Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
s2uo7sP.gif

I think I’m really tired of the “family friendly” topic now.

I don't think Tooth Fairy or Bigfoot would really be family friendly. Tooth Fairy is about someone who takes teeth. Meaning, ripping teeth out, lots of blood, etc. I would not call that family friendly at all.

Plus Yeti could easily be ripping off arms and legs etc. We really don't know how much gore to expect with the originals, sequels aside

Last edited:
Even in Slaughter Sinema, I personally feel the Swamp Yeti was more violent and more scary than the other things in the maze.
Exactly. I don't get this "family friendly" argument. I really don't think Slaughter Sinema was "family friendly" but maybe that was just me. I know that Swamp Yeti scared lots of people and I would not call him "fun for the family"

I don't think we should really make any assumptions when it comes to originals when they aren't sequels. Who knows, we could be surprised.

If what we have so far is true this year is looking more family friendly than last year with:
StrTh 2&3(confirmed)
Ghostbusters
KKfOS
Tooth Fairy
Bigfoot(SS was a house last year family’s liked)
What won’t be family friendly:
Nightingales(confirmed)
HoTC
UCM
LI2C

Of course HHN could make anything scary so this could change but at first look and IMO this is what I put together.
This is really presumptuous post in a couple of different ways.

If I had my druthers, the originals you list as "family friendly" would be the goriest houses at the event.

Even ST is a bit of an unknown quantity right now due to including season 3. Nobody has seen that yet so it could have some things that would be absolutely not 'family friendly'

I think multiple people have kinda made it known that LI2C is a pipedream at best at this point though. I think that guy may have had some potentially outdated info.
Well nothing is certain even in Spec. until Universal official announces.
Even in Slaughter Sinema, I personally feel the Swamp Yeti was more violent and more scary than the other things in the maze.
I agree it did seem more violent and scary. However, the house was still “family friendly” which causes my worries about that house hopeful I’m wrong. As for Tooth Fairy I don’t know what to expect, I’m just thinking parents see “Tooth Fairy” and they think it must be “family friendly”.
This is really presumptuous post in a couple of different ways.

If I had my druthers, the originals you list as "family friendly" would be the goriest houses at the event.
This helps easy my mind about the houses.

Even ST is a bit of an unknown quantity right now due to including season 3. Nobody has seen that yet so it could have some things that would be absolutely not 'family friendly'

Especially since the creators have mentioned The Thing and Cronenberg as influences for this year.

As for Tooth Fairy being "family friendly"...there are ways to make teeth terrifying...

I agree it did seem more violent and scary. However, the house was still “family friendly” which causes my worries about that house hopeful I’m wrong. As for Tooth Fairy I don’t know what to expect, I’m just thinking parents see “Tooth Fairy” and they think it must be “family friendly”.
did you even see the queue video for slaughter sinema?

Reactions: MrBlonde