Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are the minions villain con dark ride plans still in development?

That's a good question. I was one of the few who seemingly really liked the idea (though, in fairness, I like anything that involves a dark ride going into that space).

They failed to get Bond for the stunt show, it's not happening as a Shrek replacement.

And yet Universal is now the international distributor of the James Bond franchise. Just bad timing on the parks' part. Had they begun brainstorming the project a year later than they did, they probably would have been able to get the theme park rights from EON Productions since the two companies would have had a partnership (along with MGM) by that point.

And yet Universal is now the international distributor of the James Bond franchise. Just bad timing on the parks' part. Had they begun brainstorming the project a year later than they did, they probably would have been able to get the theme park rights from EON Productions since the two companies would have had a partnership (along with MGM) by that point.
The primary reason the T2 replacement was delayed so long was trying to get Bond.

They didn’t do anything with the new attraction for 8 months after T2 closed.

I know this isn't the thread to continue this discussion, but that would put their decision to go with Bourne basically at the same time that EON and MGM were coming to an agreement with Universal Pictures about distribution.

Since one would think that implies the Bond producers didn't want the theme park rights going anywhere, not even to their new partner.

That's a good question. I was one of the few who seemingly really liked the idea (though, in fairness, I like anything that involves a dark ride going into that space).

Yeah I think universal should turn shrek into the minions dark ride and put slop in kidzone with pokemon and maybe trolls.

Replacing Shrek with something non-screen would do so much towards helping USF. I'm a little surprised that Universal hasn't prioritized it more.

Besides Bourne, it doesn't seem like USF has anything concrete on the horizon. I'm hoping that doesn't mean that Universal waits until Fantastic Worlds opens up to give USF something new.

Yeah I think universal should turn shrek into the minions dark ride and put slop in kidzone with pokemon and maybe trolls.
Pokemon is waaaaaaay too big of a franchise to share a land with other IPs. (COUGH 'Pokemon' Is The Highest-Grossing Franchise Of All-Time COUGH)
It's way more likely that Pokemon replaces the entirety of KidZone, even if it's rumored that those plans have been temporarily put on hold. Trolls is almost a given for the Dreamworks area in Fantastic Worlds.

I certainly wouldn't mind Shrek getting turned into SLOP or the VillanCon dark ride. I know it's been pointed out before, but either of those replacing Shrek would turn the front-area of Production Central into a Illumination Animation land, which would be kinda neat.

Last edited:
Supposedly Shrek was supposed to disappear from USF about a year ago, and then "something terrible happened", namely Universal changed their mind for some reason or other.
Could it be HHN? Shrek is always used for a house and it seems like it would be hard (and inevitable) that Universal would have to give up Shrek's HHN spot for either a year or two (for construction) or forever.
I certainly wouldn't mind Shrek getting turned into SLOP or the VillanCon dark ride. I know it's been pointed out before, but either of those replacing Shrek would turn the front-area into a full-on Illumination Area, which would be kinda neat.
Universal could pull a Pixar Place (like DHS, not California's Pixar Pier) and do a soft reboot of the entrance plaza. Illumination doesn't have a strong architecture like Pixar does, but anything would be more cohesive than what they have.

Could it be HHN? Shrek is always used for a house and it seems like it would be hard (and inevitable) that Universal would have to give up Shrek's HHN spot for either a year or two (for construction) or forever.

Universal could pull a Pixar Place (like DHS, not California's Pixar Pier) and do a soft reboot of the entrance plaza. Illumination doesn't have a strong architecture like Pixar does, but anything would be more cohesive than what they have.
I don't believe a HHN house was a contributing factor. I think that was already discounted.

Are there any new updates or rumors regarding SLOP coming to the east coast or is it going to be a Hollywood exclusive for awhile ???

Last edited: