Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess based on their speed of construction, I'd say we will definitely see the new themed exterior facade more or less completed by May.. However, it will obviously severely lack any kind of ride signage. But I wouldn't rule out an announcement around the time of the movie, along with a nice little photo-op promo spot for both movie/ride to hold guests over.

Posted a few minutes ago on Alicia's Theme Park Stop Facebook group......From Brian Lynch, screenwriter of Pets 2 and co screenwriter of Pets 1. "Love your podcast and site, and Pets 2 isn't anything like Toy Story 2. Hope you enjoy."....Who says our Insiders don't get proper respect from the powers to be....Kudos to Alicia, and her ever growing rep. :toast::thumbsup:@Alicia

From Brian Lynch, screenwriter of Pets 2 and co screenwriter of Pets 1. "Love your podcast and site, and Pets 2 isn't anything like Toy Story 2. Hope you enjoy."
Well thats unfortunate because that sequel was great, although TS3 was better only for the traumatizing incinerator scene lol

I find it more hilarious that TS4 shares the same date as Orion's Child's Play remake.

__

For projects, this excites me more than SNW in one way..
With Mark Hamill as Chucky. Mark Hamill is in Star Wars. Star Wars Land will be next to Toy Story Land in Florida. The Twilight Zone is also in this park.

Do do do do, do do do do...

I find it more hilarious that TS4 shares the same date as Orion's Child's Play remake.
Child's Play sold me on its initial trailer & Mark Hammil announcement. TS4 has just made me groan/sigh...

PETS 2 will hopefully be decent, but so far all i've gotten is the "look at this ___ doing something cute" vibe to sell it. Curious to see what they do in regards to the ride though

I sure would hope Pets 2 wasn’t a rehash of TS2 cuz they already did that in the first, which was pretty much all the first 3 TS movies.

You had:

1) a pet getting “replaced” by another, being threatened and then getting lost (Ts1)
2) the other pets rallying to find and save said pet (TS2)
3) the two other pets being taken in by a corrupt society of rejected pets and struggling to escape (Ts3)

CinemaCon screened a new trailer. It’s another myriad of plots with the main one being Max adjusting to a new child (?) and needing to learn bravery (?) from the new Harrison Ford dog. I guess?

I sure would hope Pets 2 wasn’t a rehash of TS2 cuz they already did that in the first, which was pretty much all the first 3 TS movies.

You had:

1) a pet getting “replaced” by another, being threatened and then getting lost (Ts1)
2) the other pets rallying to find and save said pet (TS2)
3) the two other pets being taken in by a corrupt society of rejected pets and struggling to escape (Ts3)
That's what we mentioned on our podcast, which prompted the screenwriter to respond assuring us the sequel will not just be TS2. I hadn't even noticed the similarities between TS1 and SLoP until my co-host brought it up a few months ago.

So Universal should probably put SLOP 2 on hold until Pixar finish TS4, 5 and 6 so they once again have something to base it on? ;)

I'm hoping the new ride is a new story rather than a rehash of either of the films.

I also hope this gives Universal a taste for rides with practical sets and animatronics, it needs to have exactly the opposite affect on them that Supercharged did.

From CoasterLoop

I also hope this gives Universal a taste for rides with practical sets and animatronics, it needs to have exactly the opposite affect on them that Supercharged did.

As people have said (and as I'll reiterate); it doesn't seem to be using screens in a large capacity for the ride experience. You might (and probably will) see them used in the queues, but that won't be as if they're major parts of the attraction..unlike, another attraction that has opened this year in the world.

I wonder if we'll get an announcement about this soon. I feel like once the exterior walls go up, it will be hard to deny what this will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.