Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Epcot (General Discussion)

So @Marni1971 dropped by the Poppins and Brazil threads on the other site to sort of let people know that the projects weren't dead, but while being extremely vague, he also made it seem like they could both be close to being green lit (if not already). The one thing he said that made me think down that path was that he wouldn't be stopping by just to let people know that the projects still had a pulse, but that there's something more. With D23 only 5-6 months away, i'm sure they're trying to finalize what is being approved and what isn't for this next round of investments.

I've been following the Spaceship Earth thread referenced in that video for a few days for @Marni1971 's tidbits of information. I alternate between being glad that the ride will be getting serious attention... and dreading the possibility that Disney may end up absolutely butchering another classic Epcot attraction.

The Wonders of Life rumors sound typically unimpressive and uninspired.

The Wreck-it Ralph M&G has officially moved out of Innoventions and into the Imagination Pavilion. That leaves only a few things left that currently operate out of the existing Innoventions/Communicore structure - CharacterSpot, Colortopia, Electric Umbrella (I've heard that there are plans for it's removal), Starbucks and the small Coke store.

Their entrance when the come out to meet is actually pretty cool:

Here's the M&G location:
org_dsc09745-1024x682.jpg

org_dsc09759-1024x682.jpg

PHOTOS: Wreck-It Ralph Meet and Greet Moves to Imagination Pavilion - Blog Mickey

With any of the refurb/replacement rumors going about, for me it's a big wait and see on if they'll happen or not. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen projects go sideways, especially in this park. Now with that said...

SSE: For me, I hope they give it a better script that's not trying to be cute or hip. An I also hope they get rid of the screens on the RV's and give the ride a actual ending. As it stands the '94 version is still my favorite version, and if the refurb can at least get close to that, I'll be happy.

WoL: At this point, just put in a nice attraction so it's not dead space. "Where in the World is Buzzy?", there ya' go.

I'd also love for the Imagination pavilion to get a overhaul, but dear lord has this one been burned time and time again with any possible refurb going by the wayside. As mentioned earlier by many, I too find it so odd that Figment is such a well-known character that's prominently featured in the park and merch to this day...yet they've done nothing to change the ride he's in which is a disaster.

For me, Journey into Your Imagination with Figment is the worst incarnation of the ride. Yes, I feel the infamous Journey into Your Imagination was better then what we currently have. (Anything that's neat about the current version came from this one, the Dimensions room was pretty nice and fitting for the theme, and while Figments presence was minor...he wasn't annoying like he is in the current version. Also, no skunk spray.)

It's a massive shame since a modern Imagination ride has so much potential. This is the theme where you can go all out, make it a trackless darkride and go nuts. But yet with no word on what's planned or to come for this pavilion, it's simply baffling.

I can’t see SSE having a major new iteration without an IP attached (for better or worse).

I just can’t think of an IP that would fit. You could maybe make Wreck-It-Ralph fit with the whole Internet thing from the second movie.

I can’t see SSE having a major new iteration without an IP attached (for better or worse).

I just can’t think of an IP that would fit. You could maybe make Wreck-It-Ralph fit with the whole Internet thing from the second movie.
There's no way to attach an IP to SSE. It simply wouldn't work. They could rip out SSE and put a completely different ride in, but just slapping an IP on is something i'm not quite sure is possible given the way the ride flows and what it's about.