Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Have we ever used the tram garages as a maze location before? If not it seems like we’re getting a maze increase this year with one of them going in there
I didnt even know we were a getting a maze increase this year. When did this happen?

I didnt even know we were a getting a maze increase this year. When did this happen?
It was rumored heavily at the beginning of the year that we would lose terror team in favor of upping the mazes, but it kinda died down after a while, nothing’s been confirmed yet just speculation and rumors

It was rumored heavily at the beginning of the year that we would lose terror team in favor of upping the mazes, but it kinda died down after a while, nothing’s been confirmed yet just speculation and rumors

I'm not saying anything for sure; I have my doubts.

But I know it's been on the chopping block for a long time. It's been an operational disaster ever since they lost the forest walk and the route became locked to the inefficient "funnels into tunnels" system near the Psycho house. It eats people but requires two management/operational teams and two full casts of people. It closes early.

Those resources could, in theory, be allocated to one or more attractions that could remain open all evening and not require the vast spend it takes to keep the trams operating.

I was at the 1999 event that used the tram garage and while I could see TT getting shelved I am not sure of the viability of that space anymore. For one the whole layout on that level has changed. It has been a while since I have been to USH, but isn't there a hedge that blocks the entrance to the garage?

upload_2019-4-18_14-45-58.png

For reference of the Tram Garage..

Honestly, it depends to me; more specifically on the subject of the trams themselves, and how the bay itself may interfere with the possibility.

If they were looking to up their maze count, I think there are better locations; but it isn't entirely out of the question.

Assuming they have a place to store the trams, I think it's a great location - certainly enough for a maze or two. It also has sufficient queue space since it can utilize the existing Studio Tour infrastructure.

My question would involve the route to actually get guests in and out of the facility. I imagine they would exit where the Studio Tour/Terror Tram presently exits. But what of entry? You'd need to cross a literal road that is used to shuttle staff all over the park.

In 1999 you went down the escalator and had an clear view of the garage and the facades. Now while it is possible that they could still get guests into the garage I wouldn't count on it.

Assuming they have a place to store the trams, I think it's a great location - certainly enough for a maze or two. It also has sufficient queue space since it can utilize the existing Studio Tour infrastructure.

My question would involve the route to actually get guests in and out of the facility. I imagine they would exit where the Studio Tour/Terror Tram presently exits. But what of entry? You'd need to cross a literal road that is used to shuttle staff all over the park.

Theoretically, couldn't they use the current tram queue, and also use the road used for the load and unload of the trams to help accomodate that level of crowds? Outside of the fence nightmare that it could theoretically bring, then have part of the street leading to the tram garage converted into a one way during event hours? I don't want to be sure of saying that though, as I'd imagine they would have to handle things legally in a way that would be more..complicated than prior circumstances.

Honestly, I just wish they got Stage 747 back and then just expand the foothold of the Metro Sets, but we can't win every battle.

*looks around*

Metro?

Who's Metro?

View attachment 9374

via Imgflip GIF Maker

I need help in the Garage...

Shooting from the hip,

The Family Guy clip is from an episode where Chris is fitting Brian for a Quinceanera celebration, which is like a Sweet 16 but 15 and generally celebrated in Mexico. I'm guessing it might be a Birthday Party gone horribly wrong, like El Cucuy in 2013? Another possibility: the episode centers around Brian "killing" Stewie's Teddy Bear and Stewie going crazy over his "best friend" dying. That, plus the sewing machine, makes me think Child's Play 2.

The King of the Hill clip comes from an episode where Bobby teaches a dog to dance, and there is dancing and dogs in both Suspiria and Hill House, and Suspiria probably fits with the metro sets, so we'll go with that.

The King of the Hill clip comes from an episode where Bobby teaches a dog to dance, and there is dancing and dogs in both Suspiria and Hill House, and Suspiria probably fits with the metro sets, so we'll go with that.

Now I will admit that I am predisposed to Suspiria not coming to the event but an episode about teaching a dog to dance and saying it is a clue to 2 IP's that have "Dancing" and "Dogs".

I am sure there are a ton of properties that have dancing and dogs. Ghostbusters for instance has dancing and dogs.

Now I will admit that I am predisposed to Suspiria not coming to the event but an episode about teaching a dog to dance and saying it is a clue to 2 IP's that have "Dancing" and "Dogs".

I am sure there are a ton of properties that have dancing and dogs. Ghostbusters for instance has dancing and dogs.
The scene with Louis dancing and the dog in the closet.

Everyone has been saying Suspiria isn't coming to the event so that makes me think Suspiria isn't coming to the event.

I honestly figured that Hill House was a safer bet, but Legacy said Metro Sets and I have no idea how they'll fit Hill House into that tiny, tiny tent.

Also just too clarify. There is still an abstract classic property coming. It might not be what everyone is guessing. But still a cool one.

Jeez, ummm...

Santa Sangre? Eraserhead? Tetsuo Iron Man? Little Otik? Silent Hill games? Phantasm? The Cell? Pan's Labyrinth? Gozu? Possession? Nightbreed?

Is it Twin Peaks? I bet it's Twin Peaks.

Yeah I dunno, I was iffy on that as I was writing it. But it's gonna be spray and pray season pretty much until June, so I'm shooting my shot.

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WHAT ABOUT JACOB'S LADDER? Or In the Mouth of Madness? The Beyond?

Yeah Legacy's clues can come in a variety of forms:
  • Can be quite literally the event in the gif but in a different context
  • Can be a reference to the episode the gif comes from
  • Can be a reference to an actor in the show (Usually a one time / limited appearance character in said gif episode)
Use that as some starting guides.