Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

I feel like it could go either way with Diagon. The rumored original plot of land (SS34-44) will still be available for expansion even after Nintendo opens since Nintendo has moved. However, I do feel like a completely separate HP land would be too much for our little park. It's safe to assume we'll definitely see more Potter considering the consistent investment in our WWoHP with seasonal events and even new interactive wand spots that Orlando doesn't even get. To what extent is the big question.

I keep seeing the buzz of Diagon coming and honestly it's so skeptical. Ive been told on multiple fronts - no. It was shelved (as a last minute decision mind you) but that USH did have plans on expanding the Wizzarding World. But I see things on here that hint yes it's coming. While I wouldn't mind it, I dont want it here. Its past its time and IMO perfect in Orlando. Give USH something unique for once.

That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for DA here.

So you're happy that we're getting a show instead of a fully-fleshed land with an actual ride?

So you're happy that we're getting a show instead of a fully-fleshed land with an actual ride?

That's not a fair comparison, and comes off as fanboy jealousy. They're two completely different situations. They removed two large scale coasters for their one new ride. Hollywood has no room for something like that as quickly as Orlando gets things.

Last edited:
That's not a fair comparison, and comes off as fanboy jealousy. They're two completely different situations. They removed two large scale coasters for their one new ride. Hollywood has no room for something like that as quickly as Orlando gets things.

Dude I'm not a fanboy. That's a lazy attack.

But, the implication is Universal scrapped DA & in its place we're getting a show.

To me that's not a good deal.

Dude I'm not a fanboy. That's a lazy attack.

But, the implication is Universal scrapped DA & in its place we're getting a show.

To me that's not a good deal.
**In the Orange man’s voice**: “It’s the worst deal in the history of all trade deals.”

I would not mind if they put DA over here, but at this rate, it will be a full decade by the time they get it up and running over here if they are planning on it. Either change it up or don’t bring it at all.

That's an assumption that you've made yourself. DA was put on the shelf because Nintendo became a priority. Hollywood has been consistently investing in Hogsmeade. We've seen more new additions in the past 2 years than Orlando has had since it opened in 2010 with more to come. So to think Hollywood is done with HP is Riddikulus. You're thinking too short sighted, we're supposedly going to be getting a lot of new stuff this year that have Orlando fans salivating.

I never said that. And honestly Im not complaining - we don't need DA right now, and while no one would prefer a show to an entire land, safe to say I have complete confidence in what USH has down the road if it works best for them... with or without Diagon Alley.

Plus k_peek is absolutely correct. Hollywood is spoiled on our end with Hogsmeade. I'm happy USH treats the land as if it's a character itself constantly updated and such. I'm happy with the state of things now compared to a decade ago.

I never said that. And honestly Im not complaining - we don't need DA right now, and while no one would prefer a show to an entire land, safe to say I have complete confidence in what USH has down the road if it works best for them... with or without Diagon Alley.

Plus k_peek is absolutely correct. Hollywood is spoiled on our end with Hogsmeade. I'm happy USH treats the land as if it's a character itself constantly updated and such. I'm happy with the state of things now compared to a decade ago.

I love our Hogsmeade, but I can't help feel disappointed with the 1-2 punch of the apparent cancellation of DA & seeing just how incredible the new Hagrid coaster is going to be in Orlando and knowing we're just getting a show for our Wizarding World. That ride looks truly mind-blowing & the realization just set in that we'll never get anything that detailed due to space limitations. Hell, even our SNW looks like it will only have 1 ride.

I understand USH is a different beast than UOR, but I mean our Hogsmeade is still a clone from Orlando. Posters not wanting DA because it's a clone doesn't make sense to me. I don't see us getting anything original for HP.

**In the Orange man’s voice**: “It’s the worst deal in the history of all trade deals.”

I would not mind if they put DA over here, but at this rate, it will be a full decade by the time they get it up and running over here if they are planning on it. Either change it up or don’t bring it at all.

According to AL, the original plans were to SIGNIFICANTLY plus our version of DA, so that was cool. Unfortunately, it looks like that's all gone in favor a new show.

That's an assumption that you've made yourself. DA was put on the shelf because Nintendo became a priority. Hollywood has been consistently investing in Hogsmeade. We've seen more new additions in the past 2 years than Orlando has had since it opened in 2010 with more to come. So to think Hollywood is done with HP is Riddikulus. You're thinking too short sighted, we're supposedly going to be getting a lot of new stuff this year that have Orlando fans salivating.

I'm just connecting the dots.

Our DA gets cancelled at the last minute, suddenly we're getting a new HP show.

Hmmmm...

I would love to be proven wrong though. Perhaps we are getting an awesome new HP land to replace the loss of DA.

Realistically, It's more likely that they'll continue to make these small investments in our Hogsmeade which will save them millions of dollars in not having to invest in actual new HP rides.

I'm just connecting the dots.

DA cancelled has nothing to do with the new show. Remember when USH had a major announcement to make last year but instead only showed off a logo change? ... yeah...

This show is just a new rendition. Im glad USH is changing it up

Just gonna chime in and think they could definitely expand into the area of WaterWorld (make it look like the Forbidden Forest) and add Hagrid's Hut (which would house another gift shop), the Magical Creatures clearing (which would house a small walk through of fun animatronics to look at) as well as turn WaterWorld (possibly now the Great Lake?) into an exciting new Harry Potter themed show, perhaps make it like the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament and add a more magical twist to it? Showcasing acrobatics and other cool stuff? Just a thought haha

DA cancelled has nothing to do with the new show. Remember when USH had a major announcement to make last year but instead only showed off a logo change? ... yeah...

This show is just a new rendition. Im glad USH is changing it up

While I have no insider information, I have to agree. I think the fact that DA may be put on hold and the fact we seem to be getting a new show are completely unrelated events. I don't think one has to do with the other. I'm just taking this proposed show as a plussing of our current WWOHP, not any sort of DA replacement plan.

I'm with you in the sense I personally wouldn't mind getting DA... at the same time, space is limited, and it seems we're getting SNL first and an improved JP attraction. While I personally have no interest in Nintendo as a property, there is something to be said about getting some unique and original rides before Orlando does.

Just because you're finding out about it now doesn't mean that the decision was made just now. Diagon was likely scrapped or indefinitely postponed within six months of Hogsmeade opening in 2016. Getting a new light show two and a half years later is not some consolation prize. If anything, SNW is the DA replacement.

EDIT: You're also acting as if Diagon Alley was moments away from construction before being scrapped. Karen Irwin didn't throw herself in front of the cement trucks shouting "Screw this, we'll just do a light show instead!" DA never made it out if the nascent planning stages for USH. Hell, a replacement for The Mummy was a lot farther along before being canned as well.

Last edited:
With all the planned expansion space in the lowerlot (Mummy and stages behind and next to Transformers) plus the expansion plot currently used by the studio tour, we still have more than enough space for 2-3 additional 'lands'

We don't need huge space if the lands are multi level like SNW.

I love the fact they keep 'plussing' the Wizarding World and I believe if/when they ever decide we need more Wizarding World in the park they will find a way.

DIAGON ALLEY Is on hold right now, Just like Secret Life Of Pets was on hold for couple years.

The Hollywood Expansion of the Wizarding World will happen in couple of years. Right now the park has so much projects going on that puts other projects on hold. I can only say this The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter Expansion will be worth the wait!

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification guys. Sometimes our insiders can be so tight-lipped (for good reasons) that us non-insiders are left playing the guessing game.

I'm glad we're getting a new show as a true addition.