Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I think a new film or story might solve some of the problems. If you are or aren't a fan of screens, Kong still has a better ride experience accompanied by the ride story. The film for F&F just looks like a dated video game with real people overlays. I understand they spent lots of time filming each scene, but it didn't translate well to the ride. I think using the same queue and adjusting the pre-show to a new story, they could come up with a better ride. With a franchise as big as F&F is for them, this ride fell flat.

Sooo...reading on Magic a few moments ago...earlier today Marni responded to a member's comments about F&F being a failure. Marni replies, "The Fast and Furious story may not be over yet". If I'm reading that right, it sure sounded to me like a hint that Universal 'might' be 'considering' some changes to the attraction. Not much to go on, but a little glimmer of hope....He also said there's still talk, but no approval yet, for SLOP at Orlando, and he mentioned the Bourne show, but no specifics.

Last edited:
Sooo...reading on Magic a few moments ago...earlier today Marni responded to a member's comments about F&F being a failure. Marni replies, "The Fast and Furious story may not be over yet". If I'm reading that right, it sure sounded to me like a hint that Universal 'might' be 'considering' some changes to the attraction. Not much to go on, but a little glimmer of hope....He also said there's still talk, but no approval yet, for SLOP at Orlando, and he mentioned the Bourne show, but no specifics.
Yes, maybe and uhuh.

I wonder if/when they redo the ride to make it more respectible, if they'll even announce it happening. I would think if only footage was going to change, they wouldn't even necessarily need to close the ride down - they could swap out the footage overnight.

I wonder if/when they redo the ride to make it more respectible, if they'll even announce it happening. I would think if only footage was going to change, they wouldn't even necessarily need to close the ride down - they could swap out the footage overnight.
Tear down the two preshows, expand the ride path, add more physical scenes to start the ride, put something at the end like Kong. If the 360 segment was icing on the cake after something else, the whole thing wouldn't be so terrible.

Tear down the two preshows, expand the ride path, add more physical scenes to start the ride, put something at the end like Kong. If the 360 segment was icing on the cake after something else, the whole thing wouldn't be so terrible.
Good points. The ride path effects and physical scene are really OK. Plusing at the beginning and a solid physical scene after the 360 room could move the ride experience up a notch or two. And, the ride might actually be better as a 3D attraction, which was it's original intent. It's so bad now that 3D would be a asset rather than a derogatory item. Guess the sticking point is if they want to spend the budget, and perhaps delay something else's refurb as compensate.

If they are considering doing a Jaws on this attraction, then I am VERY interested to see how that'd be done.

If they are considering doing a Jaws on this attraction, then I am VERY interested to see how that'd be done.
That redo info has been confirmed by another key Universal Insider, in addition to Marni & Alicia. Still up in the air, budget wise, according to him, whether it will happen. I have no idea if it is Jaws caliber though. I would guess something less drastic.

That redo info has been confirmed by another key Universal Insider, in addition to Marni & Alicia. Still up in the air, budget wise, whether it will happen. I have no idea if it is Jaw caliber though. I would guess something less drastic.

Honestly, I don't mind this if that's the direction going forward.

The first two scenes pre-Musion seem like great moments, that got soured from the Musion and 360 sequence.

I really hope this is happening, if only to make a better story and finale.

Unfortunately I think the F&F has missed the launch coaster ship.

The two biggest problems for this ride: it is not fast, and it is not furious. I don’t see any fix that keeps the current ride system in place solve those issues.

IMO keep everything intact, including the “going to a party” storyline. Replace the ride system with a dueling launched drag race coaster and fling people around in the dark with some lighting effects. End the ride with the party hologram scene before it gets busted, and exit through the gift shop/outdoor dance party stage. Pretty much a FnF Rock ‘n Rollercoaster.

The two biggest problems for this ride: it is not fast, and it is not furious. I don’t see any fix that keeps the current ride system in place solve those issues.

IMO keep everything intact, including the “going to a party” storyline. Replace the ride system with a dueling launched drag race coaster and fling people around in the dark with some lighting effects. End the ride with the party hologram scene before it gets busted, and exit through the gift shop/outdoor dance party stage. Pretty much a FnF Rock ‘n Rollercoaster.

Honestly, if they wanted to keep the simulator aspect..redoing the ride from scratch (outside of queue and gift shop), and doing a Spiderman/Transformers in tech would ironically be a option.

Simulate the speeds of a high speed LA chase, trying to stop Owen Shaw. One of TF's greatest strengths IMO, is the sense of speed. If they can use that to their advantage with the F&F IP, I wouldn't mind that option.

Honestly they could keep the existing section, just change the vehicles to more like actually cars, but have a portion that goes outdoors (over the TM lot) and back in. The ride as it stands now feels like a series of pre shows that just abruptly ends before the main event.

Change the ride system to something like test track, redo/remove musion scene, change the 360 scene to actually take place at nighttime and right as you enter the warehouse or whatever after doing the bridge jump you are suddenly launched outside into a test-track finale like section

I doubt it would be anything drastic like changing the ride vehicle system. Probably don't want a budget that's in the vicinity of a new ride cost. I'm guessing more tweeking than anything.