Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Extra Ads

Aug 11, 2016
Did you guys crank up the ads recently? In a thread I'm getting a scrolling banner ad then a header ad before any posts and then every 4 posts or so there is another ad injected into the thread then finally 2 or 3 footer ads. On one thread I'm getting 7 comments with 6 ads

I’m seeing extra ads as well. Top of the screen on mobile and it follows you as you scroll.
I’m seeing more ads too on mobile. @Brian G.
Obviously it's up to you guys what shows and I don't want to whine; just wanted to make sure it was on purpose. The ads on here have always been pretty nice and I thought appropriate. Now it seems like someone bumped the lever to "extreme ads" with how many are filling up the screen.

Yeah, I've noticed the extra ads too. They're a bit of a nuisance.

The McRib™ is back! Tender boneless pork™ grilled to its sizzling best and marinated in thick, rich barbeque sauce. With juicy pickles and slivers of zesty onions, all on a fresh home-style roll. You won't want to miss out on this! For a limited time only at McDonald's™.
Note: this is just a dumb joke, although I am actually seeing more intrusive ads.

Last edited:
Obviously it's up to you guys what shows and I don't want to whine; just wanted to make sure it was on purpose. The ads on here have always been pretty nice and I thought appropriate. Now it seems like someone bumped the lever to "extreme ads" with how many are filling up the screen.

Not our choice it’s Brians. Well let him know.

Also if y’all didnt know there’s a way to buy off the ads!

http://forums.insideuniversal.net/account/upgrades

For a while there, I was having an ad show up in my response text window that kept me from being able to post. That was a year or so ago though.