Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One post is about now. One is about 12 years ago.* Also I was talking about 2 different points in the ride.

*Holy crap Everest opened *12 years ago*.
My only thing to add on this whole thing is that no one has been on the ride yet! So just as you state there was a similar conversation when Everest opened, I feel like that's why we have this now. We can't go on the ride and can only look at photos until opening, so people are going to talk about what they see.

I agree, some concerns may be unfounded (or they may not be), but we won't know until we're on the ride. Once it's opened, this whole conversation will likely be long forgotten as the ride will just be so great of a time that no one is gonna care about the sidewalks. The only area that potentially may bother me is the Fluffy area given how clean it looks right now, but again, from the riders POV, things are different.

Also, from how i'm reading the comments, I don't see people making comments out of negativity against the ride, but people that just want this ride to be as good as we all think it will be. Sometimes that includes nitpicking at certain things. When people say they wished UC finished the Hogwarts show building (for example), that's not me saying I hate FJ, but that Hogsmeade would be that much better if they had done that.

Last edited:

What is the traffic light looking pole just the left of the stump root in water and above the left side of dock?

And note that they flippin’ painted the concrete bases of the piers that are in the water a nice mossy green. I think we’re going to be ok on the dock if it stays. :)

I also think that dock is staying btw. Those footers and arches are far to nice for a temp job. 10x10s? Overkill.

Anyone viewing these photos on their smartphones should really take a zoomed in high def look at them on a computer screen. The foliage is even more dense than it appears on a small screen. And it really appears they've already converted large areas of the fire roads/pathways to a granite stone color and look. Almost the entirety of the wide fire lane that parallels the long outside entrance queue looks finished, as do many areas near the fortress?/abbey? ruins. I'd guess all of the paths will eventually have that granite look to them, which does look medieval to a degree. I really like what I'm seeing thus far, and when the murals and all the pathways and landscaping get their final touch , this will be a helluva good look...Alicia has a lot of the detailed photos on Park Stop. It's really worth taking a look using a large computer screen, and blowing up the visuals.

Anyone viewing these photos on their smartphones should really take a zoomed in high def look at them on a computer screen. The foliage is even more dense than it appears on a small screen. And it really appears they've already converted large areas of the fire roads/pathways to a granite stone color and look. Almost the entirety of the wide fire lane that parallels the long outside entrance queue looks finished, as do many areas near the fortress?/abbey? ruins. I'd guess all of the paths will eventually have that granite look to them, which does look medieval to a degree. I really like what I'm seeing thus far, and when the murals and all the pathways and landscaping get their final touch , this will be a helluva good look...Alicia has a lot of the detailed photos on Park Stop. It's really worth taking a look using a large computer screen, and blowing up the visuals.

I concur. Looking at the likes of the photos that Reverse Imagineering did more from computers; shows great details to be seen. Especially with that wide road after Launch One getting that granite/cobblestone like color.

Definitely thinking we're going to see more of that in the coming weeks, and it makes sense; as the turnaround before the Fluffy Scene ain't done yet in landscaping.

You should see the originals they sent me. They’re 8000 pixels. I ended up cropping them into close ups but tried to keep the resolution when possible. And I agree, these should be viewed on a big screen. Plus, click on any image on the site for the full size for more detail!

You should see the originals they sent me. They’re 8000 pixels. I ended up cropping them into close ups but tried to keep the resolution when possible. And I agree, these should be viewed on a big screen. Plus, click on any image on the site for the full size for more detail!
Yes, I did that for the detail. It's amazing. Looking at any of those photos on a small screen is almost like looking at a different inferior attraction. A lot of the detail and look that some say is lacking, is actually there. You just need the big blow up to see and appreciate it. Especially those pathways they've recently done, they look great. And that's evidently been done in the past week or two since it wasn't finished in Bio's big photo dump two weeks ago.

No matter how great this ride is, it’s still going to get a lot of crap for these sightlines. The drop track show building will eventually be blocked by tree growth, but not so sure about the sound barrier. Does anyone know if Universal could take it down?

I do wonder about this... If you remember the Midway Mayhem ride-vehicle testing video, the RVs are SUPER quiet... but maybe the sound barrier is meant to work both ways (not just keep coaster/theme park noises from affecting neighbors, but also to keep road noise out) so it probably will stay?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the sound barrier have a mural similar to the drop trap building painted on it in the concept art?

The sound barrier is nowhere to be found on either (leaked or official) concept art. Keeping in mind that there's a lot of artistic liberties that could be taken on concept art to make the attraction look its best... and this does take some liberties to that effect, like extending the forest... ironically, it also makes it a point to illustrate the devil's snare show building as just that: a building with a mural painted on, and even includes some other random building behind the queue building (see left, under flying Hagrid). Peculiar choices for sure, leading one to believe that this is a very "realistic" concept art, yet I wouldn't take this as evidence that the sound barrier will be gone simply because it's not seen here... just like there won't be a flying Hagrid ;-) but anyways, this is a very, very curious concept art indeed... quite dichotomous...

5c872449eb3ce8200f1f0f73-1200.jpg

65 days left and we've seen some immense progress in just a month. Once all the paths are properly stained, the foliage already growing, and scaffolding is down, I guess we'll be entering the #Potterwatch phase. My anxiety will be through the roof trying to make sure I catch softs lol.

On the topic of the sound barrier wall, I think my throat is sore from yelling at Universal to paint it if they're gonna keep it. I hate it so much. But if it's been primed for so long and that new concept art @Felipe just posted shows a forest, I'm going to expect an extended forest mural as a last-minute thing. They might be waiting to clear the area of construction equipment and hand the ride to ops so they can set up scaffolding along the road without causing any more traffic.

65 days left and we've seen some immense progress in just a month. Once all the paths are properly stained, the foliage already growing, and scaffolding is down, I guess we'll be entering the #Potterwatch phase. My anxiety will be through the roof trying to make sure I catch softs lol.

SAME, my friend!

On the topic of the sound barrier wall, I think my throat is sore from yelling at Universal to paint it if they're gonna keep it. I hate it so much. But if it's been primed for so long and that new concept art @Felipe just posted shows a forest, I'm going to expect an extended forest mural as a last-minute thing. They might be waiting to clear the area of construction equipment and hand the ride to ops so they can set up scaffolding along the road without causing any more traffic.

We can hope! That would look absolutely amazing!

I think Everest is probably better themed than this but it’s an unfair comparison for a few reasons.

This is a far more intense affair.

Everest seems like it was themed around the coaster. This is a coaster themed around the ruins and forest.

Everest probably had a great magnitude bigger budget. (This isn’t an excuse but just the reality of it)
And yet the couldn't even enclose the building to prevent light from leaking into the inside revealing steel beams and an empty shell. Talk about breaking immersion

Status
Not open for further replies.