Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Can anyone tell me what rope drop is like now days? Planning to do an AK/MK day on the first Sunday of November and was wondering if it’s still as packed as it was in the fall of 2017 at the turnstiles before opening. Game plan is to get there 45 min before opening and hit FoP and River Journey first thing. Thanks!

It’s still pretty crazy every morning. Line out to Lion King and back until 10am-11am until the inside queue gets filled. 3hr wait average all day. On a 9am opening, you can expect the front gates to open between 8-815 (non EMH) and people getting on the ride between 830-845.

In other news the queue is getting a restroom:whistle:

It’s still pretty crazy every morning. Line out to Lion King and back until 10am-11am until the inside queue gets filled. 3hr wait average all day. On a 9am opening, you can expect the front gates to open between 8-815 (non EMH) and people getting on the ride between 830-845.

About what I expected. Seems like they adjusted the front gate entry because they didn’t let us in until 8:30 AM at the earliest a couple years ago. What time do you suggest arriving at the turnstiles? It’s gonna be a rooouuggh morning after HHN that day!

About what I expected. Seems like they adjusted the front gate entry because they didn’t let us in until 8:30 AM at the earliest a couple years ago. What time do you suggest arriving at the turnstiles? It’s gonna be a rooouuggh morning after HHN that day!

I thought this was interesting as shows the length of the wrap around queue and where the queue is now

Also interesting that the value resorts get dropped off further away - though may not be on purpose

I thought this was interesting as shows the length of the wrap around queue and where the queue is now

Also interesting that the value resorts get dropped off further away - though may not be on purpose

Thanks, this is helpful to know they’re opening at 8 AM now.

I see one crucial mistake in this video: additional turnstiles open when they start letting people in. If you jump in a line immediately after the bag check, you’re going to wait longer. It’s better to move up in the entry plaza looking for a shorter line or an empty turnstile adding an employee. I happened to have lined up at the breakfast turnstile last time, which opened for everyone.

Edit: Just read about the “extra extra” magic hours taking place from Aug. 29 - Nov. 2. Extra magic hours daily for those dates from 7 Am - 9 AM. Luckily we’re going November 3. Hoping those won’t be extended.

Last edited:
I did Flight of Passage standby for the first time in awhile yesterday. It was constantly moving the whole way through. Went by really fast as you never stood still for very long. Posted 110 min wait, 75 actual wait until I entered first preshow. Very pleased.

Also, some work walls are up against the back wall of the bioluminescent cliff room (first bioluminescent room with corrugated metal wall on side). No clue what it’s for, but is the bathroom rumor maybe true!?!

Also, new (to me) PCI sign that cant be scratched off by fingernails.

Coins in the queues continue to be an issue/eyesore.

Overall, still impressed with the ride, obviously. But now, also really impressed with how well they’re operating it. (At least the day I was there anyway.)

Coins in the queues continue to be an issue/eyesore.

When the heck did this start?

I don't recall any coins a few months after opening. I wonder why or how this started and why they can't seem to break the cycle.

I don't think WDW guests do this to other attractions, do they? (Hair bands on Everest)