Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (USH)

All the technical effects are amazing and impressive. The drones are great, and there's an incredible "ripple" effect.

My only complaint is that there's zero story. Just a collection of random cool scenes that have a dark side to them. There's very little narration to connect any of the scenes or even tell you what you're looking at. Someone who doesn't know the Harry Potter films is going to have no idea what's going on for most of this show.

They did have a lot of surveys going on after the show, so it'll be interesting to see if anything changes. I kinda doubt it, but at least they're asking. The survey was quite detailed (can't give away what it asked, although it was nothing surprising).

Why can't you give away the questions? How would they know if you did or not?

Honestly, I didn't even notice any noise from them. The audio & general theme park noise overpowered it. The area is pretty well supplied with speakers..

/QUOTE]

More annoying is everyone who has their phone up in the air. They waited all that time to watch the show on their phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might need to consider the following before judging and calling the general audience annoying:
a) People with near-sighted problems want to see details more clearly.
b) People want to capture the experience for their family/friends that can't go to Universal.
c) People want to rewatch those moments later on.
d) People want to attract more people into watching the show.
e) People don't just look at their screens exclusively when they record.

Honestly, I watched the first 3 showtimes to experience it & get familiar with the show. Then the last 2 showtimes I took 100+ pics (which I need to go through & upload before haunt season lol), because I want to remember it visually, but I also have friends that don't live in Cali, so they won't get to see it in person themselves.

You might need to consider the following before judging and calling the general audience annoying:
a) People with near-sighted problems want to see details more clearly.
b) People want to capture the experience for their family/friends that can't go to Universal.
c) People want to rewatch those moments later on.
d) People want to attract more people into watching the show.
e) People don't just look at their screens exclusively when they record.

a) no comment - they are not going to get those details on their phone
b) Google Dark Arts Universal Studios - already 1000s of videos online
c) see b
d) see b and c
e) yes they do. that's why all the images are so shaky.

Yeah, I never video anything that theres already 1000's videos online of. There's going to be a much better quality version online than anything I could have filmed. So why diminish my live experience just so I can have a crappy version on my phone?

As an aside, how many people actually go back and watch one of the hundreds of videos they take or thousands of pictures? I have a friend who is a picture fanatic. Takes picture after picture of everything her kids do. Like she will have 20 different pictures of her kid holding the same ice cream cone. It got so bad that she had to go buy an external hard drive because she filled her computer with pics. I asked her why she didn't go through and sort them out and delete all the duplicates and ones she didn't want. She said she didn't want to have to choose which ones she wanted to keep because they were all special....... and she didn't want to actually have to go through them and look at them all. If thats the case, why keep them at all?

Yeah, I never video anything that theres already 1000's videos online of. There's going to be a much better quality version online than anything I could have filmed. So why diminish my live experience just so I can have a crappy version on my phone?

As an aside, how many people actually go back and watch one of the hundreds of videos they take or thousands of pictures? I have a friend who is a picture fanatic. Takes picture after picture of everything her kids do. Like she will have 20 different pictures of her kid holding the same ice cream cone. It got so bad that she had to go buy an external hard drive because she filled her computer with pics. I asked her why she didn't go through and sort them out and delete all the duplicates and ones she didn't want. She said she didn't want to have to choose which ones she wanted to keep because they were all special....... and she didn't want to actually have to go through them and look at them all. If thats the case, why keep them at all?
so true :lol:

When I film, I frame the shot, hold steady and watch the actual show so it really doesn't diminish my experience. It's nice to have your own videos. While I agree, I don't usually watch my own videos as much, I do periodically view my photos. I make an effort to delete extra photos of trying to get that one shot. It's especially hard trying to take pictures of my kids as they're always looking in different directions, so I have to snap away or use burst mode.

I have them organized by date and event. I also have them uploaded to Shutterfly, which has a nice feature that will occasionally email you a "Your memories from this week "XX" years ago." In it contains a sample of photos from that timeframe so I end up going to my computer to view the full album. Reflecting on photos is much faster than watching videos so you can recall memories a lot quicker through photos.

I've watch my wedding video once, and that was shortly after receiving it. However, I do occasionally view my wedding album, other major events, and of my kids to see how they've grown up through the years.

I am thinking of going on Saturday 4-27. Is this included in admission or is it a separately ticketed event? I can't find anywhere to buy tickets for it so I assumed it was included. What is confusing is that it says at the top of the page "special pricing for passholders.". Thank you in advance for your answers!

Still frame from JPland21's video posted yesterday. Absolutely beautiful and definitely an amazing sight for unsuspecting guests around the park! If anyone has any shots/footage of this anywhere outside of the Wizarding World, please share. Is this visible from the surrounding freeways? Would love to see different perspectives of the Patronus drones outside of the viewing area.

Patronus.jpg