1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by Brian G., Aug 25, 2015.

1. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

If they went back in and redid the 360 section, I think we'd all be satisfied with it. Wonder if it's something that's being planned to try to rectify the general dislike.

2. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

I recently took my family to this attraction. It was there first time riding it. There biggest complaint was that the ride itself was to short. They didn’t mind the actual attraction.

tankart150 and truejonas like this.
  3. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    It would be an improvement, but the ride would still be one simulator too many for me.

tankart150, truejonas and therock like this.
  4. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

There's a foundation to work with here, it's not like Alien Encounter/Stitch where the fundamental backbone of the attraction is unusable.

So, screw it, I'm off on NYE, I'm going to rewrite and redo this ride into something good. *cracks knuckles*

First and foremost, this will be a redo of all media in the attraction. It's not going to involve demo, new physical show scenes, etc. It'll still be a load bay, tunnel, outside set, inside set, and 360* room. There will be two preshows.

Thesis: F&F is about making your own family... and crazy action scenes. I will be leaning into this plus creating my own villain in this attraction to make it "out of time" of the movie series.

Story: After stumbling upon a secret garage of Dom and his "family", full of prizes from the races they've won. The mechanics/security (ops TMs) in the garage send you into the break room for our narrator TM to figure out what they're going to do with you. Tej can't believe how lax security has gotten, but suggests they might have some use for us and suggests to send us into 'the war room'. Here Tej and our security detail lay down their plan: to transport us with a McGuffin (I dunno, lets just say it's a Goober) to a remote location where Dom et all are located. We're the ultimate disguise: a bunch of tourists in a party bus. If we can pull this off then maybe Dom might let us become part of the family. Mia jumps in to say the plan will NEVER work, it's too dangerous out there tonight for a bunch of newbies, especially since they've discovered some new cars (and thus racers) they've never seen before. Tej says to relax and make sure to take your phones out, it'll make us look more like tourists.

We load up in the party busses with the Goober and get ready to depart. As we are ready to leave Hobbs appears on the onboard TVs: there's some activity out there tonight, so keep an eye out and be inconspicuous. As we enter the tunnel and make our way to the remote location we see flashes go past us and loud engines. We're in the middle of a street race and we get side swiped. We hear a car skid out and hit the wall, as we pass we can hear a voice yell out of the car "I KICKED IN THE NOS AND YOU TOURISTS SIDE SWIPED ME. YOU'LL PAY!"

We end up at the remote location where Dom, Letty, and Roman are waiting for us. Dom thanks us for bringing the Goober and says we mightn't be half bad, but Hobbs comes in saying not so fast, they've been followed. When Letty asks who'd find us it turns out it's someone new to the scene and he wants to rat us all out. It's at this time we need to leave, QUICK, before the feds arrive.

As we pull out into the back docks of the remote location we hear a familiar voice, both because it was the car that sideswiped us and he's been in this attraction before. The rat and new comer is a new villain played by Christopher Walken. Seems like his posse is out for revenge after losing, they were looking for this to be their take over of the area. So now Dom pulls us through San Francisco at top speed, escaping the vengeful villain before we make the jump and slide out of control.

As we exit we're told to play it cool as we pass flashing cop lights and audio recordings of Christopher Walkin's character being interrogated and arrested by the police.

Final Thoughts: This gets rid of a lot of problem, confusing plot lines, adds action to several places, streamlines the plot, and gets rid of the terrible animation and musion effects.

5. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

I don't know, if they once could put you in a delorean they should be able to put us in a F&F car, not a stupid "party bus that looks like a bloody tram".

6. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

I am bringing two F&F newbies to the park in May (one a first timer to UO, too), and I am very curious to see their take on this. Most of my friends have expressed disappointment, although my parents place it in the "eh, let's ride it once a trip" category.

tankart150 and tielo like this.
  7. peasoupprincess

peasoupprincess Rookie

Thank you for reminding me about those cringeworthy kuka arm cars that are thankfully gone. lol From what I understand, one of the rights holders(???) of the franchise took the tour and when they got to the F&F portion with the kuka arm cars they were NOT pleased.

truejonas likes this.
  8. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

Interesting. I'm sure the actual production example part was fine. The cars dancing might have been a bit over the top...

tankart150 and peasoupprincess like this.
  9. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

F&F would have been a far better replacement for BTTF.

shiekra38 likes this.
  10. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

What a waste of Kuka arms. Seems like F&F in theme parks is a jinxed franchise. What a losing streak it's on.

peasoupprincess and truejonas like this.
  11. SkiBum

SkiBum Veteran Member

Probably because they either can't or won't find a way to make a ride that reflects the movies more accurately. A Test Track style of ride or powered coaster with multiple launches would have been the way to go but it must not have been funded sufficiently or thought of as serious enough. Maybe they didn't think that there would be enough ROI to justify it.

tankart150, therock and truejonas like this.
  12. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

Two things positive UOR should be looking at from this ride: it is selling merch & lot's of pictures are being taken in the queue, with Vin Diesel and those cars at the exit. People want an F&F experience, and UO should be thinking on how to create something new with what they have already.

13. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

It was the ultimate conundrum, I'm sure. Not a ton of ground space to work with where it went, but with the "warehouse" look they could have put in a full coaster. Problem is Mummy is right next door. I think a Test Track style would have been the coolest to experience, I would be shocked if it wasn't at least considered.

tankart150 and SkiBum like this.
  14. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

My original idea for the ride was part a dark ride that went outside, have a near miss with a tram, go up a hill representing Lombard Street. After that fun zig zag road you would go over the Potter train track into a real parking lot that has the ride integration into it. Than it would go back over the train track into dark ride area. The ride system was a car on a coaster track with a robot arm between them. But they didn't listen... stupid UC!

tankart150, truejonas and SkiBum like this.
  15. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

I remember the days before The Simpsons where speculation was high for F&F being the replacement...good times

tankart150 and Brian G. like this.
  16. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

17. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Not a joke. Popular rumor for Back to the Future replacement was a Fast & Furious simulator... believe this actually was developed/proposed, so the rumor had weight.

tankart150 and Brian G. like this.
  18. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

and if memory serves me right, the main fan complaint about the rumor was that they didn't want an F&F ride that simulates speed. (And this was way before the days of "2 much ScreenZ")

tankart150 and youhow2 like this.
  19. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

That was exactly the complaint/worry. Time is a flat circle, people.

tankart150, truejonas and Brian G. like this.
  20. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

It's for sure real....RRR was rumored to have some tie in as well, but it was pure fan speculation and nothing official...I believe BTTF to F&F was a real concept

Yes, and it was the most dramatic replacement of a classic since Kongfrontation...So people flipped their *word removed by Joe*

tankart150 and truejonas like this.