Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

I’m very happy you all find the coins as big of an eyesore as I do.

The problem is little kids see all the coins and “mommy I wanna make a wish too!” And of course every parent caves. But you’re right someone had to be the first one, and I have no idea what they were thinking. Same with the graffiti all over the beautiful queue. Especially in a ride/land/park that’s message is essentially “humans ruin everything”, people have to prove the point.

I’m very happy you all find the coins as big of an eyesore as I do.

The problem is little kids see all the coins and “mommy I wanna make a wish too!” And of course every parent caves. But you’re right someone had to be the first one, and I have no idea what they were thinking. Same with the graffiti all over the beautiful queue. Especially in a ride/land/park that’s message is essentially “humans ruin everything”, people have to prove the point.
Teaching your child it's stupid to do isn't an option? ;)

FOP is still a super tough FP. I just fastpassed my mid November on site vacation. It's a slow to low moderate week. I couldn't get FOP fastpasses until my 65th and 67th fastpass window days. And even with those there were just a few times available . Yes, the fastpass system sucks....7 Dwarfs was just as bad too. Couldn't get one until my 66th day. Slinky is also very tough. ....It's ridiculous to have to plan a vacation at WDW this way. Their system is broke. . :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

FOP is still a super tough FP. I just fastpassed my mid November on site vacation. It's a slow to low moderate week. I couldn't get FOP fastpasses until my 65th and 67th fastpass window days. And even with those there were just a few times available . Yes, the fastpass system sucks....7 Dwarfs was just as bad too. Couldn't get one until my 66th day. Slinky is also very tough. ....It's ridiculous to have to plan a vacation at WDW this way. Their system is broke. . :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

As an off-site guest, it sounds like I'll be rope-dropping Flight of Passage again on my next trip!

As an off-site guest, it sounds like I'll be rope-dropping Flight of Passage again on my next trip!
No doubt. Such a screwed up system. I had to rework almost all of my days (what park and what day) that I was going to do. No wonder attendance is struggling....besides the increased costs.....And Universal suffers too since when Disney sneezes in Orlando, everyone gets a cold. I'm sure there's less Disney guests doing day trips to Universal since there's. bottom line, less guests. Whoever came up with this FP system should be fired. Oh wait, they were all fired. ;):lol:

Last edited:
Doesn't this go back to the rides being low capacity so there being less FP+ to give out? Shockingly, Smuggler's Run is on the higher end of new ride capacities as of late. Which, if the crowds they were HOPING for really did come, it would still be an entire s--- show.

Doesn't this go back to the rides being low capacity so there being less FP+ to give out? Shockingly, Smuggler's Run is on the higher end of new ride capacities as of late. Which, if the crowds they were HOPING for really did come, it would still be an entire s--- show.
Low capacity. Yes !!! :rant:....also an added factor. In the past year they added thousands of hotel rooms (partner type hotels) to the 60 day list that aren't Disney hotels. That made a bad problem worst. People making these decisions at WDW must never leave the comfort of their cubicle to venture out in the theme parks. An elementary school kid, with bad grades, could have told them that's a stupid decision.....and....I basically know all the little nuances of the system.....but I'm not about to ruin a day at the parks with my face buried in an I phone, refreshing, and hoping for one of the back ended same day fastpasses to come free. That's insane, and contrary to what a vacation should be like.....I would think that the once in a lifetime, or once in a decade, WDW visitors would really get frustrated with this terrible fastpass system.

Last edited:
Low capacity. Yes !!! :rant:....also an added factor. In the past year they added thousands of hotel rooms (partner type hotels) to the 60 day list that aren't Disney hotels. That made a bad problem worst. People making these decisions at WDW must never leave the comfort of their cubicle to venture out in the theme parks. An elementary school kid, with bad grades, could have told them that's a stupid decision.....and....I basically know all the little nuances of the system.....but I'm not about to ruin a day at the parks with my face buried in an I phone, refreshing, and hoping for one of the back ended same day fastpasses to come free. That's insane, and contrary to what a vacation should be like.....I would think that the once in a lifetime, or once in a decade, WDW visitors would really get frustrated with this terrible fastpass system.
4955.jpg

It's so telling. Too bad Disney feels they can't reverse (or at least tweak) a decision they know they wouldn't make again if given the chance to go back in time.

