Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Star Wars Trilogy from David Benioff/D.B. Weiss

Thanks but I probably didn't make myself clear - meant when it might be filmed and come out?

Not sure if Disney is currently planning for this to be the next trilogy after ep 9 or the RJ trilogy?

Oh, they mentioned in the rumor of this going into production by the end of the year. They didn't mention anything on production dates for Rians.

God I hope not. New stories! Don't just rehash what we've already seen.

I would want new takes on those stories, not rehashing directly from the past.

If anything, Bane is the big thing for me to wonder if they are going back to do something with the Rule of Two in canonizing that. I would even argue, it would be fascinating to see how Benioff/Weiss tackle that type of a story.

So...a lot of people feel like game of thrones has lost a lot of its heart after they passed GRRM in it storyline. Not saying they can’t do a great job, but adapting and creating your own plot line is a whole different ball game. Hope they can pull it off.

So...a lot of people feel like game of thrones has lost a lot of its heart after they passed GRRM in it storyline. Not saying they can’t do a great job, but adapting and creating your own plot line is a whole different ball game. Hope they can pull it off.

I have faith in them, because they were involved with the show since it began; and were there for 45 of the episodes.

I do think that's very crucial in knowing what we may want to potentially think of.

EDIT: In thinking of how close it is to Celebration, I'd suspect that this and potentially Obi-WanTV gets announced there; considering both coming close to this event.

Last edited:
What I'm honestly more interested in, is who is going to "direct" the films.

From when they announced it, the duo wasn't going to be in that chair, and depending on who's on that; it might help shape the film in ways as-well.

This has aged well.

After the last Star Wars and this season of GoT, my Star Wars movie hype is probably going to hit an all time low.

Apparently, and idk if this is still true, any of the Star Wars mythology books will not be used in this. Essentially, imagine if Marvel announced their movies and said the comic books aren't canon and we won't use those. So idk what they're doing here. Id think its Knights of The Old Republic which would be dope but Im not going to get my hopes up too much. Hoping they reverse that, there are SO many stories they could tell and connect together. Its also rumored that the Rian Johnson trilogy and this trilogy are supposed to be connected somehow a la the MCU.

Apparently, and idk if this is still true, any of the Star Wars mythology books will not be used in this. Essentially, imagine if Marvel announced their movies and said the comic books aren't canon and we won't use those. So idk what they're doing here. Id think its Knights of The Old Republic which would be dope but Im not going to get my hopes up too much. Hoping they reverse that, there are SO many stories they could tell and connect together. Its also rumored that the Rian Johnson trilogy and this trilogy are supposed to be connected somehow a la the MCU.

Eh, not quite. Marvel comics were written by Marvel employees. Most of the Extended Star Wars Universe stuff is basically just Fan Fiction. They can't hold themselves to something someone else dreamed up and wrote. And really, the Marvel movies don't follow the comics precisely anyway. They are inspired and use some of the stories, but don't think they don't make changes to the canon in a heartbeat if it makes a better movie.

Fair enough. However, I don't expect them to follow it religiously, I expect them to do what they did with Marvel, inspire more movies and more of the universe. But I understand your point, just feels like a wasted opportunity for Disney.

Fair enough. However, I don't expect them to follow it religiously, I expect them to do what they did with Marvel, inspire more movies and more of the universe. But I understand your point, just feels like a wasted opportunity for Disney.

Also, whoever came up with that story would have the rights to it and Disney would have to negotiate for those rights then pay writers to turn it into a screenplay. If they make a new story, they just have to pay the writers.

Also, whoever came up with that story would have the rights to it and Disney would have to negotiate for those rights then pay writers to turn it into a screenplay. If they make a new story, they just have to pay the writers.

I could be wrong (again) but I do believe Lucasfilm owned the rights to their stories, so Id presume Disney now does as well.

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Makes me extremely curious to know what's going to happen next, as this would've been what started the next slate of live action Star Wars. Makes me wonder if Rian's stuff is about to be fast-tracked.

EDIT: There is another option to that, and that's the Kevin Feigue project. Especially with how it's been implied of him being close with Kathleen on that one, it may actually make things go progressively fast for the sake of getting a film out by the 2022 end-date. But I guess at the end of the day, that's a discussion for the KF thread more than anything..

Last edited: