Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

If we did get Hagrid I would expect a substantial scaling down, plus potentially more indoor sections to minimise the sound.

When WW expansion does come, I personally would prefer something new and unique to USH.

Maybe it would be better to instead of trying to clone Hagrid or Diagon or anything else at UOR they got more creative and create something unique to Hollywood. Maybe they get a Great Hall Restaurant or a Shrieking Shack attraction which would give people reasons to make a specific trip to USH. Kind of like with DL and MK having many similar or duplicated attractions, yet each having a few unique things to make them special.

Universal has proven themselves to be good at taking a challenge and making it a feature (like Hogwarts Express), they should look at what the challenges are and try to come up with unique solutions rather than shoehorn something designed for somewhere else in. Hopefully they learned that lesson after putting F&F into USO with lackluster results.

To be honest, in a perfect world; Potter doesn't receive an expansion at Universal Studios Hollywood (not because I don't like the IP, but due to space).

If they have to do an expansion, they're very limited on what they can do, unless they get rid of the current Tram Plaza, or discard the changes they made to backstage for reaching Waterworld.

I would ask on the idea of Ministry, similar to how UFW may be potentially doing that..but I doubt they would want to strip away an exclusive for Orlando that simply.

To be honest, in a perfect world; Potter doesn't receive an expansion at Universal Studios Hollywood (not because I don't like the IP, but due to space).

If they have to do an expansion, they're very limited on what they can do, unless they get rid of the current Tram Plaza, or discard the changes they made to backstage for reaching Waterworld.

I would ask on the idea of Ministry, similar to how UFW may be potentially doing that..but I doubt they would want to strip away an exclusive for Orlando that simply.

I don't agree. Especially considering Potter has been Universal's best work to date.

Though if I had a choice between more SNW or HP, I'll take Nintendo expansion.

I would count on never seeing Hagrid's coaster here.

You're prop right, unfortunately.

I do feel like we need a highly themed coaster once Mummy is gone. It would have to be compact though, preferably indoors.

I was really excited to purchase a ticket to the event thinking it’d be reasonable but then I saw the actual pricing...

Yep. This would sell out in minutes if priced at, say, $75... but there isn't enough meat on the bone to justify such a huge spend. It's not even in Pixar Pier Premiere Party level in terms of actual content.

Yep. This would sell out in minutes if priced at, say, $75... but there isn't enough meat on the bone to justify such a huge spend. It's not even in Pixar Pier Premiere Party level in terms of actual content.
Totally agree. $200 dlls for a projection show? It's not even a new ride opening. Just a new projection show... it's quite expensive. 90´s night at Disneyland was $100 dlls a few weeks ago and it was awesome

Totally agree. $200 dlls for a projection show? It's not even a new ride opening. Just a new projection show... it's quite expensive. 90´s night at Disneyland was $100 dlls a few weeks ago and it was awesome
I think they put it at such a high price specifically to keep it from selling out. The area has a limited capacity and the viewing areas even less. I'm pretty sure that the event is just WWoHP, so when the show ends, there really isn't anywhere for anyone to go. Keeping the attendance (relatively) low keeps the crowds from overwhelming the land and making it uncomfortably crowded. And, yeah, it would sell out in a heartbeat at $75, but if only half as many people buy tickets at nearly three times the price, the company is still making more money and the guests that do attend have a better overall experience.

I think they put it at such a high price specifically to keep it from selling out. The area has a limited capacity and the viewing areas even less. I'm pretty sure that the event is just WWoHP, so when the show ends, there really isn't anywhere for anyone to go. Keeping the attendance (relatively) low keeps the crowds from overwhelming the land and making it uncomfortably crowded. And, yeah, it would sell out in a heartbeat at $75, but if only half as many people buy tickets at nearly three times the price, the company is still making more money and the guests that do attend have a better overall experience.
Well the solution would be that if you want less people... sell the amount of tickets you want for guests to have a good experience without overcrowding it. at $200 the attendance will be veeery low. I just don't see how anyone would pay that amount of money for a preview of a projection show.

I don't know... I would have never thought no one would've paid, what was it, $600 to see a not-even-finished (I mean, it's still not finished even now) Pixar Pier with attractions that are only refreshes of old ones? But people did, which I feel was even more outrageous.

By comparison, $200 is a bargain. At least you're getting something original and never seen before.

And personally, I don't think APs are really their target audience here. It's more the casual park/HP fan who says, "Hey, I haven't been to Universal in a long time (or ever), this would be a good way for me to see this finally without a lot of hassle."

The new Incendio and Alohomora/Dragon door spell are technically "secret" (because they're not officially listed on the spell map). Aside from that, I'm not aware of any, although the mirror inside one of the stores does talk to you, and that's not really listed anywhere either.

The new Incendio and Alohomora/Dragon door spell are technically "secret" (because they're not officially listed on the spell map). Aside from that, I'm not aware of any, although the mirror inside one of the stores does talk to you, and that's not really listed anywhere either.

I believe they've both been added to the map.