Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 392 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's for sure real....RRR was rumored to have some tie in as well, but it was pure fan speculation and nothing official...I believe BTTF to F&F was a real concept

Yes, and it was the most dramatic replacement of a classic since Kongfrontation...So people flipped their *word removed by Joe*

Very dramatic replacement. There was much flipping of *word removed by Joe*.

Here’s how it should’ve happened.

The ride would reuse the Earthquake/Disaster set. The deteriorating parts would be upgraded with newer sets, pyrotechnics, and animatronics.
The former subway station would be rethemed to a parking garage. Riders enter various muscle and sports cars, each complete with their own unique soundtrack, lighting, and visual package. The ride would start off mildly tame, til a giant Semi is hurling towards you, threatening to destroy everyone that devours it. The vehicles speed up to escape the garage, which has been taken hostage by Hobbs. With another vehicle blocking the way and simulated gunfire, riders suddenly accelerate past the chaos and off to the races, which lasts for a long duration. Riders cross the finish line, complete with Team Members waving checkered flags to congratulate and welcome the guests back to safety.

The ride would include moving props and sets, flamethrowers, water and heat, and fog and lighting.

The ride would be marketed as
50% thrill, 50% classic Universal.

Reactions: SkiBum
Here’s how it should’ve happened.

The ride would reuse the Earthquake/Disaster set. The deteriorating parts would be upgraded with newer sets, pyrotechnics, and animatronics.
The former subway station would be rethemed to a parking garage. Riders enter various muscle and sports cars, each complete with their own unique soundtrack, lighting, and visual package. The ride would start off mildly tame, til a giant Semi is hurling towards you, threatening to destroy everyone that devours it. The vehicles speed up to escape the garage, which has been taken hostage by Hobbs. With another vehicle blocking the way and simulated gunfire, riders suddenly accelerate past the chaos and off to the races, which lasts for a long duration. Riders cross the finish line, complete with Team Members waving checkered flags to congratulate and welcome the guests back to safety.

The ride would include moving props and sets, flamethrowers, water and heat, and fog and lighting.

The ride would be marketed as
50% thrill, 50% classic Universal.

This would have been more exciting for sure. The plot boarders along Fallon though (although Fallon would have been considered the knock off F&F, even if it opened earlier)

Reactions: tankart150
Has the quiz section of the app for this ride ever worked? It seems like there is meant to be some kind of feature that allows riders to compete and for their scores to be displayed on screens in the queue but I've never seen it working.

Reactions: tankart150
Has the quiz section of the app for this ride ever worked? It seems like there is meant to be some kind of feature that allows riders to compete and for their scores to be displayed on screens in the queue but I've never seen it working.
Yea the monitor in the turn around hall and ramp after the two preshows shows a high score board. It shows the QR code advert to play the app and the scoreboard in rotation. The most names I ever saw in the top 20 players was two.

If this has already been asked and answered, sorry for asking again. Has Universal ever closed and replaced a new ride based upon reception. I know a lot went into this ride, but the general public's reactions seem quite negative. Would it be possible to take a loss on the ride in its current form and change it? I know it probably is still busy during the higher attendances, because people just want to ride the F&F ride.

If this has already been asked and answered, sorry for asking again. Has Universal ever closed and replaced a new ride based upon reception. I know a lot went into this ride, but the general public reactions seem quite negative. Would it be possible to take a loss on the ride in its current form and change it? I know it probably is still busy during the higher attendances, because people just want to ride the F&F ride.

The only ride in Orlando to have had a change because of poor reception was Journey into Your Imagination, which only changed show scenes. Stitch was getting close but then somehow the guest approval ratings turned around and nothing was done about it. Scrapping F&F completely would be unprecedented but not impossible.

If this has already been asked and answered, sorry for asking again. Has Universal ever closed and replaced a new ride based upon reception. I know a lot went into this ride, but the general public's reactions seem quite negative. Would it be possible to take a loss on the ride in its current form and change it? I know it probably is still busy during the higher attendances, because people just want to ride the F&F ride.

The one attraction that closed very shortly after opening would be the boats in IOA's lagoon. But not because of reception.

Thanks for the responses. I was just surprised with the amount of money the movies bring at the box office, this is what they created. I know it's not completely terrible, but its not my favorite ride either.

I could see them cost cutting and eliminating the talking TM's from the two pre shows, and just letting the film run in a loop for those pre shows. Perhaps if they do a new 360 film for Beijing, they'll use that here too. The very poor technically amateurish 360 film is the worst part of the attraction. The two traveling scenes are actually OK.

The only ride in Orlando to have had a change because of poor reception was Journey into Your Imagination...

Posiedon’s Fury and the original Alien Encounter went through early changes, largely based off guest feedback. DAK’s Safari on earth had a storyline with poachers, and those elements got toned-down before opening and removed over time. More recently, Kraken VR at SeaWorld completely flopped and was removed, then added back, then removed again...

Ok, did they turn up the fog blasts or was I just sitting in a new spot

I rode F&F again, because I had to see if the Rock was still sexy (confirmed)

It literally was just Vin Deisel's inaudible talking and then a constant blast to the face with fog and a ton of water

Did the up the effects a bit?
The more fog, the less of the film you can see. I would think that's a good thing. :lol:

Ok, did they turn up the fog blasts or was I just sitting in a new spot

I rode F&F again, because I had to see if the Rock was still sexy (confirmed)

It literally was just Vin Deisel's inaudible talking and then a constant blast to the face with fog and a ton of water

Did the up the effects a bit?
The effects have definitely been turned up since previews/opening day. I would say reasoning is is that those blasts give a jolt of excitement to an otherwise boring sequence and it also blocks you vision of the bad CGI temporarily so maybe they thought this would improve GSATs?

The only ride in Orlando to have had a change because of poor reception was Journey into Your Imagination, which only changed show scenes. Stitch was getting close but then somehow the guest approval ratings turned around and nothing was done about it. Scrapping F&F completely would be unprecedented but not impossible.
And there have been other attractions : "The Astuter Computer Revue" was changed very quickly into "Backstage Magic" due to poor reception. And Stitch, of course, replaced "Alien Encounter" due to complaints.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The effects have definitely been turned up since previews/opening day. I would say reasoning is is that those blasts give a jolt of excitement to an otherwise boring sequence and it also blocks you vision of the bad CGI temporarily so maybe they thought this would improve GSATs?
Depends on the seat too. Front row and middle row is the worst. Got fog smoke and water straight to the face when I sat in very front right last week. Couldn’t help but laugh every time.

Also, something I hadn’t noticed before. If you sit on right side, look out the window and straight up. You’ll see the musion screen projection angled 45 degrees above the ride vehicle. Makes a boring musion scene all the more interesting to see how it’s done.