If they take it off the table or reverse it, they'd be admitting that they goofed up with a lot of investors' money. I'm not certain about the impact on share price but public companies really don't like admitting that kind of mistake. Plus, I'm sure that Disney handed out some awesome bonuses for the successful rollout.

If they take it off the table or reverse it, they'd be admitting that they goofed up with a lot of investors' money. I'm not certain about the impact on share price but public companies really don't like admitting that kind of mistake. Plus, I'm sure that Disney handed out some awesome bonuses for the successful rollout.
I don't recall the roll out being all that successful. Technical snafus for a couple of years and having to hire CM's whose only job was to try to fix stuff on the computer tablets they were supplied with....and the execs. in charge of the program were all ultimately fired, or they were forced to resign.

Last edited:
I think Disney's management still think fastpass+ is great.
Low attendance, close 1 or 2 of the theaters at FOP. Guests think it's busy an Disney can send home low wage castmembers to save a buck on operations. Sure it kills the customer experience but that has been in decline for about 15 years and that frog is boiled slowly so they still deal with it.
There is 1 way to help change Disney, and it's not complaining on a forum. There is 1 way to make Disney feel your pain and that is not giving them your money. Otherwise, suck it up and learn to like the abuse.

I think Disney's management still think fastpass+ is great.
Low attendance, close 1 or 2 of the theaters at FOP. Guests think it's busy an Disney can send home low wage castmembers to save a buck on operations. Sure it kills the customer experience but that has been in decline for about 15 years and that frog is boiled slowly so they still deal with it.
There is 1 way to help change Disney, and it's not complaining on a forum. There is 1 way to make Disney feel your pain and that is not giving them your money. Otherwise, suck it up and learn to like the abuse.
I've already cut my visits drastically from what they were prior to the fastpass plus system. If it wasn't for GESWL I wouldn't even be going to this one. I've been basically down to a couple of day visits up I4 every few years while staying at a Universal hotel. Disney has great parks, but their management operations/systems are quite poor.

I've already cut my visits drastically from what they were prior to the fastpass plus system. If it wasn't for GESWL I wouldn't even be going to this one. I've been basically down to a couple of day visits up I4 every few years while staying at a Universal hotel. Disney has great parks, but their management operations/systems are quite poor.
I could get a handicap assist card just like I get at Universal. So I won't be effected, but I don't want to give them my money and add to the problem. I hope you will have a wonderful time though.

I don't recall the roll out being all that successful. Technical snafus for a couple of years and having to hire CM's whose only job was to try to fix stuff on the computer tablets they were supplied with....and the execs. in charge of the program were all ultimately fired, or they were forced to resign.

I agree. However, on official releases, it was labeled a success. They will not acknowledge that it did nothing to benefit the consumer. It's why I figure that they will monetize it soon. The biggest mistake is spending so much on rides like Navi River and having it with such low capacity. Or not designing FoP well enough to avoid the system from overheating (if that is true). If a company is going to spend $500+ million on rides, the rides need to be awesome with high capacity.

Did this yesterday with FP. The queue was still at around 75 minutes, with Navi river at 60. Hoping to get that one done next week.

The ride itself was great. The simulator aspect was a lot more gentle than I expected. I had assumed it would throw you about more like Forbidden Journey or something.
I liked that about the ride. No motion sickness/headache.

The land itself is really great to explore. I said earlier in the week when visiting Toy Story Land for the first time that it was the best land that Disney had done. Pandora definitely takes the crown.

Funny anecdote, after FoP we wandered through the shop and I pointed out the Navi bust they have in a glass case. I said to my wife, 'did they decapitated her and put her head on display as a warning to others?' Didn't notice the cast member behind me who said, 'yes. That's the best way to display it.'

That cracked me up.:grin: