WDW Parks Banning Smoking, Stroller Wagons, Loose Ice Beginning May 1st | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Parks Banning Smoking, Stroller Wagons, Loose Ice Beginning May 1st

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In my case to have use medical marijuana besides the edibles, I have patches for my Fibromyalgia and chronic pain left over from having kidney cancer. Even as a smoker I won't smoke at the parks especially WDW. Now, as for my job they let me use the medical MJ vape as needed. But even then because of my job I just do the patches, and edibles.

Reactions: HPFred and Skold
Maybe I'm just not very observant, but I've never seen issues with people smoking outside of the smoking areas in the parks. I was just at Disneyland last November and I can't remember seeing anybody smoke.

I personally think getting rid of the smoking areas is a great idea. The smoking areas, by design, are in some really nice, secluded areas of the parks and it would be nice to use them to get a reprieve from the crowds.

Reactions: SkiBum
So if they ban smoking, people will smoke everywhere? Simple solution: start ejecting people who do this. Anyone who thinks they're going to be able to complain about this will deserve the public mockery they get, and Disney won't get any bad press they can't handle. Eventually, the smokers and vapers will catch on.

I personally think with all the money smokers pour into these parks, they need to just pour some of that money back into designing better hidden smoking areas if the smoke itself is the problem.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I personally think with all the money smokers pour into these parks, they need to just pour some of that money back into designing better hidden smoking areas if the smoke itself is the problem.

Something I've read is that the reason it's happening is that at DL they are just flat out of room and have plans for anywhere there is a smoking area. Once it was decided to do it there, it makes sense to do it everywhere.

What happens when security finds a pack of cigarettes, vape pen or an e cigarette when they are checking bags before people go into the park? Can they make people throw them away? Because if they get into the park they will 1000000% use them. It's just human nature.

I think people are making a bigger deal out of this for odd reasons. I understand not everybody follows the rules at Disney in regards to smoking but WDW is not the only place with banned smoking.

Reactions: HPFred
This seems like it's solving a problem that doesn't really exist. I hardly ever see people complain about smoking in the parks given the areas seem to be pretty out of the way already these days. If anything I see a lot of people complaining about vaping as it is easier to take a puff discreetly abd this prob just encourages the smokers to do that instead.

It all sort of fits in line with Disney's strategy of taking away services and placing the blame on guests for everything. They want people to say it's the guests' problem they smoke, stand in line because they didn't book the after hours party, missed out on fast pass because they didn't book on site, etc.

Even though I don't smoke or approve of smoking the reality is smokers pay for Disney too and I would prefer them to be out of my way in a designated area of the park than vaping everywhere and getting into arguments with cast members. I feel bad for cast members that have to take the heat from angry guests while prices continue to outpace cm salaries.

I would also wonder if employee smoking areas are cut too is this is a ploy to make it effectively impossible to work for Disney as a smoker in an effort to cut potential healthcare costs or weed people out who smoke.

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf and Frogki
I think people are making a bigger deal out of this for odd reasons. I understand not everybody follows the rules at Disney in regards to smoking but WDW is not the only place with banned smoking.
Of course many places ban smoking, but places as large as these theme parks and some people not having re-entry on their tickets? It’s not like there’s any easy way to go out and smoke and then get back in even if someone wanted to. At a restaurant I can understand. Just go outside and come back if you want a puff. This is different.

Of course many places ban smoking, but places as large as these theme parks and some people not having re-entry on their tickets? It’s not like there’s any easy way to go out and smoke and then get back in even if someone wanted to. At a restaurant I can understand. Just go outside and come back if you want a puff. This is different.
Like I even said I am a smoker, and since they are banning smoking then if need be I'm fine with it. I will just wear a patch or the gum. However, when I go to a Disney park I dont' smoke at all until we leave. I do the same at Universal. So, I can imagine some of the people that I have seen in the parks lately, grandma isn't gonna be happy in her EVC and chain smoking and yelling at 10 kids to sit down, I feel bad for security.

Reactions: Nick

What are the options? Tell the person to go back to their car or hotel and drop them off? It’s not going to work.

Reactions: natespf
Definitely. Watch the old movies and people often chain smoke through the entire films. It's like they couldn't talk without a cig in the mouth. Times, they be a changing.
Yeah they did my favorite chain smoking old movie is MOMMIE DEAREST. Smoking bans are coming more standard, yu can barely smoke anywhere. Some states you can't smoke in your car with a kid in it, I know they do that in Maryland, So, I just hope it comes to other parks too.2c21578b74e6c4678807d8c6afacb9e6.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog
Definitely. Watch the old movies and people often chain smoke through the entire films. It's like they couldn't talk without a cig in the mouth. Times, they be a changing.

That was a legitimate reason why they smoked. Directors felt like the actors needed something to do while talking.

Reactions: SukaVayne73