Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Yes. I agree wholeheartedly....Maybe they should just switch to a trip through the fog....and turn off that dreadful 360 screen.....You know, I was getting by laughing at how bad the ride was, the last few rides....pure camp comedy. That doesn't even work anymore.....I just about love, or like, nearly every ride Universal or Disney has. This, along with the mostly departed Stitch, are really the only two 'rides' that I would prefer didn't exist.
To me the only other ride on the same level as F&F in all of the Orlando area is Antartica at SW.

To me both of those showcase a phenomenal failure versus amount of money spent and highlight a drastic misuse of ride technology.

To me the only other ride on the same level as F&F in all of the Orlando area is Antartica at SW.

To me both of those showcase a phenomenal failure versus amount of money spent and highlight a drastic misuse of ride technology.
At least there's penguins at the end of that one though. If there were cute little Vin Diesels at the end of F&F I could forgive it more.

What a Disaster. ....

9d90f19f9932e09a8dba64c76becd6a4.jpg

Do we know if there was supposed to be some other version of this ride? Like, if anything was cut from the attraction?

There were other ideas tossed around (Not gonna go into specifics). As far as the version we got, nothing was drastically changed from concept to final design. They just expected this version to be the most successful of all options.

And before the conversation takes that turn, they are aware that it did not go according to plan.

It amazing to me that a new theme park ride could be this unpopular already. One and done for most, and poor word of mouth for new visitors.

Or the USF Tram Tour that many don't even realize existed. Here's a great video on that btw:

To be fair, the tram tour wasn't supposed to be part of USF. It was added only when people kept expecting there would be one. (The one in California existed originally for two reasons - to take people around a backlot that would be unsafe to walk through and to get them down from the top of the hill). You'll notice the tour trams in the video are actually parking lot trams, simply repurposed. (What was there as part of the tour- but discontinued quickly - was a walk through area of one of the sound stages like Disney did.)

Last edited:
*waves hand towards Stitch Great Escape, Discovery River Boats, etc*

that's a pretty weak pass. One was a replacement for an attraction that already had popularity problems. The other one was a transportation service.

Fast and Furious was heavily promoted, even more so than Fallon was, and landed with a giant thud.

PS - I didn't even know Discovery River Boats existed. I had to google it.

that's a pretty weak pass. One was a replacement for an attraction that already had popularity problems. The other one was a transportation service.

Fast and Furious was heavily promoted, even more so than Fallon was, and landed with a giant thud.

PS - I didn't even know Discovery River Boats existed. I had to google it.

Ok fine whatever, the huge promotion it got on the Tonight Show and all, right?