Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

I've said this for years,God Of War, it can be toned down as far as the gore goes,but the land is already themed to fit that IP,but, that may be to edgy for a theme park
Great idea... They could just refurbish the interior of Poseidon into GoW and make it work (for cheap!).

But, I'm not sure that it has great name recognition. I feel like they might need a movie first (I don't think one is in production at all)... And get the rights from their competitor (Sony).

When it comes to Video Game IPs, IMO there are very few that are iconic enough to get significant presence in a Theme Park.

You need a high level of ubiquity for a theme park to invest huge dollars that would potentially draw in the masses to make it worth it.

Outside of Nintendo (whose characters/franchises have been around for nearly 40 years and almost everyone is familiar with them) I can only think of maybe a few other VG franchises that would have a similar level of global recognition (that people beyond just VG fans would have heard of):

Minecraft
Pacman
Sonic
maybe Final Fantasy.....

I was trying to think what else would do well in a theme park that's memorable. I had the bright idea of LEGOs.

Man, am I ever the fool in the mornings.

When it comes to Video Game IPs, IMO there are very few that are iconic enough to get significant presence in a Theme Park.

You need a high level of ubiquity for a theme park to invest huge dollars that would potentially draw in the masses to make it worth it.

Outside of Nintendo (whose characters/franchises have been around for nearly 40 years and almost everyone is familiar with them) I can only think of maybe a few other VG franchises that would have a similar level of global recognition (that people beyond just VG fans would have heard of):

Minecraft
Pacman
Sonic
maybe Final Fantasy.....

It’s much smaller than that. Outside of the big Nintendo properties not much else works. Minecraft maybe. Pac-Man? Nah it’s just not a property for a themepark. Sonic? Nah. Old news and just not much there to care about. Final fantasy is still niche also. You really have Pokémon outside of the SNW we’re getting.

It’s much smaller than that. Outside of the big Nintendo properties not much else works. Minecraft maybe. Pac-Man? Nah it’s just not a property for a themepark. Sonic? Nah. Old news and just not much there to care about. Final fantasy is still niche also. You really have Pokémon outside of the SNW we’re getting.

Oh you're more than likely correct. I was just pointing out VG Properties that have global name recognition outside of just VG fans. Not necessarily that they would well in a Theme Park.

I was trying to think what else would do well in a theme park that's memorable. I had the bright idea of LEGOs.

Man, am I ever the fool in the mornings.

Mickey Mouse just turned 90 years old. I bet he'd do well in a Theme park as well ;) :bolt:

Minecraft
Pacman
Sonic
maybe Final Fantasy.....

Normally, I'd say the Lego games, but that already has mediocre theme park presence.

Minecraft
Pacman
Sonic
maybe Final Fantasy.....
I agree. My comments on those four:

Minecraft - I agree 100%. What's more is that WB is releasing a Minecraft movie, which I'm guessing will be released next year (or sometime soon after). Would fit perfect for a younger audience while also attracting some of the millennial crowd.

Pac-Man - I think this would work alongside other 80s/90s titles for a "Retro-Land", could include Tetris, Galaga, Space Imvaders, Asteroids, Frogger, etc, with Pac-Man as the main attraction.

Sonic - a possibility, but we'll see how the movie does I guess. I'm not getting a great feeling about it from the teaser photo they released.

Final Fantasy - Universal Japan has (had?) a Final Fantasy VR Coaster attraction, though not sure if this really counts as a real "attraction." I don't feel the IP has strong enough recognition outside of Japan though.

Related to Final Fantasy is Kingdom Hearts. Disney I feel severely dropped the ball on a Kingdom Hearts attraction. Even if it doesn't have massive name recognition outside Japan, they could have used many other characters from their IPs. People would want to go on that specifically for the Disney characters who would appear throughout.

I feel like there's a ton of other IPs which are on the verge... Halo, FortNite, and Overwatch... I feel like a lot of games are growing in name recognition enough to not need a movie to carry them, but not quite there.

Is there anyone who can weigh-in on the popularity of the new DreamWorks Animation She-Ra series?

I'm sure there was a trademark filled relativity recently for 'Amusement Park Services' for that IP.

I've never heard of it but the name is unusual enough to be remembered.

Is there anyone who can weigh-in on the popularity of the new DreamWorks Animation She-Ra series?

It has a great use of color and the animation is quite stellar, especially for a series. The environments are definitely theme park worthy! Started to watch it since I was a fan of the he-man and she-ra media of the 80s when I was a kid. I have almost half of the first season done. Too unknown for theme park usage. He-man on the other hand.... lol jk.

I can't help but to think of Zelda, dont know why....

It has a great use of color and the animation is quite stellar, especially for a series. The environments are definitely theme park worthy! Started to watch it since I was a fan of the he-man and she-ra media of the 80s when I was a kid. I have almost half of the first season done. Too unknown for theme park usage. He-man on the other hand.... lol jk.

I can't help but to think of Zelda, dont know why....
Because Zelda is most worthy of the spot and Universal didn’t partner with Nintendo to only build Mario’s universe.

Oh, and with a sequel to BotW on the way I think it’s safe to say that’ll be the style they go for. Just a hunch ;)