Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

If we go off of codenames and where we think they are, I think it will be actually...

I'm pretty sure we think Drill is in a Soundstage right?
I personally haven't heard much about locations other than the already mentioned ST is SoundStage/ Appalachian Yeti house is in SoundStage.

I personally haven't heard much about locations other than the already mentioned ST is SoundStage/ Appalachian Yeti house is in SoundStage.

Ah I thought we had a larger list.

Either way...I think that's probably the codename especially since the original thing we connected to it (Hellraiser) seems to be dead and null.

Ah I thought we had a larger list.

Either way...I think that's probably the codename especially since the original thing we connected to it (Hellraiser) seems to be dead and null.
We have to keep in mind that HHN has to balance itself, you have to have an event with diverse content, themes, etc. The content (gore and blood) that would be presented in House of 1000 Corpses will most likely will satisfy those who enjoy Hellraiser. Having both in the same year (even if the rights weren't tricky) would be focusing too much on a certain demographic. This year really covers all of the bases, imo. It seems like it will be the best balanced HHN, even topping out last year in terms of houses.

We have to keep in mind that HHN has to balance itself, you have to have an event with diverse content, themes, etc. The content (gore and blood) that would be presented in House of 1000 Corpses will most likely will satisfy those who enjoy Hellraiser. Having both in the same year (even if the rights weren't tricky) would be focusing too much on a certain demographic. This year really covers all of the bases, imo. It seems like it will be the best balanced HHN, even topping out last year in terms of houses.

Oh yeah, just based off of what we seem to know right now, lots of different demographics and ideas flying around this year.

Okay time for a recap
Hysteria- stranger things season 2 & 3
Jerky- BigFoot ( J. Michael Roddy’s nightmare)
Onyx- Universal Classic monsters
Drill- Tooth fairy ( maybe with an urban legend title)
Pit(discus)- nightingales go to Rome
Everything after this is probably not in correct codename relation/ might not be coming if someone wants to correct it
Dog- ghostbusters ( slimer loves him some hot dogs)
Chicken- house of 1000 corpses
Salt-??
Pressure- underwater house extravaganza
Cotton- ???

Figured I'd take a guess at codenames and locations based on current spec. I know technically the codenames have changed but they've been lining up well enough so far so they're probs fine to speculate on.

Soundstage - Hysteria - Stranger Things/Ghostbusters
Soundstage - Dog - Ghostbusters/Stranger Things
Soundstage - Drill - Tooth Fairy
Soundstage - Jerky - Bigfoot
Parade - Salt -
Parade - Onyx - Universal Classic Monsters
Shrek - Cotton -
Tent - Chicken - House of 1,000 Corpses
Tent - Pit (Discus) - Nightinggales: Blood Pit
Tent - Pressure - Aquatic House

Based on the website we're down to two IPs left.

Figured I'd take a guess at codenames and locations based on current spec. I know technically the codenames have changed but they've been lining up well enough so far so they're probs fine to speculate on.

Parade - Salt -
Shrek - Cotton -

Unless something has changed, the website may be wrong and it's still a 50/50 split.

I'll say there is only one house that when I was told the concept I was like..."Wait...what?" Not that it'll be bad, I'm sure it will be fantastic but the concept is...esoteric in a way. I'm curious to see how Legacy hints at it.

Y'know what, I'm gonna pitch a guess based on what codenames we got left and say you're referring to Salt.

Cotton we have a bunch of ideas for (with one dominant one which...seems up in the air right now).

Salt we literally have nothing for it seems at all.

Parade - Salt -
Shrek - Cotton -

So Shrek is for sure in use this year?

So Shrek is for sure in use this year?

To me, it seems any discussion of new locations was in alignment with the house number going up instead of a present location being replaced.

I don't think they like using Shrek but I get the feeling that's it's the best they may got at this point in time. If it wasn't, I don't get why they wouldn't stop using it.

As much as I want Klowns to be a house this year, Cotton just seems like too obvious a code name for it.
Well I mean they could possibly use anything for KKFOS but the one that probably get a lot of people talking and wondering is definitely Cotton as the codename, but until I see Universal actually announces KKFOS, I just gotta leave it blank in my mind for the time being lol

I mean....all codenames are obvious with context.

If KKfOS hadn't come last year and they just did it as a house this year, I think there'd be more confusion.
Yeah you'd think they'd continued with what they did with Trick R Treat, it was fan-favorite, there's no reason why they shouldn't bring it back as maze for this year.

Last edited by a moderator: