Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 207 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here Lies every Ghostbusters, House of 1000 Corpses, and Pumpkinhead fan’s hopes and dreams.

March 2019-April 2019

Good night, sweet prince.

tenor.gif

The unannounced IPs are The Thing, Army Of Darkness, Aliens and Classic Monsters. The scarezones are Big Trouble In Little China, Penny Dreadful and Aliens, the former being located next to the queue for the house because they've escaped into the streets.

Yeah, that's it. Yup.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to make you throw everything out the window? It seemed like everything was pretty lined up until today.

Legacy. What would be a surprise to you this year? Not necessarily a specific IP or anything, but what is something that would leave you surprised?

Okay, here's the sitch:

I have said from the very beginning that I was having to gather whispers and speculate far more than I have the last couple of years. Direct sources in Orlando are talking FAR less than in the past. Universal has tightened ship. Code names have been changed repeatedly. Even most of the rumors I'm hearing I am literally watching bounce between people in the echo chamber, which makes the true SOURCE of rumors impossible to identify. There's maybe less than 20 rumor mongers, and most of us know each other. One bit of bad info can spread quickly and become "confirmed" simply because two of your sources happen to be friends with the same different source. With Universal being more tight-lipped, it makes the echo chamber louder. I've been up front about this.

Now, I've already been partially wrong on the Rick and Morty clue (Stranger Things - which I was told would actually be TWO houses for seasons 1 and 2 that queued from a single line) and the original Bob's Burgers clue (Pumpkinhead). Truth be told, while I don't post a clue until I'm at least 75% confident on it, I haven't been more than 80% confident on anything I've "clued" this year. The only exception to that was The Cleveland Show (Nightingales - which I got confirmed very last minute).

That said, my best source has finally started talking to me. Not a rumormonger. It's someone whose knowledge about what is coming I trust completely (though it hasn't been 100% correct in the past). The info they gave me isn't matching up well with what I'm hearing everywhere else.

Now, that means my source could be wrong, the rumor mongers are right, and my concerns about "not knowing crap" are unnecessary.

But it could mean my source is right, the rumor mongers are wrong, and we've all been played.

It could be a bit of both.

The point is, right now, I don't know. And there's no way to find out without risking too much.

I think, sometimes, it's best to let things play out the way they're supposed to. 2019 might be one of those times.

You all are really twisting my arm here, but here's the rest of the houses for 29.

Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (feat. Whiplash)

Smash Mouth Presents: Haunting on the Sun

Shrekily Ever After

The White House

Student Loan Debt: The Experience in 3D

Vamp: 1885

Now remember this is a leak, so let's keep it between us, okay?

Okay, here's the sitch:

I have said from the very beginning that I was having to gather whispers and speculate far more than I have the last couple of years. Direct sources in Orlando are talking FAR less than in the past. Universal has tightened ship. Code names have been changed repeatedly. Even most of the rumors I'm hearing I am literally watching bounce between people in the echo chamber, which makes the true SOURCE of rumors impossible to identify. There's maybe less than 20 rumor mongers, and most of us know each other. One bit of bad info can spread quickly and become "confirmed" simply because two of your sources happen to be friends with the same different source. With Universal being more tight-lipped, it makes the echo chamber louder. I've been up front about this.

Now, I've already been partially wrong on the Rick and Morty clue (Stranger Things - which I was told would actually be TWO houses for seasons 1 and 2 that queued from a single line) and the original Bob's Burgers clue (Pumpkinhead). Truth be told, while I don't post a clue until I'm at least 75% confident on it, I haven't been more than 80% confident on anything I've "clued" this year. The only exception to that was The Cleveland Show (Nightingales - which I got confirmed very last minute).

That said, my best source has finally started talking to me. Not a rumormonger. It's someone whose knowledge about what is coming I trust completely (though it hasn't been 100% correct in the past). The info they gave me isn't matching up well with what I'm hearing everywhere else.

Now, that means my source could be wrong, the rumor mongers are right, and my concerns about "not knowing crap" are unnecessary.

But it could mean my source is right, the rumor mongers are wrong, and we've all been played.

The point is, right now, I don't know. And there's no way to find out without risking too much.

I think, sometimes, it's best to let things play out the way they're supposed to. 2019 might be one of those times.

Makes perfect sense to me Legacy. And I think I'm right there with you for the rest of this year, just going to celebrate the announcements as they come. And really that's probably the way it should be anyways.

You all are really twisting my arm here, but here's the rest of the houses for 29.

Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (feat. Whiplash)

Smash Mouth Presents: Haunting on the Sun

Shrekily Ever After

The White House

Student Loan Debt: The Experience in 3D

Vamp: 1885

Now remember this is a leak, so let's keep it between us, okay?

Smash Mouth and Shrek with two different houses? What an outrage.

Okay, here's the sitch:

Shuddup and share secrets! I want the entire line-up naow!

Does this mean KKfOS still has a shot? :lol:

I feel like this huge shift in speculation is kinda what we need right now. We were pretty much done figuring out the “clues” we were given and that would’ve led to us either not being surprised by some pretty nice announcements or getting disappointed by that IP list not happening as planned. We have no idea what’ll happen next now that ST is announced and the old lineup is obsolete. It’s open season again in terms of ideas.

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022