Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is like watching the trial of the witch from "Monty Python and The Holy Grail".
Yeah. She posted something about theaters being shut down because people were vomiting, then she deleted it a few minutes after,and replaced it with the above post....Heck, I thought they were always saying hardly anybody ever gets sick on the ride. :)....Thing is, I wasn't even referring to her in my original post, not by a long shot, and she took it personal for some reason.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Yeah. She posted something about theaters being shut down because people were vomiting, then she deleted it a few minutes after,and replaced it with the above post....Heck, I thought they were always saying hardly anybody ever gets sick on the ride. :)....Thing is, I wasn't even referring to her in my original post, not by a long shot, and she took it personal for some reason.
They don't call RC Fire Rescue for a protein spill. So....

I came here to nip a false rumor in the bud. One that some on this thread keep perpetuating. I gave a detailed explanation as to why queue lanes are utilized the way they are. It was Alicia who brought up the fire alarms, and I’m not jeopardizing myself further by disclosing confidential information about them other than to quash your theories as to their cause. I thought as a fan forum you’d be interested in accurate information, but no, you just want to straw man me and keep on believing a minor issue that was solved well before the ride even opened is somehow still a major issue 2+ years later, and your evidence for this is that they don’t fill seven lanes with people to load three ride levels.

Happy Holidays!

I came here to nip a false rumor in the bud. One that some on this thread keep perpetuating. I gave a detailed explanation as to why queue lanes are utilized the way they are. It was Alicia who brought up the fire alarms, and I’m not jeopardizing myself further by disclosing confidential information about them other than to quash your theories as to their cause. I thought as a fan forum you’d be interested in accurate information, but no, you just want to straw man me and keep on believing a minor issue that was solved well before the ride even opened is somehow still a major issue 2+ years later, and your evidence for this is that they don’t fill seven lanes with people to load three ride levels.

Happy Holidays!
I agree on why some lanes aren’t used. But operationally does it seem like they load and only run half the theaters at a time? Alternating back and forth? Or is that just because that’s how CMs load shows to maximize ride time?

With long lines all these years I wonder if the attraction then should’ve been built with more capacity? Especially considering they already know how Soarin’ ended up requiring an additional theater to help quell long standby waits. If this truly is the best capacity Flight of Passage can do, then it might’ve needed another theater too.

The theaters run completely independently, no theater knows what another is doing. The preshow rooms open as soon as they’re ready. Sometimes the timing syncs up and they all open at once, followed by a long awkward pause of no movement. Sometimes they stagger themselves, and movement is slow but steady.

Yes, more theaters would be lovely. But given all the crap people gave when Pandora was announced from 2011-2017, can you really blame Disney for underestimating the popularity the ride would generate?

Reactions: Alicia
The theaters run completely independently, no theater knows what another is doing. The preshow rooms open as soon as they’re ready. Sometimes the timing syncs up and they all open at once, followed by a long awkward pause of no movement. Sometimes they stagger themselves, and movement is slow but steady.

Yes, more theaters would be lovely. But given all the crap people gave when Pandora was announced from 2011-2017, can you really blame Disney for underestimating the popularity the ride would generate?
Disney's assumption when planning this was always that this was going to be a massive franchise. Regardless disney should always anticipate large crowds on any major new ride because their hotel capacity and otherwise demand is so high.

I finally got a chance to have one of the vaunted bowls from Satu'li Canteen today. The wood-grilled chicken with rice and beans, and the creamy herb dressing.

Very good! I feel like, for the $13 price, I got quite a solid value. Lots of food, and quite tasty. Others in my party had various other bowls of various other combinations, and all were pleased.

Nearly three years after opening, it's good that Disney is (apparently) not letting the quality slip, at least here.

Reactions: Alicia
I finally got a chance to have one of the vaunted bowls from Satu'li Canteen today. The wood-grilled chicken with rice and beans, and the creamy herb dressing.

Very good! I feel like, for the $13 price, I got quite a solid value. Lots of food, and quite tasty. Others in my party had various other bowls of various other combinations, and all were pleased.

Nearly three years after opening, it's good that Disney is (apparently) not letting the quality slip, at least here.
I love those bowls. Easily my favorite QS food at any theme park.

Reactions: Alicia and belloq87
What will be the excuse for being busy next week....etc...etc?
I mean, it’s busy most of the year. I’m not making excuses but stating the realities. The park obviously needs expansion but I just don’t see it in the pipeline unfortunately.