Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of FOP, how has it been operating? Did they ever figure out how to keep the theaters from overheating? Are they operating all 4 theaters without any problems?
Rode twice in November on different days. Only two theaters were operating both times. Lines are almost always long, so I doubt they've been able to maintain max capacity on a constant basis.

My uneducated guess is they know what’s causing them to overheat and have a solution for it. The only problem is they would have to take it down for an extended “refurbishment” to implement the fix. In a park that’s starved of attractions it’s hard to take it down for any time. I find it hard to imagine that 2.5+ years later that they haven’t come up with some kind of solution.

My uneducated guess is they know what’s causing them to overheat and have a solution for it. The only problem is they would have to take it down for an extended “refurbishment” to implement the fix. In a park that’s starved of attractions it’s hard to take it down for any time. I find it hard to imagine that 2.5+ years later that they haven’t come up with some kind of solution.
This seems like a great theory. It has to be a major fix.

Everest is next in line for a major refurb, which is possible with Avatar open. I’d imagine FoP could maybe go down for a refurb after Disney finishes the Epcot re-do (which would lower crowds in AK)

Reactions: tankart150
Funny thing is, when this was just opening, we kept getting a new poster on IU that said he was one of the workers on the FOP attraction and he continually said the overheating rumor was BS. He also gave away details that weren't generally known at the time. He was really adamant about that overheating being fake news for a few months, and then he disappeared from posting. I suspect, though it's just a guess, that he was one of those rumored Disney employed social media quislings....Yes, it's pretty evident there's a continuing issue with FOP....On another AK/Pandora issue, TP's Crowd Calendar analystt, Fred Hazelton, today on the Touring Plans Blog, says it's starting to look like DHS is pulling attendance away from AK, and AK is returning to 'before Pandora' levels. Interesting.

Reports of Evacuation at FOP. Unconfirmed Report of a possible fire. This isn’t the first time FOP has had issues before, I remember shortly after opening something similar.

Edit: False alarm ride is back open apparently.

Last edited:
Reports of Evacuation at FOP. Unconfirmed Report of a possible fire. This isn’t the first time FOP has had issues before, I remember shortly after opening something similar.

The fire alarm can trip without flames, yet people always say fire when they tweet. It sucks when this happens as they have to evacuate both rides...

And to be clear, I really hope there was not a fire, just pointing out that the fire alarm has gone off due to overheating or other reasons that aren't fire before.

The fire alarm can trip without flames, yet people always say fire when they tweet. It sucks when this happens as they have to evacuate both rides...

And to be clear, I really hope there was not a fire, just pointing out that the fire alarm has gone off due to overheating or other reasons that aren't fire before.
Yeah, I was there twice in the past when it happened. In both cases, it reopened later in the day. It would not have reopened that fast if it was an actual fire causing irreversible damage.

Yah that's what I assumed happen here. Waiting for more news. I'm pretty sure after it opened something similar happened. DAK is so attraction deprived otherwise they would have taken the time to fix the overheating problems. Hopefully its something they can tackle in the next decade.

Hopefully its something they can tackle in the next decade.

Order of important projects for Animal Kingdom:
1. New expansion netting 1 - 2 additional, significant rides.
2. Repair of the Yeti.
3. Fixing Flight of Passage's overheating issues.

Ideally, we'd see all of this happen within the next five years. I suspect we'll see none of it!

Order of important projects for Animal Kingdom:
1. New expansion netting 1 - 2 additional, significant rides.
2. Repair of the Yeti.
3. Fixing Flight of Passage's overheating issues.

Ideally, we'd see all of this happen within the next five years. I suspect we'll see none of it!
It's possible #1 happens, but even that is questionable.