Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Injury on ET Adventure?

I heard this yesterday and I cannot even remotely confirm, their source might be the same as mine. Nothing is confirmed at this point. E.T. does remain closed this morning.

Please keep this thread factual and empathetic. We'll lock this thread and issue warnings for any inappropriate behavior.

I don't know what to make of this. If it's made up, it's oddly specific but if it is real, I'm amazed that it hasn't been confirmed yet and there's still a post on the UOAP FB page that has been up for over an hour.

Some people are saying that the ride is down for scheduled maintenance with signs up.

:shrug:

That was my thought. Especially if it happened yesterday.

To be fair, Disneyland had someone escape their seat on Space Mountain and it took 2 days for them to acknowledge it.

Considering the ride has been closed since yesterday afternoon and I see no scheduled refurbs for it, I think it’s at least *possible* this is true.

I hope it isn’t, but who knows.

I'm not sure this is even possible. They may say to keep hands and feet inside the rv to help avoid unforeseen issues but there's still a reasonable expectation of safety. I'll wait for more info, but that's very unfortunate if it did happen.

I'm not sure this is even possible. They may say to keep hands and feet inside the rv to help avoid unforeseen issues but there's still a reasonable expectation of safety. I'll wait for more info, but that's very unfortunate if it did happen.
I can't really remember coming close enough to any scene where you could reach it from the ride vehicle.

I can't really remember coming close enough to any scene where you could reach it from the ride vehicle.
The only thing I can think of is between the base of the ride vehicle and the loading platform. But I don't think someone could accidentally stick their foot down there while seated with the lap bar down. I may or may not be wrong though. Online there's reports of someone severely injuring their hand on the Japan version, but that was from the lap bar going down.

This might have been right at the very end as the car pulls into the unload...If someone were to put their foot out, it would certianly be hurt in the process

Otherwise, I can't think of anywhere else this could have happened

View attachment 8852

Universal have deleted any and all comments about the supposed incident.
That's... :think:

That implies it's bogus. They wouldn't want something so libelous out there if it's false.

They also wouldn't want to address if it's true, though. They would have to if it's true though. Unless they don't?

No confirmation at all makes me think it's not true.

But, a legitimate thought: What if it was a prosthetic?

That's... :think:

That implies it's bogus. They wouldn't want something so libelous out there if it's false.

They also wouldn't want to address if it's true, though. They would have to if it's true though. Unless they don't?

No confirmation at all makes me think it's not true.

But, a legitimate thought: What if it was a prosthetic?
Interesting thought.