bits and pieces that were sent to me at the time.

I talked about the dark cave where we go up and fall back down. What did I not talk about? The gigantic abbey ruins. One minor detail no one thought to tell me about last summer. And boy were we all happy when we started to see it go up.

If the cave doesn't exist, but the abbey do, I take abbey. This ride has exceeded all my expectations of it so far, even with a minor cut like this.

Imagine this. My first video describing the ride was uploaded June 1st of last year. I described the ride as best I could based on existing rumors and bits and pieces that were sent to me at the time.

I talked about the dark cave where we go up and fall back down. What did I not talk about? The gigantic abbey ruins. One minor detail no one thought to tell me about last summer. And boy were we all happy when we started to see it go up.

If the cave doesn't exist, but the abbey do, I take abbey. This ride has exceeded all my expectations of it so far, even with a minor cut like this.

Cut or creative decision?....Regardless, it will still be a fun and unique element

While Nintendo makes me a hair nervous, because UC, while really good, has always had that "90% perfect" policy- this bullet point reassures us all that this ride will, in fact, be beyond our expectations.

• Our award-winning Universal Creative team is once again collaborating with Warner Bros. and the production design team from the Harry Potter films to bring this new coaster experience to life.

I said this when the ride was first announced- I’m incredibly excited and trust UC in this endeavor completely. Screens or otherwise. Only because everything UC, WBC and JKR have done in conjunction with each other has exceeded everyone’s expectations. So until they prove otherwise, they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt.

I said this a year ago, and how true it is.

What did I want? I wanted a black lake. I wanted a great hall. I wanted more shops and expanded hogsmeade, etc.
I wanted more than just one ride.

What did we get? Every inch of space being taken over by what could easily be the best coaster experience in the world.
When I said UC/WBC has done nothing but exceed our expectations with every project they've done, I meant it. This included. This is a better coaster on a grander scale than anyone originally thought. And it's not even close to finished.

Needless to say... I'm hyped.

From the jump, I knew it would surpass all of our expectations. WB/UC/JKR always has. Every single time. No one thought FJ would be as amazing as it was. Even after the leaks, No one thought Diagon would be at that level. This won’t be any different.
As amazing as you think it will be now, it’ll be even better after you ride it.

Little cuts like an enclosed spike may or may not make a difference. It would be cool to know and ride what it would’ve been vs what we get, but unfortunately we won’t get that. But I still think this will be the best coaster in the world, like I’ve said from day 1.

From the jump, I knew it would surpass all of our expectations. WB/UC/JKR always has. Every single time. No one thought FJ would be as amazing as it was. No one thought Diagon would be at that level. Even after all the leaks. This won’t be any different. As great as you think it will Be now, it’ll be even better after you ride it.

Little cuts like an enclosed spike may or may not make a difference. It would be cool to know and ride what it would’ve been vs what we get, but unfortunately we won’t get that. But I still think this will be the best coaster in the world, like I’ve said from day 1.
Tallest US slide, best dark ride, best coaster, best haunt, best sit down eats..... Man, I am never going to be able to get a room ressie....
Maybe I need to develop a liking for Star Wars :think:

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.