Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

On top of that, in the film, the Na’vi are about 15’ tall and extremely lanky. I just don’t see how it’d even be possible for them to create a realistic (and safe) costume. Surely it’d have to be a stilt, but you wouldn’t be able to safely put a stilt walker in a costume that would be thematically correct imo.

Agree. I wonder how Cirque Du Soleil will do it. This ad popped up today on IU;

E810AE13-293D-49AA-8576-39F53E8F298E.jpeg

Nice write up @Joe! I had a very similar experience with after hours as you did and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will add that I agree it is surreal and a little weird walking around the park with no one around it honestly feels like you shouldn’t be :lol:. One thing I would recommend is the park hop, if you are going to spend the day in the parks do it in any park but the one you are staying for after hours. We found ourselves burned out from riding all the same rides we just did all day. Doing a different park for after hours will feel and be a better experience.

Hearing that FoP during After Hours last night was having massive issues with reliability, with only one theater running and it going down a lot. Anyone have any other info?

No idea, but the attraction stand by line times have been super long again daily, even those it's the off season. Guessing it's operating without all theaters again.

Was it ever running all theatres?

When I rope dropped last week, we were strapped in and sat on the chairs for about 15 minutes before we were let out and lead to another theatre. CM said something about a maintainance issue on the row below us. So even at park opening, problems arise that take a theatre out of service.

When I rope dropped last week, we were strapped in and sat on the chairs for about 15 minutes before we were let out and lead to another theatre. CM said something about a maintainance issue on the row below us. So even at park opening, problems arise that take a theatre out of service.
Are these still the same issues from opening??

A while back, people on Magic that I tend to trust stated that FOP only runs with two theaters at a time and they rotate their usage. This is supposedly related to the overheating issue that the ride systems experienced. Please note that this is simply repeating what they said and may or may not have any actual relation to the truth. I have no idea how they would be privy to such information.

You'd think they would have addressed the issue by now and have thing running consistently. But then again you'd think they might have fixed the yeti years ago as well.

Just rode FoP for the first in probably a year or maybe more. Still thoroughly enjoy the attraction. It doesn’t dethrone any of the usuals for best ride in Orlando obviously, but it’s still a high caliber, enjoyable ride.

I will say, that the ride definitely has one of, if not the worst pre-shows. F&F is the only one I can think of that competes with it, but at least they have live team members that have the ability to make it semi-enjoyable. It also takes a ridiculously long time to get through the two of them.