Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Phase 2??? Where would they place that??? Unless Transformers is removed (or Stage 29)...there won't be any additional expansion.

Stages 16 to 20 could potentially go for SNW expansion. Not saying they will but if SNW is a massive success and they want to expand, they can do it there.
Ultimately I think there is very little in the way of stages that Uni wouldn't relocate if they wanted to expand.

Of course they could always save the expansion for the second gate ;)

I'd guess if SNW recieves a phase two in USH itself, it'd have to be Stages 16-20.

The only other way that SNW gets an expansion on property in my own take, is if it as James mentioned; via the potential of a second gate.

there's no way SNW - scratch that - the entire lower lot doesn't get expanded.

I'd agree to that.

With the moves being made, from not just the parks; but the studio (As we have about 9 years worth of time for NBCUniversal/Comcast to prepare for the new facilities for Olympics); I do think there is a lot of ground that can be covered. And in the process, I don't think anything outside of Jurassic World..is really safe for the Lower Lot.

Meanwhile, from JPLand's latest video..

upload_2019-5-7_13-37-42.png

Last edited:
I wonder if the Mario Kart attraction will actually utilize animatronics or if it'll solely rely on the AR technology.

I wonder if the Mario Kart attraction will actually utilize animatronics or if it'll solely rely on the AR technology.

I hope and believe we will get animatronics as well as fully immersive scenes.

Not sure if the AR was cut, perhaps someone else can confirm?

Thanks to Bio for showing us what it all looks like from above! Great pics.
I was looking at all of his aerials & ground photos on his Twitter site. Bio is a real joy. There's aerial shots of Universal Hollywood that I've never seen before. Truly amazing.It gave me an appreciation of the full park layout. ...And his Disney shots were fantastic also....Bio is the biggest plus to the theme park community at this point in time.

Amazing shots from Bio, as it puts a lot to perspective for how I'm seeing things go around for SNW. Seems like they're going to cram in as much as they can, and that should be something to watch.

Edit: We got another,

Considering doing a guess photo, and giving out some guesses in some ways..

EDIT: I was going to post a guess, but apparently I am hesitating due to this particular thing from @Alicia

And with that, MK is now on the former Soundstage 28 and Soundstages 22/23

Last edited:
Amazing shots from Bio, as it puts a lot to perspective for how I'm seeing things go around for SNW. Seems like they're going to cram in as much as they can, and that should be something to watch.

Edit: We got another,

Considering doing a guess photo, and giving out some guesses in some ways..

EDIT: I was going to post a guess, but apparently I am hesitating due to this particular thing from @Alicia

Yea, I feel pretty good about that guess. It lines up with the Mario Kart permit for KidZone back when it almost happened. Lots of exact similarities between this and the old plans.

mariokart-hollywood2.jpg

Yea, I feel pretty good about that guess. It lines up with the Mario Kart permit for KidZone back when it almost happened. Lots of exact similarities between this and the old plans.

View attachment 9543

Admittedly, with how it looked; I almost wondered if it would've actually been part of the entrance, and that they were primarily setting up foundations for the sake of the elevators and escalator.

That said, I now see where I was wrong.

I think that the main entrance to this land will be where the panda express and studio cafe are located, taking us upstairs to a smaller version of the courtyard with shopping and dining in the top and lower floors and an additional entrance on the ground floor to the donkey kong section of the world. seeing that we are not getting Yoshi our version of the courtyard might just be "L" shaped since the Yoshi ride made into a complete "square " shaped area like in the concept art. whatever the second phase might be im willing to bet that it is going to take over the stages right next to it for an additional ride/ show.

I think that the main entrance to this land will be where the panda express and studio cafe are located, taking us upstairs to a smaller version of the courtyard with shopping and dining in the top and lower floors and an additional entrance on the ground floor to the donkey kong section of the world. seeing that we are not getting Yoshi our version of the courtyard might just be "L" shaped since the Yoshi ride made into a complete "square " shaped area like in the concept art. whatever the second phase might be im willing to bet that it is going to take over the stages right next to it for an additional ride/ show.
Yes to the “L” setup of the land. But I just don’t see room for a Donkey Kong ride here.

Yes to the “L” setup of the land. But I just don’t see room for a Donkey Kong ride here.
Yes. I've always thought that space was too small for DK or Yoshii. What might be confusing people is they're looking at that L shaped area on the early map as the entirety of Donkey Kong, wheras part of the outdoor portion of the original coaster was 'outside' of that lined area...And now we're hearing that concept for DK might have been scuttled anyway, and they're working on a different version of it.

I was looking at all of his aerials & ground photos on his Twitter site. Bio is a real joy. There's aerial shots of Universal Hollywood that I've never seen before. Truly amazing.It gave me an appreciation of the full park layout. ...And his Disney shots were fantastic also....Bio is the biggest plus to the theme park community at this point in time.

I think @Alicia would like to have a word with you. ;)

The combo of Bio & Alicia recently makes for a great 1-2 punch in this community.

View attachment 9543

Thanks for the insight!

Any thoughts on where you see the entrance/escalators going for SNW? Straight out of the street by Jurassic restrooms or over on the street which runs in front of Transformers? (Or both?)
upload_2019-5-12_7-16-27.png

Last edited: