Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d honestly be more than happy with 10+ attractions.

I'd bet that's more the likely number of attractions at park open. If I were a betting person I'd guess/break it down something like this:

4 "Worlds", 2 "Lands" per world, each "Land" has it's own main attraction, plus some with an additional secondary smaller attraction (a flat, a walkthrough or whatnot).

So if I had to guess, we're looking at 13ish attractions. Then add a parade here, a show there etc.

Just a guess.

Arbitrarily choosing 14 as the number of significant attractions (so anything above flat ride territory), here's what I'd like to see:

5x dark rides
2x family coasters (at least one elaborately themed on the level of Hagrid, Everest, Big Thunder, etc.)
2x thrill rides that defy easy classification (or combos of dark ride/coaster/simulator/drop tower)
1x water ride (could also double as a dark ride or thrill ride)
1x major live show spectacular
1x animatronics stage show
1x elaborate walk-through experience with impressive effects
1x pure simulator

I mean, it was a leaked photo of a page that doesn't show the image to the best quality..

That said, it is fascinating to see Dracula's Castle (as I can guess), colorized. Definitely strange, in the best way's.

Arbitrarily choosing 14 as the number of significant attractions (so anything above flat ride territory), here's what I'd like to see:

5x dark rides
2x family coasters (at least one elaborately themed on the level of Hagrid, Everest, Big Thunder, etc.)
2x thrill rides that defy easy classification (or combos of dark ride/coaster/simulator/drop tower)
1x water ride (could also double as a dark ride or thrill ride)
1x major live show spectacular
1x animatronics stage show
1x elaborate walk-through experience with impressive effects
1x pure simulator

Yeah, I can buy that.

Don't know if I'm a little late to the Classic Monsters Land discussion (Kinda skimmed the last few pages), but I read Legacy's post on how the E-ticket will likely adapt the FJ/KUKA ride system. If it is, will the seating arrangement be similar to FJ's in that it's a "bench", or will they change it up a bit and make the vehicle more like a "car"? I would personally like to see the latter as I would like to see the same ride system done in a different manner. Would rather not see the wheel being re-invented.

Don't know if I'm a little late to the Classic Monsters Land discussion (Kinda skimmed the last few pages), but I read Legacy's post on how the E-ticket will likely adapt the FJ/KUKA ride system. If it is, will the seating arrangement be similar to FJ's in that it's a "bench", or will they change it up a bit and make the vehicle more like a "car"? I would personally like to see the latter as I would like to see the same ride system done in a different manner. Would rather not see the wheel being re-invented.
Don't know that far.

I'll be honest though, I would love an inverted kuka for HTTYD.

According to one of our top Insiders, there was a blue sky concept for a boutique Potter hotel behind Diagon, but it never was greenlit.

Don't understand why they haven't already built one. There have been rumours since Hoggsmead opened. I'm certain it would be a smash hit but is it now a bit late?

I'm sure it's been discussed but I'm curious to know what kind of rides people would like to see in the new park (No theme needed but won't hurt)

1x big coaster (RMC would be the dream)
1x family coaster (Something akin to Mummy or Hagrid)
1x kid coaster
1x flume
1x stage show
1x drop ride (Tower of Terror)
1x omnimover
1x 3d theatre (Flight of passage/Jimmy Fallon)
1x play area
2x kid flat rides
Whatever you want to call Mario Kart

I'm not saying everything for day 1 but a park with this much variety would be most welcomed.

1 Thrill Coaster: preferably a large scaled version of Gringotts, aka an SFX coaster.
1 Family-Thrill Coaster: Similar to Hagrid
1 Family Coaster: Something akin to Seven Dwarfs, I think Shrek can fit the bill
1 Drop Ride: If Uni can make a Classic Monsters version of Tower Of Terror that would be great
1 Flume: I would like one similar to Splash Mountain that doesn't get you as wet as Popeye or Dudley
1 Show: A show is needed to get away from the sun and to just relax
1 Omnimover Dark Ride: Every park needs an Omnimover, they are capacity monsters
3 Flats: Something like Dumbo, Tea Cups, and a Carousel
2 Stellar Dark Rides: Something like Radiator Springs (MK), and hopefully something like Rise of the Resistance.
1 Simulator: Hoping it's more like FoP than Simpsons or DMMM.
1 Nighttime Show: Every park needs one.

I'm sure it's been discussed but I'm curious to know what kind of rides people would like to see in the new park (No theme needed but won't hurt)

1x big coaster (RMC would be the dream)
1x family coaster (Something akin to Mummy or Hagrid)
1x kid coaster
1x flume
1x stage show
1x drop ride (Tower of Terror)
1x omnimover
1x 3d theatre (Flight of passage/Jimmy Fallon)
1x play area
2x kid flat rides
Whatever you want to call Mario Kart

I'm not saying everything for day 1 but a park with this much variety would be most welcomed.

1x Major thrill coaster (Everest on steroids)
1x Family coaster (Fantastic Beasts)
2x Kuka Arm dark ride (Classic Monsters, DK)
3x Major dark rides (MK, Fantastic Beasts, KFP)
1x FOP knockoff (HTTYD)
2x Boat/Water rides (Shrek, Trolls)
1x Omnimover
2x Advanced flat rides
2x Classic flat rides
1x Nighttime show
2x Regular shows
2x Parades

1x Family coaster ala Hagrid's (HTTYD)
2x Kuka Arm dark ride (Classic Monsters, DK)
3x Major dark rides (MK, Fantastic Beasts, Shrek)
1x Boat/Water rides (Trolls)
1x Omnimover (Yoshi)
2x Advanced flat rides (HTTYD, Nintendo or Monsters)
2x Classic flat rides (Shrek, Trolls)
1x Kiddy Coaster (Shrek)
1x Nighttime show
2x Regular shows (HTTYD, FB)
3x Play Areas (Trolls, Mario, DK)
1x Walkthrough (Classic Monsters)

Are the WoW rumors dead? I know the movie was essentially a flop in North America, but the game is still pretty popular. Maybe this could be the stand-in for a Lord of the Rings fantasy-action area? And it has “World” in its name.

Status
Not open for further replies.