Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wrong about the bar/snack stand, too. Thought it was going in the planter, but looks like it's going next to it.

Going to use the most recent IU Photo update, but part of me does not see that.

IMG_3306.jpg

Unless if it's going to be crammed in, I just can't see it being on the ground. Especially as it somewhat seems, like an inversed hub around the Archway.

Edit: Using another, from JPlands video from a few weeks back, it further proves my point.

View attachment 9525

The only chance I see it if that's the case, is if you look at the first border to the right. But even with that, Jurassic Snacks was larger than even that.

IMG_8851 | Sydney Newman Photography | Flickr
The Jurassic World signage has been there for quite a while. I took this photo last June.

jw1.jpg
Am I seeing things? I don't have a good resolution with zooming but does that look like a dinosaur where the old stegosaurus used to be on the rockwork or is that just rockwork?

Last edited:

If you zoom in closely to JW it reveals some pretty interesting stuff

So they're keeping the Raptor enclosure, but not only that; but that they're adding more to that scene with the Indominus gates. It also looks like they've more properly distincted the front side of Jurassic World, to InGen's backstage, by doing a tunnel to the Raptor Enclosure.

I am also surprised that they're not far with the scene leading to the second lift hill.

As a general observation, I was hoping that they would have updated the boats to have individual restraints. On more than one occasion I've had someone violently trying to pull the restraint as far down as possible without realizing that everyone is sharing the same restraint. Another example is sometimes kids need it to go lower than a adult but they are stuck sitting on the ride with a big gap between themselves and the restraint. I noticed the same issue with the Transformers ride vehicles.

Last edited:
These new photos are really interesting. Looking forward to how the cover before the lift and everything else will look up close. So hyped for this. More than Galaxy's Edge to be honest.

So other than the same observations as everyone else I noticed a coupe of additionals:
  1. Looks like twin dinos is confirmed for Raptor encounter
  2. We have talked about a new planter going in between Jurassic queue and SNW before but from this angle it looks like a whole new building? Maintenance shed or something else?
upload_2019-5-12_7-39-24.png

Where the hell did the playground come from???

Its been there for a few years now although looks like they are expanding/upgrading.

They added it if I'm mistaken, right after Transformer's opening for Hollywood. That said, they did upgrade it from the previous version.

Meanwhile, we forgot another person who was at the parks yesterday; RyanTheme Park:

If it's not an aerial pic update I'm no longer interested... kidding! ;)

Really greatful to everyone who provides us with visuals - wish I lived close enough to do the same!

They've always stopped this fast. This version doesn't have as much of a slow-down straight away as FL or JP.
Oh I know (I think I remember reading they actually use magnets to slow it down). Its just such a shock to see it -- and I imagine it might be a wee bit more uncomfortable a stop

Status
Not open for further replies.